Possible Confirmation on Chester Solo Album?

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Dec 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

As we originally reported over a year ago in an exclusive news post following our Sean Dowdell chat (see "Chester Solo Album: Possibility?" ) there had been talks of Chester releasing an album of his own material in the near future. Now through a quote from the British daily newspaper "The Sun", Chester has apparentely confirmed the existence of a solo album as well as what we could expect it to sound like.

When commenting on the album Chester revealed that 'it will be as far from Linkin Park stuff as you can imagine'. Expecting the normal fears that come with band member's going solo, Chester claimed that "being able to pursue our own dreams is what keeps us strong." and that the band is going to be "taking some time apart for the first time since we got together four years ago."

Being quick to squash any unfounded rumours of a breakup Chester revealed that the band is "aiming for a mid 2006 release" to their 2003 record Meteora.

The solo record may still be just a rumor so therefore this should only be treated as SPECULATION until we receive an official comment from Warner sometime soon. So for now please only view this as a possibility and not a total fact just yet.

Thanks to MeteoraBabe2003 on the LPU

lofton0788

lofton0788 Well-Known Member

If chester goes solo, linkin park will never be the same!

Derek

They will be better because the band's creative energy will have a chance to flourish. Solo albums DO NOT mean a band is breaking up and it only means an artist is trying his own thing while working with the band at the same time.

Mike's been doing a lot of solo things lately, does that mean he's going to leave Linkin Park? Not at all.

Adam

Adam !!!! LPA Super Member

If he goes solo I will bet everything I own that it sounds like a grey daze part 2. But thats just my opinion.

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

That's GOOD! I think each member should go flourish in their own element and come back stronger. I hope Linkin Park is "never the same". It was good to see Mike and Chester not conforming to the rules of Linkin Park on the Handsome Boy track. Mike's flow was better and Chester showed he could do a verse without screaming and use some great melody.

So Mike and Joe, go do a solo album together. Chester, do a solo album. Brad, Rob, and Phoenix, go practice.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Keep in mind that this is from "The Sun" newspaper. It's not exactly the most reliable source there is. Also, i can't see how a british newspaper got exclusive information from Chester. Anyway, if it is true i don't think it will be that much of a bad thing.

They're not breaking up and it will hopefully make them come back stronger from a well-deserved break. Keep in mind though, this won't happen until their next album has been released. So you're looking at a break in 2007.

lofton0788

lofton0788 Well-Known Member

I think its ok for people like chester and mike to colaborate with other groups because i think that helps to expand horizens, but putting out a single album will take away from the band. Look at what happened to other bands whose members went solo, like dave matthews and destiny's child(it hurts to bring up a pop group like that) but they all sucked afterwards...i'm not saying Lp's gunna break up but they made it as a group and i think they should stay a group.

Leslie

Leslie huh? LPA Super Member

:lol:

But yeah, I agree with you guys... solo albums don't mean a breakup. I'm glad they might do their own things. This might also mean that Joe could have time to produce/work on movies.

Derek

Thanks for the tip that it was from The Sun. I put that in the news post to make it a bit more credible then it previously was. Even though you say The Sun is crap :lol:.

Like you said, Linkin Park aren't going to take a total break until their new record is done and the appropriate touring has been completed. They are kind of taking a break now, to explore more creative opportunities outside of the band, but as you can see they are clearly still very much together, as they work on new material for the 2006 release.

Mcnasty

Mcnasty Y2K

I cant wait for his solo album and I cant wait to see all the frowns on people's faces when they find out LP's next album comes out in 2006.

adelleda

adelleda Well-Known Member

I don't know, I don't really like idea's of 'solo albums', but I really don't care anymore, Chester can do what the hell he wants.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

You.Have.Got.To.Be.Fucking.Kidding.Me.

If this is true, this is not good. Don't tell me that the 'band taking some time apart' is good.

I swear. If they break up, or lose a member, I don't know what I'll do.

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

The Sun is a VERY unrealiable source.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

i was like that at first....

but thinking about it and reading some other posts ^^^^ it doesnt seem to bad. and yeah - all the people that dont live in the UK, the Sun newspaper doesnt have that much news in it, its usually more towards semi naked women! so i'd treat this news with caution ^_^

sounds cool though!

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

I think this is a great idea for Chester to really show his potential as a singer.

Derek

I'm hearing that a little TOO much today. So therefore I added this to the news post as a precaution:

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

2006?! I'LL BE A DAMN SOPHOMORE IN COLLEGE!

blurredxnotes

blurredxnotes Well-Known Member

I agree.

I've had a nervous feeling since I saw the title of the board about 2 minutes ago.

EDIT: Someone could ask Chaz for a confirmation of that at a book signing. If I'm able to go to the one in NYC I will.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

A 2006 release. BOOO!

I hope Chester does a solo album. I'm sure it will kick ass.

Also, a time apart is good. I'm sure the members need a break and I'm all for that.

Scarlet

Scarlet Well-Known Member

Wow, this is the first time I'm hearing this. I would have never imagined this happening. I think it would be so awsome for Chester to make a solo album. It would be so interesting.

I wonder how it would sound. Some of you are saying it might sound like Grey Daze material. (<--I've never heard any music from Grey Daze.)

Even though I like the idea of a "Chester solo album", I don't like the idea of "Chester going solo". I think it would be horrible if the band split up. But of course, just because Chester makes a solo album doesn't mean the band would permanetly split up.

The news that is making me angry though is the fact that a new album for Linkin Park wont be out until mid 2006. OMG--that's like so long from now. I thought they said a new album would be out in 2005! :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.