Serial Sniper Sentenced

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Mark, Mar 9, 2004.

withnoapologies

withnoapologies Well-Known Member

they don't do the electric chair anymore. it was outlawed.

anyway, i'm against the death penalty (one of the few things that i am against). i think they should've just given him life in prison without any chance for parole. [/b][/quote]
    so how is the death penalty carried out now?

Meteora89

Meteora89 Well-Known Member

with lethal injection

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

I dont like life in prison. Death sentence is/seems less expensive. We should be spending money on health care and things like that, not feeding and nourishing rapists and murderers. I say, if they do go to prison, dont feed them at all if they have a life sentence. That's real suffering.

Eilonwy

Eilonwy Well-Known Member

I think that guy deserves the death penalty. If he can take it upon himself to kill innocent people, then why shouldn't he be killed as well? He gets as good as he gives.

CoMpLeTe INsaNiTy

CoMpLeTe INsaNiTy Member

Nice Idea Derek the Demolitioner! ;) Maybe for whatever serious crime someone commits kill them the same way.....no wait, thats too cruel. :rolleyes:

Kate

Kate beat me senseless LPA Super Member

with lethal injection [/b][/quote]
    But the first lethal injection execution was botched. It took the man 18 minutes to die, and the shot was administered wrongly because the person doing it was distracted by the man's wife and children sobbing in the background.

Imagine having to watch your father die like that. It's not just a punishment to the perpetrator of the crime, but to the people who loved the person as well. Don't tell me innocent people need to be punished for something that one of their loved ones did.

And there were people counting down to the time of Timothy McVeigh's death. I find that sickening. It was as though they found pleasure in the fact that he was being executed.

In case you couldn't tell, I'm against the death penalty.

Edit: superxero88, the death penalty is actually more expensive than life in prison. I don't have the exact figures, so I'll try to find them.

Aaron

Aaron Foundation LPA Super Member

If they gave him life in prison, what in the hell would he learn. He would have a life sentence, and then some. So he wouldn't be released. If he bothered to learn anything, it wouldn't have helped him.

edited: keep it clean, aaron! :lol:

If they throw him in jail, people are still going to go around and blow each others heads in. If they kill him, maybe it will show the other odd snipers, gunners, pistol whippers what will happen to them. Unless they are totally insane.

I say kill him, and get it over with. In jail, he'd just take up the one space for some nimrod who is stealing a satilite signal.

(Yeeeah. The whole part about the jailmates, I was just messing around, and I meant no offence. Just to clarifie that so the one hundred-Aaron-bashers have one less thing to bash. Okay, now I'm just being rediculous. Carry on. I layed down my 2 cents.)

Edit by moi: Alright, who edited my funny part? I'm just kidding. :lol:

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

Either kill him or throw him in jail with Big Bubba :lol:

LinkinTheory

LinkinTheory Well-Known Member

I say, we should make the prisons more of a place to like end the day. During the day, prisoners should work their asses off until they are too tired to walk. And then send 'em back to the slammer. That way they are contributing to society. And we should just kill Malvo. I'm thirteen years old, and I know better than to snipe people. Screw the whole "minor" bull#### and treat him like an adult.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

That would be a good idea but it would make things too complicated for other murder ways. Would people murder them the same way they did it?

I think he should live the rest of his life in prison.

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

:lol: I remember that cartoon on New Grounds :p