RANDOM THOUGHTS 26 [CLOSED]

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by Ree, May 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

http://mashable.com/2014/09/25/apple-bendgate-brands/

LOVE all the other multi-billion dollar companies worth more than Apple taking jabs like it'll help sell their stuff :rolleyes:

Wait...are there multi-billion dollar companies worth more than Apple taking jabs at them?

2. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Love all fanboys defending a multi-billion dollar company like it'll earn them a medal.

3. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

That new Thom Yorke record man, so good. It's nothing really new or groundbreaking, but it's incredibly enjoyable.

4. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

That new Decapitated record man, so good. It's nothing really new or groundbreaking, but it's incredibly enjoyable.

:kappa:

5. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I'd finally found time to listen to "Goddess" but, then, I had to type up two news posts and, then, dinner guests arrived. Guess it'll have to wait yet another day

6. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

We need a new Mike face meme thread. :lol:

7. MKH

I just find it absolutely pathetic to take jabs at your competitors in all your commercials and adverts. Samsung in particular holds double the market share Apple does, and yet every new device they put out's main focus is why it's not Apple.

I understand envy and competition, but there's a pettiness that Samsung leads the fight on.

People act like it's inherently human to hate companies that have made a name and success for themselves. Somehow I think all the anti-capitalists in the world wouldn't be such a pain to deal with as people if they were the ones carrying a multi-billion dollar company in their pockets.

8. Andreina

But why is it such a big deal? One does not need to hate a corporation to make an opinion. Commercial world is savage as is and all those advert antics are just plain funny, don't know why to turn it into something so serious.

In a world where information (and funny edits) spread like wildfire, if you have a high profile, you're going to get the piss taken if you fuck up, and that's not only with corporations.

PS. A "multi-billion dollar company" should spend a few more pennies on quality control tests if they don't want to be the joke of the day.

9. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Man, I'm fucking loving the slow-burn feel to True Detective! Every line Cohle has is pure gold. Episode 3 had so much interesting topics to ponder, I love this show! :lol: Can't wait to watch episode 4 tomorrow.

10. MKH

They did.

As I said, the internet just loves to hate Apple for overpricing products that lack in hardware and software where their competitors do not, as if what others do with their money should be of any concern to anyone. If one chooses to pay more for a lower quality product, that's their deal.

I giggled the first few times, but now every big Samsung release is entirely focused around mocking Apple. Take the new Note 4 ad for example - the phone doesn't launch until next month and yet its only commercial right now mocks Apple copying the large screen idea (because Samsung invented the notion of large screens, of course), and tells you nothing about the Note 4.

Contrast that with the several new iPhone 6/6 Plus adverts with Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake ('s hands), that revolve around overzealous fun with the features new/improved to the iPhone line.

I don't deny Apple products are higher priced for lower builds, not at all, nor is my "fanboy" mindset from a blind state. I appreciate the finish and polish in Apple products, and the way simpler UI of iOS, plain and simple. As I said in my earlier post, I understand competition and rivalry, but throwing advertising money away on bashing Apple hasn't sold Galaxy Tab's or Surface Pro's better than iPad's, but at least Microsoft uses their screen time to compare and contrast.

At least Apple's higher-priced products show income when people buy the brand, as opposed to burning money on petty commercials.

11. polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

When you like someone and they already think you're creepy and you accidentally bump into them twice in the span of two minutes and now they probably think you're a mega creep. Coincidences can be so cruel sometimes :cry:.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
  12. MKH

13. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

14. Andreina

This is why I envy the first world. So much time to focus on meaningless things like this. I don't care about phone ads nor look at them in the detail. They're ads for crying out loud, I don't think a person buys a phone over the other because of how one company threw shit at the other, it's fucking "banter".

15. Andreina

In other news. I started the year earning 8.500 bs/month at work, which were roughly 16.190 USD a year.

In 8 months, I still earn 8.500 Bs/month, but now they are worth 1.020$ A YEAR. Yes. I'm talking about a -15K$ loss in adquisitive power.

I can't do anything about it.

16. Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

Oh, would you look at this?

[video=youtube;gJ3Ds6uf0Yg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ3Ds6uf0Yg&list=UUsTcErHg8oDvUnTzoqsYeNw[/video]​

Same dude, same model of phone.
    Now in one cut with witnesses.

17. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

How rich is this dude? :lol:

18. MKH

^ I'm wondering the same to where he said he used his personal phone in the first video, and then he got another unit of a phone that is next to impossible to find in stores walking in.

Not to mention he barely bent it in his edited YouTube video, and yet in this one he completely separated the screen from the phone, something that took a machine with an applied force of 110 pounds to do.

This is all very intriguing.

19. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Yeah, he might have tampered with it, who knows. I don't really care, though, I'm not getting this phone anyway.

20. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

110 pounds really isn't as much force as you'd think. An average-size guy could apply that much force with his hands without too much exertion, just like in the video. He didn't need to tamper with it beforehand. Aluminum is strong, but it does bend pretty easily.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.