PSP vs. DS

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Branden, Jun 1, 2005.

?

Better System?

1. The Playstation Portable.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. The Nintendo DS.

100.0%
    SoniX

SoniX Active Member

Technically, the PSP is the better system. Also in the capabilities of it, the PSP still owns it. Although I have to give some credit to the DS because of it trying to reach out and do something original rather than trying to be the swiss army knife of portable devices.

c89825

c89825 Member

I think that both systems are great in their own way. The PSP graphics are not better than the PS2, they're close, but not quite. The DS graphics are better than the N64, but no match for the PSP. I don't think graphics are everything though, you could have amazing graphics but the gameplay could be horrible. :p

I own the DS and the graphics don't bother me at all, when I'm playing, the creativity of the touch screen really is fun. Overall though, I have to admit that PSP is better, but it all depends on what type of person you are.

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

PSP.

The one problem with it is the battery life, I think it's something like 3-4 hours wheres the DS is 6-10 (I'm guessing that's due to the graphics needing more power or something?). IMO, the DS is too bulky and isn't exactly attractive looking.

It's strange that no one has mentioned any other hand-held consoles (from what I've read)... Remember there are other options like the Nokia N-Gage QD (although that'll probably be another poor attempt from Nokia...) and the Tapwave Zodiac.

EDIT: The PSP's graphics are far superior than that of the DS and it has more (and better) games to choose from....

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I made that vote... does that make me Jesus/Satan?

NickelNine

NickelNine It's the gin talking >>>>> LPA VIP

PSP owns DS. Period.
    1. PSP is better in every category making it superior.
    2. PSP can do things DS dreams it could do (music, videos, etc)
    3. I made this post using a PSP. Enough said.

EDIT: Lets see a DS make a post.
    EDIT #2: Added Pic

[​IMG]

Aaron

Aaron Foundation LPA Super Member

You own Wipeout Pure don't you?

If you don't, you're going to explain to me, or show me how the hell you did that.

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

You own Wipeout Pure don't you?

If you don't, you're going to explain to me, or show me how the hell you did that. [/b][/quote]
    Wipeout Pure is currently the only known way of doing that.

The only other possiblity is, that it's a screenshot of the LPA then uploaded on the PSP, which I doubt.

NickelNine

Wipeout Pure is currently the only known way of doing that.

The only other possiblity is, that it's a screenshot of the LPA then uploaded on the PSP, which I doubt. [/b][/quote]
    I am using Wipeout Pure. That is exactly how it looks on the PSP. I used my digital camera to take a pic of my PSP with the LPA site loaded on it. It is the real deal.

Aaron

Aaron Foundation LPA Super Member

I am using Wipeout Pure. That is exactly how it looks on the PSP. I used my digital camera to take a pic of my PSP with the LPA site loaded on it. It is the real deal. [/b][/quote]
    Wanna give me a quote on loading times for this browser?

NickelNine

I have a 25% wireless signal right now and it takes on average 10-15 seconds to load all the text on the LPA forums. It takes on average 2-3 minutes to load every single image on it though. It took a minute and a half to completely load all images and text on the lpunderground.com home page. The browser is pretty limited so it doesnt support streaming video and audio and things like that. fortminor.com wouldnt load at all. The PSP does seem to store cookies or something because returning to sites you've been to before load a lot faster than the first time you visit it.

EDIT: i am using the PSP Web Portal by fugimax