Official Muse/The Resistance Thread

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by The_Cool_Cow, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

^ I'm happy you feel that way, and Imma let you finish, but The Resistance is one of the best Muse albums of all time. OF ALL TIME.

2. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Thread win.

3. Trumtram

Trumtram Well-Known Member

i disagree. really do, but oh well, as long as there is a "thread win" i guess im just a poor man without taste, huh?

4. Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I can't post links here so I will say this: the Muse unofficial b-sides/extras compilation called Do We Need This? is absolutely amazing. It's 24 tracks and most of it is gold. There's stuff on here that's on par with album songs, stuff that is a lot better than album songs, stuff that any Muse fan needs to get. Srsly, guys, torrent it nao.

5. Dissociative

Dissociative Well-Known Member

absolute masterpiece.

very uplifting album.

6. $pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

so was Bellamy's little letter to Lily Allen ever posted? It's his personal solution to the filesharing debate between Allen VS. the FAC. I'm somehow not surprised that Allen, James Blunt, Bellamy, etc. (all swimming in money) would support something like this.

harhar. I might like a few songs by Muse, but Matthew needs to eject his head from his ass. We download because CDs are too expensive. Let's just cut that out and make ISP's charge more for downloading! It'll be the same issue all over again. Moron.

7. Klootzak

Klootzak Well-Known Member

8. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

CD's aren't "too expensive" for anybody who can afford a computer and a high-speed Internet connection, sorry. People download music because it's convenient and doesn't force them to pay for something they may not end up liking. It's the same reason people like places like Sam Ash or Guitar Center better than a small music store - you can walk in, pick out an instrument, and play it in the store for as long as you want without being forced to buy it. I can't shell out 5 grand for a custom shop Gibson Les Paul, but I can get one off the wall at Guitar Center and play it for 3 hours straight if I want to.

ISP's SHOULD be taxed for music downloads. Individual websites have to pay licensing fees for copyrighted songs just radio and television do, but the ISPs essentially get off free for all the music people download using their services. That'd be the equivalent of MTV trying to get out of paying licensing fees for all the music they broadcast (for the sake of this argument, let's assume that MTV still actually played music...:lol:). The only thing I don't agree with is that the end user should have to pay a higher subscription fee based on their usage, because that goes against the concept of net neutrality.