Discussion in 'News' started by Omar, May 3, 2007.
there goes that word again... being used in the wrong places.
Linkin park went too soft.
this might be the first LP album i won't be buying.
*Coughs* In your sig maybe
too many lyrics to put in my sig lol
it was me who asked about the live-track-order
finally someone who gave me a response - i was...like getting sad because noone gave a damn about my questions.
jeah, NIN style will probably be the answer
I think what people are saying about LP becoming more 'pop' sounding, have got to realize, LP has been the bridge between many genres, and from back in the day they would be the band that would get rappers into the whole rock scene or rockers into the hip hop scene, so now it's our turn to get 'introduced' into yet another music style and then we can start opening our eyes and accepting more range of musical styles.
The post censor should be brought back with 'emo' included on there. I'm not joking.
Hmmmm, I have mixed feelings. I like the sound, but it's SO much softer than I expected. I mean, we can't really judge the entire song on a 15 or whatever second clip, but from what I've heard it was really soft. I mean, it still managed to make me smile and get excited, but there seemed to be a LOT of mellow songs. But I'll still buy it, and I hope it will grow on me more.
You don't have to do ALL the lyrics in your sig silly. Just pic your favourite like I have
Dude! I think Bleed It Out could very well become my new favorite LP song. Oh my gosh, thats so amazing.
Break it down!
1. Wake-Not enough to make any judgement on that one.
2. Given Up- I think it could get old but I really like it as of now.
3. Leave Out All the Rest- I have a feeling I'll love this song but i need to hear more of it.
4. Bleed It Out- Like I said, amazing!
5. Shadow of the Day- Man, this sounds so.....happy. It's like, redemption. Coolness.
7. Hands Held High- I can't wait for the whole thing. I think it'll be soooo good though.
8. No More Sorrow- I might be alone on this one....but I'm actually not loving this song. I'm just not liking the screaming on it.
9. Valentine's Day- I hope this ends up being a single. I could soooo see this on top 40. And I'm perfectly OK with that. I don't care if it means they've "sold out" If it sounds good, WHO CARES?!
10. In Between- I gotta hear the whole song. I'm going back and forth on my opinion of this song. It kinda gives me a bit of a blink-182 vibe.
11. In Pieces- I dunno about this one either. Gotta hear the whole thing.
12. The Little Things Give You Away- For a six minute song, I definitely gotta hear more. I have no opinion so far.
Overall, very good. TOTALLY different and I wish there was at least one more "Hit The Floor" type song on the record.....but still, I really really like this.
I couldn't agree with that more. LP does indeed have a different sound and feel to it now, but emo? Please...
Ok. Now, what kept me up is the hope that What I've Done and those leaks are the weakest possible things on MTM..... Oh my god [no smiley can determine this face].
Replace 'emo' with 'emotional.'
I always thought that was what 'emo' meant
You know, I'll predict. that Linkin Parks next album, and pray there will be a next will be heavier. I mean, they don't like being put into genres right? So this album is soft, and maybe the next one will be All Hard Core, except a few soft songs. And maybe they will be picked from out of those. 150 songs they wrote while working on this album. Just a thought.
you know what i like?
the way mike raps in the song bleed it out. i can't describe it in words - it's like...oh jeah like in the "In the End (DEMO)". I like the way he rapped on the demo version.
EDIT: another demo reminds me of this: Esaul!
Yeah but if you switch them, it doesn't sound as bad.
YOU'RE SO EMO.
YOU'RE SO EMOTIONAL.
'emo' has lots of bad undertones.
Ditto, I have thaton my mp3, always catches me out when I rap(/sing) along
If you label all emos as selfharmers.. Then surely smokers should be put into that category. That came up today in a little discussion during college
Just hope it ain't another 4 years....
I think bleed it out sounds a bit country, but only with rapping and screaming. if it was sung, i probably wouldn't like it but I really am liking it as of right now.
Separate names with a comma.