New The Catalyst Preview on YouTube

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ALivingGrudge

ALivingGrudge We are saints made of plaster.

The "Keyboard 1" seed is supposed to sound like an organ, and it's in this snippet, but in the background and quiet. That's why I thought he might've thought it was strings.

2. maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

*presses the imaginary "like" button* u are so right..Mike simply stated that they already made a Hybrid Theory and if u want it back, go listen to another band cuz they arent gonna do it again and i completely agree with him. Change is good and in Linkin Park's case, its amazing. They experiment and take risks very well...shit, they went punk on "Given Up" and succeeded! lol. When i first listened to it, i was like "woah wtf is this?!" and in a good way. Meteora was a sound change..there wasnt a bitch-fest for that one as far as i know. So just like the band, forget the haters, just keep makin much for the REAL fans to enjoy. They know that there are haters and they dont even care...im a 100% HUGE fan and im never changing that..i grow out of bands but i never grow out of Linkin Park..they are forever one of the greatest modern rock bands around with amazing talent. I never thought electronica would work for them till i heard New Divide and it works perfectly. My point is: I dont need another Hybrid Theory to love the band. A Thousand Suns will be in my hands on September 14th, i promise.

3. Hellions

Hellions Banned

I never realized it sounded like an organ until you said "Organ" and I went back to actually listen to it again but that was after I went "BAH FUCK YOU THERE'S NO ORGANS" and I felt like a dick. :(

4. Adam.

Adam. Well-Known Member

Not to encourage illegally downloading copyrighted content or anything, but something tells me most of us will have the album before then. That is unless Linkin Park has hired Apple to do security on this thing. Frankly, I paid $225 on LP's site the other day for the complete set, I'll have the album as soon as it's available.

5. ALivingGrudge

Hahaha, no harm done. Mistakes happen. God knows I'm guilty of this type of thing on multiple occasions.

6. maclieberman

well even if it could get leaked, im still buying it. They deserve every single bit of the support.

7. Adam.

Adam. Well-Known Member

Oh I've bought it. I actually own imported copies of Minutes to Midnight so I could rip "No Roads Left" into FLAC for full preservation. I pay out the ass for LP's music and they're the only band I'll do this for.

8. Spiderguy252

Spiderguy252 Awaiting LP in India

Wow! The sample is nice, especially the part after Chester *stops* singing. :)

9. Dark_Ganon

Dark_Ganon Well-Known Member

First time i heard it was shocked. What the fuck was that? Some techno hardcore shit? But after the shock slipped away i kinda like it.

10. spraypaintnink

spraypaintnink Banned

I love how everyone assumes why people didn't like MTM or The catalyst thus far. Yes, it's clearly because we can't stand change :rolleyes:

11. maclieberman

Cool...im like obsessed with them. Chester is like my idol and i wanna sing/scream just like him. I didnt even wait to buy Dead by Sunrise's album..May 15th, 2007, i woke up in the morning in time for Best Buy to open to buy Minutes to Midnight. Looks like September 14th will be the same way...i listen to them religiously. I know already the 34 seconds of The Catalyst produced haters..tons of them but i bet u when the full 5:42 comes out, they will feel like fools cuz it will rock..especially with how different the "Life me up, let me go" clip sounded compared to this new one..its gonna have 2 feels to it..a soft part and upbeat part. It will be epic for sure. I love this band and i will stop at NOTHING to buy this new album. The only thing i DONT have are Xero demos with the shitty vocals of Mark Wakefield and when they were called Hybrid Theory once Chester joined and saved the band..idk where to find them lol..im surprised ebay doesnt have any old stuff

12. sukoru

sukoru I'm with the Ninjas

dont know about the rest of you but i really wanna see Rick Rubin making some comments on the album in the "meeting of a thousand suns" as they had Don Gilmore do in making of meteora.
    the sample kicks ass btw.we re about to witness the album thats gonna make LP a classic band next to U2,REM etc.

13. ALivingGrudge

Rubin seems to be a very "behind the scenes" kinda guy...I wouldn't count on it.

14. Rosh

Rosh Well-Known Member

I feel if that's the case, people should also be constructive or at least elaborate if they like the clip as well, because that's unfair to the people who simply dislike the clip.

15. maclieberman

yea..we are about to witness Linkin Park's continued evolution and an album to die for despite the haters. These guys work very very hard for their fans and to create amazing new sounds..they got talented members...Mike can do just about everything there is to do lol..Chester's voice never fails, he can scream for more than 5 seconds and not mess up at it (see "Given Up" lmao) he can sing soft, high pitched, low pitched...they will become legends..im not just sayin all this just because i love the band, im being straight forward..they will become legends before the end of their careers.

16. ALivingGrudge

Exactly. Why does someone have to provide reasoning if they dislike something, yet don't have to provide reasoning when they like it?

I smell an inconsistency of principles, and no one likes that.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  17. spraypaintnink

spraypaintnink Banned

The optimistic point of view is telling me that singles generally are one of the worst tracks on the album. Maybe this is just their pop draw to sell records and the other tracks are better?

18. L₳ζ₳Я

L₳ζ₳Я The Evil Speculator

Not bad but not great. I know the whole thing will kick ass.

19. Hellions

Hellions Banned

There's the spraypaint we all know and.... eh... *cringe* love

Seriously though if you think this is something that's going to fly with radio you've got to be high. Have you been listening to the ridiculously random array of samples that sound like they could be from completely different songs that have been for Catalyst? Imagine it all in one song. There's no way this would catch the average "pop" listener's attention. I'm thinking you're just reaching into the grab bag of shit to talk about something you personally disapprove of musically.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  20. ALivingGrudge

How is it that the news post with the album cover got 500 comments very quickly, and the one with an actual segment of the song that we can analyze doesn't even have 400 yet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.