Nintendo DS/PSP?

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Anya, Nov 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

A simple question. My parents are giving me two choices.. to get a Nintendo DS or a PSP. I don't see a Nintendo DS thread here so it doesn't give me much info, but if anyone has either one of the two (or maybe both) what do you think is the best choice? PSP has amazing graphics, but DS has amazing gameplay.

Anyone wanna help me with this decision? Give me some pro's and con's.

Edit: Come to think of it, I'm not sure if this thread belongs here or Random Chat so sorry if it's in the wrong place.

Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

I was thinking bout getting a PSP for Xmas, but due to the price of it being $250 and after seeing some of the games for the DS...Im asking for the DS.

If your a weirdaholic, then you should get the DS. Really weird games are on there like Warioware: Touched, Trauma Center: Under The Knife, and Meteos. Also goes well if your just a plain Mario fan (Mario Kart DS made me want the DS). It's not the best graphic wise, but if your an old fan of the N64, you'll dig it.

If your just a person who is spoiled or just wants to be on the A-game, then go for the PSP. It's basically what people say...a portable PS2 and yes, the graphics look amazing, plus there are some good games for that like Lumines and GTA: Liberty City Stories.

It all basically comes down to what you really look for in games. Like I said before. Weirdaholic = DS. Hardcore = PSP. And if your spoiled, go for both :lol:

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

I played Under the Knife, and it was amazinngg. I think I am a wierdoholic, the games look damn good to me. I don't think PSP has very good games but I don't know of many.. except for the one's you just mentioned. I'm still debating though.

LinkinJunior

LinkinJunior LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

i been hearing that Mario Kart for the DS is the best reason to get he DS.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

I would get a PSP. Some of the games out for it are underrated and play great, besides that you can get movies (for free if you're cool ;-)) and music.

The only thing the DS has going for it is Mario Kart and Nintendogs and Nintendogs is a game that would get extremely old quick if you aren't a kid.

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

I have my PSP not just for games. I use it as my mp3 player, as my movie player (Not just UMD's, downloaded movies) as a picture gallery, internet, you name it. It's a usefull system not just for games. Plus next year theres a whole mess of new games coming out that are going to be awesome.

Rinkin

Rinkin Well-Known Member

I'd get a DS, especially with Mario Kart w/ wi-fi and Metroid Prime Hunters with the wi-fi also, and as stated above, if you are a weirdaholic, the DS is for you.

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

Can you give me a list of the games that they're coming out with? Or at least a link so I can look at them, and see if they're worthy of playing lol.

The Doctor

Last edited: Nov 28, 2005
    Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

The only game that really looked appealing to me was Popolo Crois. Anyone know if the DVD's for PSP are cheaper than when buying regular DVD's? I doubt they are, but If I were to get a PSP.. I wanna buy a ton of anime, and I know anime is very expensive lol.

BuriedxTragedy: Nintendogs is one of the worst games to get for DS, they do have way better even past Mario Kart. One of the best one's IMO that I see so far are Lost in Blue, Animal Crossing: Wild World, Kirby: Canvas Curse, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Elektroplankton, Trace Memory, Sprung.

If you look them up, they have great decriptions. Most are roleplay and I love roleplay.

Amanda.

Amanda. Well-Known Member

The Doctor

Actually anime UMD's are cheaper than the DVD's because all UMD's are price similarly. I got Appleseed, Cowboy Bebop and Akira for 16 bucks each, whereas the DVD's were about 20-25 each.

Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

Made me want it. I loved Mario Kart 64 and Double Dash to death.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

If you like games get a DS, or if you want a decent all-round gadget but one that plays unremarkable games with crap frame rates get a PSP.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2005
    Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

PSP is cool gadget-wise.. but I think I'm leaning towards the DS more, it's better since I love oplaying games more than watching movies. Cheaper anime is appealing.. but games are allways a #1 in my opinion lol.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I'm a Nintendo fan-boy. Naturally, I'm going to tell you to buy a Nintendo DS.

However, as everyone's already stated, if you want a hand-held that will do all but wipe your ass when you shit, get the PSP.

But get the DS.

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

I think I am gonna go with the DS, thanks. :lol:

Thankyou everybody for the info!

LinkinPark890

LinkinPark890 Banned

Get the psp...its 10 times better. ;)

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

You could at least give me a reason why lol.

LinkinPark890

LinkinPark890 Banned

Because it has better graphics, you can play movies on it, and....yeah. lol...well, actually, i love nintendo too so its up to you. >.<

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.