Peak of LP Fan

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Glenn, Jan 16, 2004.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

When do you think you were at your peak for your liking of LP?
    I think mine was in late 8th grade to the summer. I listened to them everyday and talked about them everyday. I still love the band and the music but no time will compare to that year for my die hardness of a fan.

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Around the time in the end came out, but i cant say its my peak untill the day they split up

Ninnut85

Ninnut85 Well-Known Member

ever since i first but ht into my cd player
    peak hasn't come down since and won't until they split

Toast

Toast Ambient

i guess im at peak now

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

Today.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

15 minutes ago.

LornVourkolakas

LornVourkolakas About To Blow Chunks

I don't think I'll ever have a real peak. Everytime I hear a new song, I end up liking them more. I remember like 2-3 years ago I was bragging about them. Trying to tell people to listen to them. My friends never paid me no mind. And guess what? They're all LP fans now. o_O

Tim2

Tim2 Ambient

Before- After Meteora came out.

I'll admit, I hardy listen to Linkin Park much anymore. They're still my favorite band but I've found others that I feel have better lyrics, music, overall more appeal to myself as an individual. I kind of feel as though Linkin Park is slowly selling out.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I few months after Meteora came out I guess.

I don't really listen to them as much as I used to. Of course, they are still my favorite band, it's just that I have found other great bands to listen to.

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

I think I reached a stable level 2 months ago :D . So I'm still on my peak :lol: .

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

My peak was, probably, around the time Meteora came out. It sort of faded out a few months after that.

I used to listen to Linkin Park all the time, and, sometimes, they would be the only band I listen to for periods at a time. Now that I have gotten all these other bands to listen to, I hardly listen to them anymore. I mean, sure, I listen to them sometimes, but it is really rare for me to be listening to them anymore. They are still my favourite band and probably will be for a long time, but, we shall just have to see what happens.

Snoo

Snoo Well-Known Member

It's hard to say...there's certain times when I just felt really, really happy to be their fan...and I still am. ^_^ I really don't know.

Hybrid_Bunny

Hybrid_Bunny Super Member LPA Super Member

I would have to say right after I saw them live..which was back in October 2001..but yeah. and probably a few months before Meteora came out, cuz of the whole wait and all. but evanescence is a really close second now so um..watch out, linkin park.. :lol:

LPFOREVER

LPFOREVER Well-Known Member

My peak was when I got reanimation, then again when meteroa came out, and then I started listening to all their albums. I gotta say im still at peak. ^_^

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

My peak was before meteora came out, the Hype i felt was insane, but it kinda ruined it for me, cuz it didnt live up to what i thought it would, i still like HT more, I listen to HT more than any other CD i have

erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

The summer of 2001, when "One Step Closer" was getting played on MTV. That was an amazing time. I went to my cousions whom lived two hours away and we listened to that song on the way up there. I was like obsessed with the song.

Then I heard the rest of the album later that night and I was even more hooked. I really miss back then because they weren't really that big and at that point, there weren't really anything negative you could say about Linkin Park. Having a debut album like Hybrid Theory... there's just no negative about that.

A few days later I went home and bought the album and the whole time I listened to it, I was amazed. The way I look at Linkin Park now is a little bit different and there wasn't really much I knew about them besides what was on the booklet and the official website.

I would say I had another peak when LPTV was out.

Me too. That's probably why I'll never reach my peak again.

That's arguable. Personally, I don't think any band could have described songs like "By Myself" any better than what Linkin Park has. I live and die by that song.

Logan

Logan Well-Known Member

??

kobrakai

kobrakai Ambient

My peak was from October 2001 (when I first heard "In The End") to May 2002... all of my friends listened to rap and stuff like that, so I tried to hide the fact that I liked them.. it was just for my own enjoyment.. now everyone that didn't know who Linkin Park was and whom called me crazy, "loves" them. I hate that.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

There are times where i listen to them and say like: why do i think they are my favorite band. Then the next day, I'm like what the hell was i thinking? Today Im in an LP mood, so im listening to them. I'd better be tomorrow too, cause there is the concert. YEY!

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

I wouldn't say I have a peak or anything, I just listen to stuff when I want to. Today I listened to Reanimation in my car, no real reason for it, I'm no more of a fan today than I was yesterday, and Im not less of a fan if I don't listen to LP tomorrow. I just felt like listening to Reanimation, and tomorrow, I'll browse through my CDs and feel like listening to a different one.

Funny story about Reanimation though. My car has a sub in the trunk, and Reanimation has a ton of bass, so my car is shaking like hell with the music. Of course, I'm in heaven. Anyways, I'm at a red light an an old lady pulls up behind me, she's probably not a day under 85. I looked in my mirror and saw her jaw drop to the floor while staring at my car and she had to definitley think there was something majorly wrong with my car :lol: Old people don't understand our music and sweet car audio systems