Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Iain, Nov 21, 2007.
I would say the only thing that would make me stop listening to them is if chester left the band. Because then it just wouldn't be linkin park.
Then they'd be XERO!
actually... nothing would stop me from liking LP.
well one thing almost made me change the impression of Chester though...
after watching that LPTV episode of Chester smoking in a scene I was just shocked.
I know it's NOTHING with their music or style or whatever, but I don't know... I just don't like smokers as much as non-smokers. Sorry guys. x_x
But after PR... I was like... whatever. Ville Valo smokes and his songs are awesome. So as Chester. It'd just sucks if they die early because of smoking too much though... (like seriously... Ville Valo had like 2 packs in one concert.)
Then it would be Fort Minor 2.0
But seriously I agree, I think if any member left at this point it would hurt because I love the band so much, i want them to be together til their time is up with music
if they stoped being who they are now i'd not like them anymore but the band i would like
that is so true i hope you re totally aware of that
i am listening to lp for about 7 years...and for that time i have been exposed to all sorts of looks, lp-is-crap-you-are-pozer. belgrade is full of metal-people who are listening to "real" music, i am not saying that metal is bad because i am listening it to and there are many of bands that i like, but i cant understand why i should be ashamed for finding myself in music that lp makes???
i am convinced that they are listening to lp secretly at home
lp would have to do alot of things in order for me to not listen to them anymore.
-touring with coheed is one thing. but what if they toured with fall out boy?
-completely abandoning their sound to the point where shinoda and hahn are all out of the mix, in studio and live versions. because when it comes down to it, hahn is really very very present in live songs. ((bamboozle 07))
i mean lets face it, lp is a commerical and very simple band. they play easy songs generally. Minutes to midnight wasnt a horrible upset...it had alot of flaws, but it really showed there maturity and i respect that a whole lot.
However their next album has alot of weight on it, and is either a make or break record for me.
i could never stop listening to LP.
1. I've never seen a band that is so original with their music. Have you ever heard any reviewer say that this album sounds like so and so band. Or have they ever said that this is just a remake of so and so album. atleast i've never heard any of this. Although SOTD was compared to one of U2's songs but that might be just cuz Rick works with both the bands.
2. If i remember it correctly, one of their, what should i say, "crew member" or "roadie" once said that they are a great band cuz they are really down-to-the-earth cuz "they pack their own bags and clothes. Rock bands don't pack their own clothes!!!"
3. I agree that Chester's become a bit arrogant. But that doesn't mean that he actually is ARROGANT. He sounds arrogant because at this point, he is aware of the position that they are in. He knows that there are many people out there who love them. He is just proud of what he has accomplished. He just feels proud of how he has evolved from a "drug-addict-teenager" into a the leading vocalist of a great band, whom millions love.
4. I have read on many forums that LP is not very talented, especially Brad. Yeah. To some extent, even I agree that Brad is not as talented at the guitar as most of the guitarists out there. But I appreciate the way he makes music out of that guitar. I mean like, though he is not that talented, but he sure makes awesome music. For a person to create great music from an instrument that he is not much talented at, is sure a lot more than really talented people, who can play well, but make crappy music. I appreciate that greatness of Brad.
5. They write songs about real life stuff. Like Mike once said, as i saw on an LPTV episode, "I like writing stuff about real-life. Stuff that happens to people." This is what I appreciate and this is what has helped me appreciate their music and the stuff that they create. Not many bands focus on their lyrics. I mean, I don't like listening to stuff like "I wanna f**k you.." by Akon or "Smack That" by Akon again or most of the stuff by Snoop Dogg or "Umbrella" by Rihanna. The lyrics don't make sense at all. Maybe Umbrella does. But the rest doesn't make any sense. I respect the band for their lyrics.
6. This is the only band, the only band that i've known, mind you. The only band that gives as much importance to art as their music. They did all the artwork for Meteora. Mike and Joe did the cover for Hybrid Theory. Joe has done some sketches for the Hybrid Theory booklet. Mike painted all the stuff for his Fort Minor record. He did all the artwork for Collision Course. Where do you get bands like these.
