Possible Collaborations That Might Work Quite Well for Linkin Park

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Xero-G, Jan 25, 2014.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I think I listed a couple people that would bring something new to the table (ala Devotchka and citizen Cope). As well Carrie Underwood would be a terrible fit. As well as FOB and Eminem. Like I said earlier you can't just jam random artists together. It would have to flow.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Honestly, as much as I think an Eminem collab would be good, I don't want it to happen. Why? Because you guys have had it stuck in your heads that it can't come out good for years. So no matter what the final outcome would be, it'd never get a positive reaction. And I just don't want the bitching.

Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

I mentioned this in an earlier thread and said that Eminem could possibly collaborate with Mike on the next Fort Minor project. We saw a diverse set of guests on "The Rising Tied" and Eminem might help add more diversity to the next project (if it happens) with his established yet distinct sound. However, I also think that Eminem may need to change up his sound by not being so angry, especially if the song he is featured in is not a particularly angry song. I don't know how I would feel about him fully collaborating with Linkin Park, as I am just not a huge fan of him. Someone mentioned in another thread that they think his lyrics are too vulgar and I would have to agree. I firmly believe that rapping in general does not have to include abrasive, degrading words to make it sound "cool" or "edgy". In fact, the only reason I even became remotely interested in rap/hip-hop was because of Linkin Park, since there was no cussing in their earlier albums.

Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Yeah, you shouldn't ever talk about hip-hop again.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

When it comes to speculating on these things, I'm kind of a realist :rolleyes: - I think solely of Shinoda producing for other artists (and not rapping on the tracks) because, to me, the idea of the band collaborating with another act is cheesy somehow. I don't even understand how a LP x a rock band would work and, frankly, I'd rather not find out.

Once upon a time, I said, repeatedly, that I really wanted to hear Chino Moreno singing on a Shinoda beat ... and it actually wound up happening! That's the kind of stuff I want. :)

Xero-G

You sure you wouldn't be interested to find out how another rock or metal band may sound with LP? The bands that I listed, while sharing some similarities with LP in terms of sound, all still have a signature style that deviates from LP. While RED definitely sounds the closest to LP musically, I still think there's some potential for a collaboration, especially with lyrics, as RED takes on themes that are different from LP. In some ways, LP collaborating with Skillet might prove to be more unique, as Skillet mainly focuses on subjects regarding spirituality and standing up for one's beliefs, whereas LP deals mainly with personal and sometimes political themes. I just think that mashing the two bands together could produce something great. Besides, people on here who would like to hear more female vocals in collaborations could have that with Skillet, as that band's drummer has been giving background and sometimes lead vocals in their newest songs.

minuteforce

Please explain to me how a band x band collaboration would work. ;) Best-case scenario to me is probably just a vocalist singing on a track with Shinoda and co., in which case you could just name the vocalist.

Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

No, it's mainly because Skillet's a Christian Three Days Grace that sometimes has a chick singing and Red's a Christian old-school Linkin Park that replaced all the rapping with MIDI strings. Their band names and the word "unique" should never be in the same sentence unless they're separated by the word "aren't". Maybe also the word "fucking".

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

drakebell-just-take-it-easy-man.jpg

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I also don't get this idea. I could imagine another vocalist with LP, but an entire band? What, two drummers?

Xero-G

To be clear, I was suggesting that the two bands in their entirety would come together and play. My idea is that their could be two drummers, two bassists, two guitarists, and maybe a pair of other instruments. What would happen is that the musicians would alternate their respective parts or play together to enhance the sound. Just imagine two guitarists playing two distinct sounds but alternating in such a way where it would work for the song. Someone once told me about this large collaboration effort between several bands that played live and there were at least two drummers playing simultaneously. I can't remember the names of the bands, unfortunately, but I heard that it turned out pretty well. Sorry for not being clear about my idea earlier.

Edit: I know without a doubt that one of the bands was Circa Survive and they collaborated with other bands on stage, performing at the same time with them. I will update this post again if I can find out more about this.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
    Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

I'd love to hear Mike write an EP with Puscifer.

minuteforce

:huh: Well, now, I definitely wouldn't want too see LP collaborate with a whole 'nother band. That'd be far too many cooks in the kitchen

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Broken Bells/The Shins/+ LP + Dark Horse

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Why not a three way collab?

[​IMG]

+

[​IMG]

+

[​IMG]

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

In theory it could work, and has worked with other bands to favorable results (see: Self vs Self by Pendulum and In Flames) but I think a solo or duo collaboration would work better. I think The Neptunes would be a great fit with Pharell doing some vocal work as well.

UltimateLegend

UltimateLegend Well-Known Member

This will most definitely work.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I'd like to see them collab with The Lone Rangers or The Wyld Stallyns...

minuteforce

Well, that song took three (of five) members of In Flames and about two people from the Pendulum camp

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Don't even joke about that shit, I'm gonna have nightmares tonight...