Same-sex weddings become law in UK

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Dean, Dec 5, 2005.

Intergalactic Christ

Intergalactic Christ Blood On Ice LPA VIP

I know this isn't a racism thread, but I agree completely.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

@Saunderitos

So you're trying to tell me that if a Christian person is killed they don't put it in the paper?...If someone is murdered I can garuntee you that it has about a 99% chance of going into the paper if someone reports it to a newspaper no matter what religion. The way you're acting is like people don't care if a Christian person is killed which I'm gonna tell you straight up that is not true and a ridiculous flaw in your argument. The reason there is an uproar of media attention to the death of black people/muslim people is because it could be interpreted as a racist attack and racism is something that the majority of the world is trying to crack down on thus lots of media attention tells many people that it is wrong.

And please give me one example of someone who has killed someone because they are anti-christian and thought the christian person should die because of it, because I garuntee you there are a hell of alot more racial murders then there are anti-christian murders.

saunderitos

saunderitos Banned

How about you read my post? I said their RELIGION will not be mentioned, whereas if a black or muslim person is,their colour and religion will be. You can be racist and discriminative against Christians, why is that so hard to believe?

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

Same as if a white person dies in a primarily white area. Since it is the most common religion in this area, it isn't viewed of as a minority group the could get "picked on".

Luke

Did you read my post?

To be honest I don't even get half of your argument and the parts I do get are very trivial.

TheVoodoo

TheVoodoo Well-Known Member

God is supposed to tolerate everyone, no matter who they are. And if you read the Bible, there are several instances of homosexuality that contradicts the argument that homosexuality is wrong.

No one gives a shit if animals are homosexual (it's been proven that some exhibit homosexuality) but since humans aren't animals (a typical Christian argument) being a homosexual is wrong. I hate that.

I was wondering.. Where in the Bible are there instances of homosexuality that would contradict the fact that it is wrong? Just wondering. I am a youth leader in a Christian church and I don't want to start an arguement but I had just never read those passages.

saunderitos

saunderitos Banned

It doesn't say he doesn't tolerate them.

Luke

Then why did Jesus say ''My father's house has many doors/windows''?

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Animals can't think for themselves? That doesn't even make sense. How do they hunt then? Instinct. Yeah. That's what humans have, too. Instinct tells us what to do. Homosexuality isn't a choice, it's a chemical imbalance caused at birth. That's natural. That's instinct.

saunderitos

saunderitos Banned

It DOESN't say he DOESN'T tolerate them, jeez, are you ever going to read what I actually write instead of assuming what I wrote?

Luke

Well why is it wrong then if Jesus himself says god tolerates homosexuals? The thing is the majority of other christian associates say homosexuality is wrong? See, contradictions.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2005
    rosanna

rosanna Well-Known Member

that's why it's better to be atheist, and make your own decisions.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Well the evidence stacks against you.

You say you never specified whether or not God tolerates homosexuals, yet you posted this:
    Such a quote would assume that you think that gay sex is wrong, and in turn, that you believe that God doesn't tolerate homosexuals.

EDIT: This is why I'm Buddhist. It's a way of life, not a doctrine.

Luke

I too believe that Buddhism is the only way of life that makes sense (not that I consider it a religion).

Sorry Saunderitos but your argument has no case to back up why you believe same-sex weddings are ridiculous.

Minus

Not only that, it seems to me that he's flip-flopping too. At one instance he says that the Bible claims that homosexuality is wrong and at another moment that "It doesn't say he doesn't tolerate them."

rosanna

actually i am buddhist, as the philosophy. not the religion. it is possible.

Minus

Sorry if I am confused, but what is possible?

That Buddhism is a philosophy and not a religion, then I agree, seeing as I had already established the fact.

Of course the fact that it is a philosophy and not a religion is what makes it so successful.

rosanna

being buddhist as the philosophy and being able to make your own decisions not based on that philosophy is possible.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Another hypocritical Christian. That's fucking awesome.

Minus

In the words of Amanda/.in.the.shadows., ilu.