RED: "of Beauty and Rage" Upcoming Album Thread

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by seth.meyers, Nov 29, 2014.

NateXY

NateXY I was by your side, powerless.

krzyhox

krzyhox Active Member

When they give full song..:facepalm:

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

Really don't like the vocal delivery on What You Keep Alive. Just not feeling it at all.

seth.meyers

seth.meyers I still believe the best is yet to come.

Tour schedule has been released here. I'll be seeing them on the 15th in Milwaukee at the Eagles Ballroom. Anybody else planning on it?

krzyhox

krzyhox Active Member

[video=youtube;nCUgJPvpPnM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCUgJPvpPnM&x-yt-ts=1421828030&x-yt-cl=84411374[/video] new :)

February 3 will be released two songs ;)

N3M0H45

N3M0H45 Active Member

I'm loving the preview for 'Of These Chains'. Michael's voice is definitely wearing down a bit, but they seem to be using it to their advantage and he isn't allowing it to be scratchy. I can't wait for more!

Dragondust

Dragondust Lingering distortion LPA VIP

[video=youtube_share;rFvAkfTgKgg]http://youtu.be/rFvAkfTgKgg[/video]

NateXY

I think this is one of their best songs yet, and I haven't even heard the full thing..

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

Perhaps I'm looking too much into it after hearing all these snippets, but the Red fan base, imo, is putting the band down. I see so much hate for RTP and yet that was the most diverse work they have put out. If the band stuck to their gut instinct of progressing towards a different sound, they could have evolved even more so (follow a Linkin Park path so to speak). Of course they would have lost fans, but they'd gain more in the end. It seems to me that the band caved in and decided to make another album no different than EOS and IAI. Its honestly a real shame and while its good for their old fan base, they'll ultimately be "just another rock band" to eventually be forgotten.

NateXY

The album just leaked.

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Holy mother of god... THIS ALBUM!!

Not only is this a return to form for RED that was overall lacking from Release The Panic, but in my humble first listening, Of Beauty And Rage completely obliterates everything else they've released as well. There's not a single weak song on the album, which is something I honestly can't say about the rest of RED's discography. Each track is literally DRIPPING with atmosphere, whether it's a somber piano, sweeping guitar melody, or a beautiful string segment.

Structurally, RED has finally mastered their craft. Their growing experience from album to album has paid off immensely as several songs on this album I would even go so far as to describing as displaying "epic" moments which is a term I don't use lightly, even in Linkin Park's discography. The way they layer the crunching guitars, the blissful vocals, and the heavenly strings together just works flawlessly every time. These moments carry a cerebral sense of emotion, something rare to find in music nowadays.

Before RED were definitely imitators, slowly honing their own identity and crafting music to be proud of. With Of Beauty And Rage, the imitators are gone, and my wish is for them now to become the imitated. Even Linkin Park could learn from RED now, no question. Some of the samples and synths in here rival or even eclipse the best Linkin Park has to offer, and I don't say that lightly.

This album just kicks copious amounts of ass. I'm going to go enjoy it some more now.

NateXY

This. It's like a mixture of all of their old stuff, with a new spin on it. I love it.

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

Pretty much disappointed by this album. Didn't enjoy it much at all. Only standout for me was "Yours Again" and the chorus in "Darkest Part". Some of the lyrics are pretty cheesy as well as redundant, while Michael's delivery is both some of the strongest, but also some of the weakest I have heard yet. As always, the violins are a nice, but that's pretty much it.

Might give this another listen, but I don't see myself coming to like it. I'd say its a shame, but I'm happy enough listening to Periphery and FOB's new albums. Maybe next time, Red.

krzyhox

krzyhox Active Member

there is only one ballad; (

xsweetxcatastrophe

xsweetxcatastrophe Well-Known Member

the album is already on spotify?? wow, that was insanely quick haha. I'm trying not to listen to the whole thing until I get my physical copy, but we'll see if I can actually hold out that long...

lovablepanda

lovablepanda Well-Known Member

Just got through my first listen. Personally I have never been that big of a fan of Red's music so my reaction to this album is kind of what I expected for a Red album. The album has it ups and downs. Most notably, the first half with the exception of Of These Chains is unexceptional. However, the second half really is in my opinion leaps and bounds better than the first half. The atmosphere of the second half is just leagues beyond the first half. If they had released just the second half I would have been satisfied. As I said though, I was never a big Red fan so this album may resonate well with their other fans. Release the Panic had a couple really good songs so I was excited for their return. Overall I am satisfied with the album because I think it really represents Red well as a band and while not my cup of tea, I do feel they have improved with the atmosphere of their songs especially the instrumentals.

First half of album 3/10
    Second half of the album 8/10
    Overall 6/10

Highlight tracks: Yours again, Take me over, Part that's holding on

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
    Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

This album drags on a bit too long.
    Especially when a majority of the tracks are so similar to each other(and other of their releases)
    It's overstaying its welcome for sure.
    With that said there are a couple of tracks that are actually really good.
    "Imposter" and "Shadow and Soul" are arguable the best songs they have ever made.

But then we have the generic songs that fill out most of the record:
    Darkest Part(those chorus lyrics :sick:)
    Of These Chains
    Yours Again
    Take Me Over
    Part That's Holding On

Overall the lyrics get really redundant and that is probably my biggest problem with RED at this point.
    The atmosphere(violins/electronics) and vocal performance are very strong throughout the record but they kind of fail to grab me because of the cheesy-ness of the lyrics.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
    SigmaZero

SigmaZero Well-Known Member

All I can say about this album is, wow. When I heard Darkest Part, and Yours Again, I felt hope that they may finally release another album on par (at least pretty close), with I&I. I felt like that was their peak. Little did I know, my expectations would be surpassed.

From start to finish, is just pure excellence. Sure, they may not do much in the way of new things, but with tracks this good, I couldn't care less. I feel like this is the most, purely Red, they have ever been. That doesn't bother me a bit.

All that said; I would love to see them go in new directions. I feel like they've never been more themselves. I want them to try new things though. I feel like that is when they will release the greatest work of their career, and blow away everything else they've ever done...again.

Just my two cents. I know others feel differently. Nobody's wrong for having their own opinions, or tastes.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
    NateXY

Is it just me or does anyone else feel like Take Me Over was inspired by LIVING THINGS

The Free Element

The Free Element Well-Known Member

Part That's Holding On is impressive,probably my favorite from the song. Anyway I agree,the album leght is far too long.