7. Many of my friends tell me, when they see Linkin Park performing live, that all these rock-bands and stuff, and the people in them, they are just school drop-outs, people who failed at school. People who do drugs, booze, smoke etc. But I can proudly tell them that all of the Linkin Park band members are college graduates with a Major in their respective fields of interest. Except Chester ofcourse, we all know how his childhood was.
8. They are so lively and funny. I've never seen members of Korn crack a joke or even laugh. LP are so full of life and humourous. They enjoy what they do and "think of fun ways of getting there".
These are some of the many reasons why I love Linkin Park. I would never stop liking them even if they changed their music style.
And mind you guys. When Hybrid Theory or Meteora were released, these guys were in their 20s. Now they are in their 30s. People grow mature as they turn older. And so does their sense of music evolve along with their age.
If you see the LPs live performances until 2004, or maybe 2005 too, they were quit energetic. Not a single area of the stage was left uncharted. Brad used to hop around the stage. Joe was to "bog his head up and down". But when I saw the first web-cast of Linkin Park's performance since MTM's release, that was Projekt Revolution's Clarkston performance. I saw the performance. It was awesome. But their faces and body language and movements clearly pointed out that they were bored of performing the same stuff over and over again. There was little charm left in performing songs from HT or Meteora. The concert was quite energetic, no doubt. But they were bored of it. They needed a break. And they got this with MTM. They are a lot more cheerful while performing songs off MTM.
Just watch Linkin Park's Rock am Ring 2004 performance and LP's Pro Rev 2007 Clarkston performance and you'll know the difference. After all, Chester himself said, during the making of MTM, that at this point, they were no longer fools (or idiots?? either one) bouncing around the stage.
I appreciate MTM for it's beauty and the effort that they've put into it.
I can think of only a few things that can ever make me stop listening to Linkin Park. One of those things are if they let their success go completly to their head and become jerks to their fans because of it. and like some others have stated if they put another album like MTM together.. i like MTM its ok and everything but i still dont get why they had to change.. i get the whole thing about bands having to evolve and stuff but why now.. Linkin Park is great and always will be but PLEASE dont ever do another album like that again or at least until a couple of more releases... "if it isnt broken then dont fix it" thats the way i view their music.
Like someone said before, if they make another MTM. Its great that they want to try something new. Awesome. But it should have been a gradual ease. Not just going from OMFG DROP D TUNING MIKE RAPPING AND CHESTER RAGES to like, earthy alt-rock LP. It kind of knocked me out of kilter. I refuse to by the cd. I heard it in Hot Topic and only like 2 songs.
If they find a way to blend this new style with their older style in a cohesive and logical manner, then maybe I'll try it again. Otherwise, LP is the least played band on my iPod. Rihanna has more plays than them
Edit- And there is my token every 4-5 month LP area post.
if they completely sold out and made shitty music. yeap, that says it.
they could still do songs like dedicated and high voltage.
Having goals makes you an arrogant prick?
I guess I'm a giant douche then.
I pretty much agree with this whole post. Although, other bands have written songs that are as political and aggresive as No More Sorrow. Assassin by Muse is an example, its way more extreme then NMS.
Anyway, im not sure if ill ever stop listening to LP, though if they become really poppy then I will probably listen to them less.
If one member leave the band, LINKIN PARK IS DONE!
Well unless, the guy replaces him is a legend or a better 1...=)
Sellout even more and treating their fans more like crap then they have been doing lately. It's not really the same band anymore, not the music even, just their attitudes.
nothing.i will always like them.maybe they won't be my fav band forever, but i will still like them
How do they treat their fans like crap? Even in the slightest bit? They've always been grateful, and from what I know; they say their 'Thank yous' and such after most their shows. So they're treating their fans like crap just because they didn't cater the right type of music for you? I'm not attacking you, I'm just wondering.
Wow. Linkin Park didn't sell out, and not once have I ever seen them be ungracious and treat their fans like crap. I don't think they would have stayed as popular by keeping the same sound, and again, not once have I ever heard of anyone saying that any of the band members treated a fan like crap.
Separate names with a comma.