Panic! at the Disco - LP5

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by TEGCRocco, Apr 20, 2015.

TEGCRocco

TEGCRocco The LPL Invader

That would probably be my #1 complaint with the album. Not even so much as some of the lyrics were bad, there were a few moments, but nothing too bad IMO, but they just didn't fit with the melody at times. Looking at you Hallelujah...

Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

I was more leaning toward the lyrical work of say...Victorious and The Good, the Bad, and the Dirty. The latter sounded like it was trying to be fun and party-themed like Don't Threaten Me with a Good Time lyrically but it just didn't do it.

But on my second run through, I fucking love this album. Crazy=Genius sounds even better in my headphones than it did in my car's stereo system. House of Memories and Impossible Year are amazing too. Death of a Bachelor still remains my absolute favorite from the album. I almost forgot Emperor's New Clothes was even on the album I was so occupied with the other tracks. I also really love LA Devotee and Don't Threaten Me with a Good Time. I like Golden Days and Hallelujah, but not as much as the other tracks, and I think Victorious and The Good, the Bad, and the Dirty to be just above average.

I'm also fucking pumped because I went into FYE and they had Pretty. Odd. (which is my favorite Panic album by far) on CD for the first time in like 2 years when I went to pick up my copy of Death of a Bachelor. All I need is To Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die! and my collection is complete!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
    Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

[video=youtube;H5NqIsnyTG8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5NqIsnyTG8[/video]