oh....my...god...

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Todd, Mar 21, 2005.

Justin

Justin See you there

That's just ridiculous. Fundamentalist Christians have been known to be really intolerant

Josh McDowell at a Youth for Christ rally in 1994: "Tolerance is the worst roar of all, including tolerance for homosexuals, feminists, and religions that don't follow Christ."

D_A_V_I_D

D_A_V_I_D Pure Pwnage

I'm christian but science has been pretty accurate lately and i addapt my beliefs to fit in with science as i greatly believe in both. I am also not a big believer in the first testament as it wasn't written when the things happened in genesis. It was all passed on by humans over a very long period of time. and we know how accurate that probly is (not very for those who don't know) i mean if i said a message like Jesus is comming agin. Within 5 days that message would not be the same. People like to egsagerate.

so what i think about this is that

Science is good and people should accept the information. you might not believe in some parts of it. But look at the things accomplished through science. People have to addapt move on. you cant stay in the past forever

Link

Link lolwut

The few Christians that would 'boycott' a movie like this, even though all they'd have to do is not see it, make all Christians look bad. But just realize that 99.5% of Christians couldn't care less about this movie.

Tee hee, generalizing entire groups of people is fun.

Oh yeah, because they were only doing that because they wanted to be cool, not because of their beliefs.

I agree, you're a total puss if you stand up for what you believe in.

I'm not Mr. Christian Defendy-Man, but come on. This is rediculous. You all act like all Christians are behind getting this movie banned. Like I said up there, most of us don't care one bit and wish anyone who sees the movie a good time. I believe in free will, and that means you can do whatever the fuck you want.

Now comes the part where you all attack me for what I've said. Yippee! :rolleyes:

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

No they aren't acting like all christians are in favor of getting it banned they are acting like this is another reaosn for not having a religion or respecting the christian religion.

USAF.07

USAF.07 Well-Known Member

I think most of posts you read were not directly attacking Christians as a group (most people are); rather expressing anger towards the sects that continue to preach intolerance for other ideas/beliefs. I believe this is how the Nazis started lol. One must admit that these isolated but vocal "sects" have been getting bolder since Bush stole office with his fellow neo-con friends. And when I refer to sects I mainly refer to reborn Christians whose teachings are to "spread the gospel" at all costs although there's intolrance among every sect and religion imaginable it seems this group has been more vocal and bold in the last 5 years since the government blurred the lines between church and state.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Wow, you couldn't be any more wrong. I know all christains aren't like this, I know some that would think this is just stupid. However, the uber-religious, neocon ones who are forcing their views on everyone and preventing a lousy film from being shown are the ones who need to jump off a cliff

Link

Link lolwut

Wow, you couldn't be any more wrong. I know all christains aren't like this, I know some that would think this is just stupid. However, the uber-religious, neocon ones who are forcing their views on everyone and preventing a lousy film from being shown are the ones who need to jump off a cliff [/b][/quote]
    While I wouldn't use those words exactly, I agree with you. They need to quit being so damned intolerant. But I just hope that everyone knows that 99.5% of Christians aren't like that 0.5% that make Christians look bad.

Mechanical Christ

Mechanical Christ Ein heißer Schrei LPA Super Member

That.

Is.

Stupid.

Silly people. [shakes head]

Mushroom Cloud

Mushroom Cloud Well-Known Member

Well, people also have to realize that when Christians as a whole do something nice, it doesnt make the news. But when a small group who claims they are Christians do something stupid, Its all over the news. I know some of you are just angry with this small group of people and are expressing your anger and thats cool. But also realize that 85% of America believes that Jesus is the son of God....and I would hope that we all know that 85% of people in the US arent all like that. Its like saying something stupid like "all people from the middle east are terrorist." We all know there is a small group of terrorist in the middle east, but we also know that the majority of people in the middle east just want to live their lives.

By the way....the bible does refer to the earth being round.....it was the SCIENTISTS a few centuries ago who believed that the earth was flat and was on the back of a giant turtle. Science has been wrong many times in the past people.... give it a chance but remember hypothesis and theories come from people full of error and mistakes.

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

Well, that's about my point of view too. I mean, I believe in science up to the place where they can't find any more explanation. That's where religion picks up.