NHL/Hockey Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Mark, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Ant

Ant Ambient

Man my picks did horrible. lol... oh well.

I'm thinking Oilers and Sabres, too.

2. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Isn't looking good at the moment. :lol: 5-3 Sweden, 2nd Int.

I just watched the first period of the Carolina/Buffalo game, and wow, it's blistering fast.

3. Hana

Hana i are scientists LPA Super Member

Damn, Sweden looks way too scary o_O

4. Mark

International Canadian hockey has been dismal over 2005 and 2006. How disappointing. The only bright spot is the World Juniors. Hopefully they pick it up in 2007.

Edmonton wins again! Going home 2-0? They might even sweep the Ducks! Roloson has a two-game point streak. :lol:

5. Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

Hell yah Oilers. I am a bit surprised, but I have not given up on my team for one second. For the record I still hate MacTavish and local rumors are that Ethan Moreau wants out next season cause of his problems and dislike for coach MacT.

6. SRPSKILPFAN

SRPSKILPFAN Banned

Damn.... Ducks 1, Oilers 3... Again...

7. Ryan

Yah eventhough your ducks are "untouchable" it is still possibly that they do suck and will get swept.

I told you Testament that the Oilers were gonna be a force to be reconed with at the beginning of the year.

8. Justin

Justin See you there

What's wrong with MacTavish?

I'm foreseeing a sweep of the Ducks. They haven't won in Rexall Place since 1999. Wow, Mike Peca has been a real force lately.

9. Mark

Oilers for the sweep! What a game last night was, the Ducks made it interesting.

10. Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

Yeah, watching that...Ducks scared the hell out of me.

11. Ryan

Whats wrong with MacTavish?

Where can I start? Well how about this, Winchester top line player? No, then why the fuck is he on the ice on the top line in the playoffs? Just cause he scored a game winning goal. So what now can we expect to see Toby Peterson on the top line?

Secondly, MacTavinsh takes Hemsky off the top line for the playoffs then finally reunites him with the top line in the 3rd overtime period of that San Jose game and obviously we know the result of that. To start the next game Hemsky isn't on the top line and the Oilers find themselves down 2-0 quickly. MacT puts Hemsky back on the top line and they make is 2-1. Then to start the 2nd period once again Hemsky isn't on the top line.

Thirdly, great call by MacTavish to waste his timeout last night when there is a stopage in play and the refs are going upstairs. These are just a few reasons as of late, but if you want more I could easily dig up more. Like not playing goalie Mike Morrison when he had a record of 6-1 but yet still had confidence in tenders Ty Conklin and Jussi Markannen.

Trust me this guy is the worst coach in the league, but his job is pretty secure with the playoff run the oilers are having and obvioulsy having his buddy Lowe as GM.

Edit: Just announced by Craig MacTavish yesterday, since the Oilers are dealing with the flu bug and many players are being affected by it, MacTavish says he will sit as many regualrs as he needs for them to properly rest. He thinks that since he has a 3-0 series lead the Oilers are invincible just liek they thought when they had a 4-0 lead. Bad idea, play your regulars and finish off the ducks then rest up and wait for the next series cause it could easily go 7 games.

Last edited: May 25, 2006
  12. Ryan

Sorry for the double post but no one has posted in here in a couple of days and new stuff has transpired.

I totally saw the loss coming to edmonton, cause a team can only win so many games after continually getting outshot. I didn't tihnk it was gonna be as bad as it was, but oh well. Too many shitty goals, the only goal they scored that should have actually went in was their 3rd one.

To Justin: I know a coach can only control his players so much, but there is no damn reason for your team to get outshot 25-3 in a single period. No reason why he couldn't have used a timeout to regroup his team.

13. Mark

I thought it was a bad idea to sit Harvey and put in Torres. Get Harvey back in there!

They Oilers will pull it out in Anaheim.

14. Ryan

Yes that too, I totally agree with Cherry, keep a winning line-up the same. Keep Harvey in there and maybe sit Peterson and play Torres.

15. SRPSKILPFAN

SRPSKILPFAN Banned

It was a good game last night (can't wait for tomorow) but I think that the best one was the third...

In every game of the series the Ducks had more shots, but the Roloson was amazing...

16. Ryan

The Ducks are done dude. Of the 6 goals they had last night, if the Oilers defense played the way they have earlier in the playoffs, only 1 goal should have went in and that was the 3rd one.

17. Friskey™

How about them Mighty Ducks? Not so mighty after all :lol:

It's awesome though that the Oilers are in the Cup. It'd be amazing for a Canadian team to win the Stanley Cup, the first year the NHL is back in business.

18. SRPSKILPFAN

SRPSKILPFAN Banned

Good luck next year, with new name Anaheim Ducks...

19. Friskey™

Pft...I liked the Mighty Ducks better. But i'm sure they wanna steer away from the movies :lol:

20. Ryan

Yah they really needed Emillio to help them out alst night behind the bench. Actually he couldn't even have saved them.

Although I don't know whothe Oilers are playing next round my pick for the finals is Edmonton in 6. Can't bet against my favorite team.