RED: "of Beauty and Rage" Upcoming Album Thread

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by seth.meyers, Nov 29, 2014.

Mr. Awesome

Mr. Awesome Well-Known Member

*Claps*
    Well said dude. I'm not too big on RED, but you don't see me bashing or trolling at anyone for certains posts and threads they've done like some of the users here who do lack a bit of common sense. I'm just a guy who wants to chat. That's it.

BrandonR24

BrandonR24 Well-Known Member

Can't wait, love the benefits of donating "Buy RED'S bus!" haha. Anywho I'm hyped!

ProjektSoxRock

ProjektSoxRock Of Beauty & Rage

I had a blast playing along with I&I and leading Until We Have Faces and Release The Panic on LPA and I'm pumped to see a new thread already for this album!

I hope we have some fun puzzles like I&I and Release The Panic again. I will say that I'm hesitant about paying $30 just for a signed version, but the prospect of early updates is tempting. I am very excited to hear the strings return and I hope we get some of the raw vocals from End of Silence again.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

If it's an artist that I'm a fan of and it's a deluxe edition that's signed, $30 is a totally reasonable price for me, personally.

SigmaZero

SigmaZero Well-Known Member

I'm so excited for some new Red songs. Been a huge fan since End of Silence. I've seen them twice in concert. I so need to see them again. Last time was on the Nothing and Everything tour.

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

$1 million for their tour bus. These guys are fucking insane to be giving out these pledges and pricing :lol:

lovablepanda

lovablepanda Well-Known Member

I really like Release the Panic so I am really pumped for this new album. Their remix album was awesome too!!!!

LPFreak64

LPFreak64 BACON!!!

I was a fan of RED from the get-go. 'End of Silence' was amazing and it was a Christian band that sounded like Linkin Park (what I was looking for at the time). I didn't listen to 'Innocence & Instinct' and came back to them on 'Until We Have Faces'. I LOVED that album and immediately went and saw them 6 times in 1 year. Went back and listened to 'I&I' and fell in love with that album. I was REALLY looking forward to 'Release the Panic' but it sounded flat and generic when compared to UWHF. From the snippets I've heard of this coming album, it sounds like they are back to form. I hope I am not disappointed again.

N3M0H45

N3M0H45 Active Member

Pre-ordered the CD+Graphic Novel. Hopefully there'll start to be some better updates and previews soon. The preview of strings they gave on Facebook is pretty awesome, though, very beautiful and reminiscent of I&I. I kinda hope this album will be a bit more mature lyrically, like in a Sent By Ravens or Falling Up kind of way, but honestly I don't care what it's like as long as it's good. And everyone involved with it says it's their best yet, so there's really no reason to worry at this point...

...Whoa! Y'all see the the people running and hear the song preview/album cover reveal videos on RED's Youtube channel? Reminds me all the more of Innocence and Instinct, and since they even mentioned Canto... VIII, I believe... it makes me all the more excited. Thoughts?

Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
    xsweetxcatastrophe

xsweetxcatastrophe Well-Known Member

Happy to be back here for the third time after the I&I ARG and the RTP...thing, whatever it was. Hopefully we'll get some more closure on Accedia and everything else with this album/graphic novel, since the RTP ARG was pretty anticlimactic from what I remember.

Also, for those who haven't seen this yet: first clip of a new song here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3zujo_XU9o
    RED's back y'all :)

ProjektSoxRock

ProjektSoxRock Of Beauty & Rage

The "plague doctor" character has been a popular cover lately. It was on "Nox Aeris" by Janus and "LA Gargola" by Chevelle. Both awesome albums too.

I enjoyed the preview and caved and preordered the signed graphic novel!

ferrin10

ferrin10 New Member

Track Listing is up on Provident Distribution.
    1. Fight To Forget
    2. Darkest Part
    3. Yours Again
    4. Part That's Holding On
    5. Shadow and Soul
    6. Gravity Lies
    7. Of These Chains
    8. What You Keep Alive
    9. Impostor
    10. Falling Sky
    11. Descent

seth.meyers

seth.meyers I still believe the best is yet to come.

That's pretty exciting. Can't wait until they start releasing previews! Especially of "Descent." The last track always seems to be a beautiful one.

ferrin10

ferrin10 New Member

So Red just officially released the track listing on Twitter.
    1. Descent
    2. Imposter
    3. Shadow and Soul
    4. Darkest Part
    5. Fight to Forget
    6. Of These Chains
    7. Falling Sky
    8. The Forest
    9. Yours Again
    10. What You Keep Alive
    11. Gravity Lies
    12. Take Me Over
    13. The Ever
    14. Part That's Holding On
    15. Ascent

15 tracks! Although it appears they've brought back the intro and added an outro, 'Descent' and 'Ascent' which we missed on RTP. They also posted another teaser video titled 'II. Alive' and Randy posted on Twitter "Tommorow is Thursday... #catchingon?" So it sounds like they'll release a teaser video then a day to a few days later well get a song clip (like 'I. Darkest' then two days later we heard the Darkest Part preview.) But who knows! At least things are heating up!!
    http://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...4rlhs5LZ5KT3oC67VXM1siekrY4dLapGHtnd4aix0&s=1

seth.meyers

seth.meyers I still believe the best is yet to come.

That's interesting. It's a different track listing from the one listed by Provident Distribution. Any idea why?

ferrin10

ferrin10 New Member

I'm not quite sure, but I have seen this from them before. My guess is they get some kind of preliminary track listing before the official comes out. I've seen Provident Distribution post 30 second previews of other artists albums that have been exclusive to them and haven't been available anywhere else. So I'm thinking they have some sort of in.

ferrin10

ferrin10 New Member

I'm not quite sure, but I have seen this from them before. My guess is they get some kind of preliminary track listing before the official comes out. I've seen Provident Distribution post 30 second previews of other artists albums that have been exclusive to them and haven't been available anywhere else. So I'm thinking they have some sort of in.

NateXY

NateXY I was by your side, powerless.

Excerpt II. : "What You Keep Alive"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psEMsWr7ERk

Btw are there any Aussie RED fans here? I know they are coming to Queensland in April for an Easter Festival so I tweeted them saying 'please come to Melbourne!' and Randy replied to me saying 'see you soon!', so I'm hoping that means they are doing an Australia wide tour :D

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

This album sounds pretty fantastic from the snippets. The band is definitely falling back into its heavy as fuck roots, almost in a Hunting Party like manner.

xsweetxcatastrophe

xsweetxcatastrophe Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 10, 2015