Official: "We Made It" Premieres 04/29

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Apr 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

Meteora and Hybrid Theory and the Hybrid Theory EP all had a very similar sound, I don't know what you're talking about.

Also, isn't linking to a site for Linkin Park videos against the rules?

2. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

If anything LP probably have more credibility with hip-hop fans than with rock and alternative fans.

3. Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

A lot of people in the hip hop community actually really like Mike Shinoda and Styles of Beyond. There was a lot of praise for Fort Minor when it dropped.

(I'm a member on Rapbasement)

4. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Yeah, I remember that. It helped us out a lot 'cause most LP fans didn't know sh*t about what to expect. :)

5. erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

I post @ rap basement 'cos they know hip hop there.

Last edited: May 7, 2008
  6. Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

Talk about an ignorant statement. The hip hop community is not located solely in "the hood". Go on rap message boards and ask them what they think of Fort Minor. I guarantee most people will say it's good.

You seem to have quite the attitude problem. It's the internet, chill out.

7. Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Cuz all rap is about and in 'da hood', right? :ermm:

8. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

For someone who runs a website that I used to be a major fan and supporter of, you sure make some ignorant statements.

But no, you're right. Linkin Park has no credibilty with the hip-hop crowd, Busta Rhymes, Jay-Z, Handsome Boy Modeling School, Young Buck, Ill Bill, Timbaland, Lupe Fiasco, Cypress Hill, Styles of Beyond, the Demigodz crew, DJ Z-Trip, Juelz Santana, Black Thought, X-Ecutioners, Lil Jon, Sixx John, Chali 2na, etc. all worked with them because they all think they suck and have no relevance to hip hop. Fuck me, what was I thinking? You have TOTALLY shown me the light now, thanks!

:rolleyes:

9. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

:lol:

How can they not have credibilty anyway. That's insane to think such.

10. Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

In the hip-hop community, having Jay-Z say your name is instant credibility, let alone working with him and playing shows together.

11. Deewy

Deewy Well-Known Member

I have to say that this is my least favorite song of those that have LP somehow related to them.

12. erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

I post @ rap basement 'cos they know hip hop there.

Last edited: May 7, 2008
  13. Tech Artist

Tech Artist Active Member

I know it is his song. What I was saying is I don't think he fit in the song at all, regardless if it was his song. His parts were really bad and his voice just didn't go well with any part except some of the background noise.

14. esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

Go to a rock forum and I bet half will like Linkin Park and half will hate them too...if you can get half of a group to like you, you're usually doing something right. And if that group are typical fans of a genre you aren't usually associated that strongly with...that says a lot.

I think that if half the hip how fans like Linkin Park, they have some credibility.

15. LpHDFan

LpHDFan Well-Known Member

:lol:
    This cracked me up! It's funny enough without mentioning Proof, Motion Man and all the others. :)

A lot of hip hop fans like SOB and they also like FM. Fort Minor is quite respected and people appreciate the effort Mike and his collaborators have put into the project.

In a recent post in a "We Made It" article on a hip hop site, one hip hop fan basically said "they're [Linkin Park] borderline Hip Hop in my opinion."

16. SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

Its ok..Busta seemd off time.. the chorus was really weak.. the only really good thing about this song is Mike's verse and the piano

17. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Yes, because the articles are definitely the best way to gauge whether hip-hop FANS like a band or not.

18. esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

I think he means reading the comments on said articles.

19. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I'm sorry, but will you please do me a favor and shut up before you really embarrass yourself?

I too used to be a big fan and supporter of your website, but lately everything you have said in the last two pages is becoming increasingly more and more ignorant and it's starting to get on my last nerve, as to how terribly misinformed you are. I listen to all of the artists listed below:

As well as 2Pac, B.I.G., Proof, Motion Man, Hydroponikz, Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Chamillionaire, Kanye West (at times), Jurassic 5 (who includes Chali), Eminem as well as many more I've failed to mention in this post...but here's the clincher....here's the amazing part...

You ready for it? Brace yourself:

I HAVE NEVER ONCE LIVED IN THE 'HOOD', HAVE ALWAYS LIVED IN CRIME FREE SUBURBAN NEIGHBORHOODS, AND I AM YOU GUESSED IT....WHITER THAN SNOW.

So please shut up, and quit arguing about something you know absolutely nothing about and have no expertise in because otherwise you're going to get shut down every time. I've personally spoken to a lot of hip-hop heads (white, black, asian, latino whatever) who also don't live in the 'hood', and many people say Linkin Park sounds too generic or pop for them (although I disagree), but they think Fort Minor was incredible and that Mike really knows how to emcee.

But of course, you know everything and are the licensed expert on what people do or do not like so I shouldn't argue. My apologies.

20. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Modfather Strikes Back #1200

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.