Official Playstation Thread

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Friskey™, May 15, 2005.

1. Aaron

Aaron Foundation LPA Super Member

What game did you see that looked chunky?

I find it hard to believe that you would find the graphics chunky considering the PS3 is 32x more powerful than the PS2.

Did we all forget PS3 supports Blu-ray?!

2. Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Man, I hate being grounded from the computer. <_<

I saw it yesterday, fucking awesome. Read about it today in the paper, 2x faster than 360's processor, PS3 has 7 wireless controllers - more than 360's 4....awesomeness. :D

But how are 7 players going to fit on one screen? :lol:

*changes sig*

3. Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Yeah, that is awesome news. I think in the media department, the already-part-of-the-system Blu-Ray DVD thing is said to be a plus in Sony's direction over Microsoft's probably because Xbox will again have it's DVD media kit seperate.

Also, it's highly possible any "chunky" graphics are from beta stuff or something, not sure.

We shouldn't judge games by the demos. I mean almost every demo shown at E3 and in anything, a lot of the time they won't show gameplay rather than touched-up cinematics or just cinematics from the game itself.

I can assure the graphics of the PS3 will be phenomenal, though. Just look at Namco's latest Tekken 5 game on the PS2. Those are Xbox-like graphics, and though considering this is towards the end of the PS2's run, I am highly confident, maybe not in the beginning (look at early PS2 games compared to later titles, even the Dreamcast owned early PS2 gameplay graphics), but I know eventually once developers are more able to tweak and push every console to it's maximum, the graphics will be amazing.

4. Tomi

Tomi &nbsp; LPA Addict

Yeah, that is awesome news. I think in the media department, the already-part-of-the-system Blu-Ray DVD thing is said to be a plus in Sony's direction over Microsoft's probably because Xbox will again have it's DVD media kit seperate. [/b][/quote]
    Mm yeah. That's just fucking awesome. :D

I wonder how hard it will be to pirate games on a PS3....*whistles*

5. Aaron

If anybody wants a look at the PS3's power, look at the Fight Night 3 Demo.

Those graphics are not FMV graphics.

tm: My sig. is clearly better because it has a PSP to go with the lovely black PS3 I will have.

PS3 + PSP = owned.

6. $pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

no that's just a gigantic waste of money. :shifty:

7. Tomi

Tomi &nbsp; LPA Addict

*shrug* I got lazy.

Tomorrow I'm going to have some fun fancying it up. ;)

----
    I was sneezing when I was reading this article.
    [I'm allergic to bullshit. :p]

8. Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

*shrug* I got lazy.

Tomorrow I'm going to have some fun fancying it up. ;)

----
    I was sneezing when I was reading this article.
    [I'm allergic to bullshit. :p] [/b][/quote]
    I'm allergic to the same thing :lol:

9. Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

I'm allergic to the same thing :lol: [/b][/quote]
    meeee too!!! :lol:

10. Tomi

Tomi &nbsp; LPA Addict

meeee too!!! :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Copiers. <_<

11. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Copiers. <_< [/b][/quote]
    I'm allergic to people allergic to bullshit.

But anywho, I think there's just a certain point in realism that games can get though. You can have all the processing power and graphics power in the world, but if you don't know how to make a face look real, you can't make it look real.

For example, as much as I loved the Unreal demo, the guy's face just looks... Unreal.

12. Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Plus, judging games based on graphics is just stupid... Just look at Tetris. :chemist:

13. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Best. Graphics. Ever.

14. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Killzone looks amazing. I hope it's PS3 online enabled.

15. Cale.

Cale. Banned

I have a feeling its going to be insanely expensive.

16. Aaron

I already said the price of it will be around $465 American.

Source

---

I'm starting to have a gut feeling that Sony shouldn't have releaved the PS3 yet, just like Nitendo is doing with the Revolution. They've just opened themselves to overpowered in terms of hardware by Microsoft now. They should have relvealed the system but not it's power, like the Revolution

They may have had the better response, but think of what the response will be like when the Revolution comes into the picture.

They revealed nothing about the Revolution, but the revolution fo the Revolution is the controller.

IGNcube: We're all assuming that the revolutionary aspect of Revolution is the controller. Do you know what the Revolution is yet or are you still trying to figure that out?

Shigeru Miyamoto: [Laughs] You're doubting me, aren't you? I can see that you're over there mistrusting my word. I understand. [Laughs]

Of course. It's set in stone. It has been determined. I'd love to show it to you. I'd love to be able to show you the features of the Revolution controller and tell you about them. However, unfortunately if we do that too early those ideas would be stolen. We know that from past history. Analog stick. Boom - gone. Rumble Pak. We bring it out and everybody has to have rumble. We got the wireless out first and now there's wireless everywhere. So we have to keep it under wraps.

Source

This is where I see Nintendo presenting a better system in terms of hardware over the PS3 and XBOX 360. But I may be wrong.

Sony had better start upgrading memory and such to overwhelm the 360 and keep a lover price now that both systems have been revealed and the tech specs have been too.

17. Cale.

Cale. Banned

i wouldn't trust some random japanese newspaper. i'll wait for official confirmation.

18. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

IGN is the most trustworthy video gaming magazine/internet site in the world.

19. I Don't Need No Accuser

I Don't Need No Accuser Well-Known Member

That's a lot of money. You could buy a pretty sweet guitar with that money B) . But I have always been partial to Sony and Nintendo. I only liked a few titles that XBox had to offer. However I doubt i'll be buying any of the new systems. And Marks right, IGN is probably the most trustworthy site for video games out there.

20. Aaron

That's a lot of money. You could buy a pretty sweet guitar with that money B) . But I have always been partial to Sony and Nintendo. I only liked a few titles that XBox had to offer. However I doubt i'll be buying any of the new systems. And Marks right, IGN is probably the most trustworthy site for video games out there. [/b][/quote]
    You could buy a pretty hefty cymbal too. One of which I'd love to have, but anyways.

---

I am currently watching the Sony Confrence that was held at E3 and the processing power of the PS3 is amazing. They show you the real time graphics and I strongly believe that the demos of Fight Night 3 and Killzone are the real deal when it coems tot he PS3.

You can turn off the HUD in Killzone, which they most likely did in this case and it is a pre-recorded gameplay experience.

Fight Night is rendered on spot and is in real time, and so is the demonstration of Unreal.

Anybody who holds against the PS3 not having more improved graphics from the PS3 is wrong, more or less. The PS3 has twice the power of the 360.