NEW LIMP

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by MaDd BoKo 03, Jul 17, 2003.

Logan

Logan Well-Known Member

Metallica are sellouts because they conformed their music to appeal to audiences today. That was the whole purpose of their black album, to appeal to audiences and get into the mainstream. If they didn't care about album sales and whatnot, they wouldn't have attacked Napster. However, they attacked Napster, thus they are selling out because they are only in it for the money. If they weren't, they would support Napster and other file-sharing programs like Linkin Park and limpbizkit do.

It has nothing to do with the fact they've been in the mainstream 12 years, it's the fact that they conformed their music to appeal, thus making them sellouts. [/b][/quote]
    downloading is killing bands soon there will be no money for bands to tour so i understand bands that don't suport downloading

and if you are/or wanto be in a band you would like it if a lot of people hear your music but #### this whole mainstream or sell out discusion
    this discusion is going nowhere..... we've all got a different opinion so...

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

P.O.D. has only been in the mainstream for about 3 years, though. Metallica has been in the mainstream for around 12. :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
    Try 20 years, Will.

First album from them was 1983.

I had to do research for that...not like we listen to them and would know that off the top of our heads, huh? :D

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Try 20 years, Will.

First album from them was 1983.

I had to do research for that...not like we listen to them and would know that off the top of our heads, huh? :D [/b][/quote]
    :mellow:

OH, Metallica.

I thought you meant P.O.D.

I was like, "Holy ####, Sonny's only like 27."

:lol:

Bryan

Bryan Guest

Aren't limpbizkit the ones who do free concerts too?

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

Yeah Metallica are sell-outs, but what the hell do you think LB did with their CDs! They didn't even need to change their style. They already play music that has been done 10 times over just to sell records. If you compare them to LP, at least LP have taken steps to make sure they have a unique sound!

MaDd BoKo 03

MaDd BoKo 03 Banned

OK! than! back to the new LIMP...in the Behind Blue Eyes song..at the end when it is al llike DISCOVER...is that robot voice saying..."L.I.M.P DISCOVER"....cuz it soudns liek it, but he says 5 letters...im confused

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

Yeup, that is correct.

MaDd BoKo 03

MaDd BoKo 03 Banned

it can't be tho...he says 5 letters..then discover

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

L-I-M-P-B?

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I got the tickets by e-mailing the yahoo screen name, anyway they emailed me back saying I have 2 tickets and to bring valid Id showing I'm 16. So I get there and 3 people tell me I have to be 18 but one guy in a USA shirt (if he's reading this thanks a lot for your help). So now I'm standing there with several people and none of us can get in except for two people who had i.d. and were above the age of 18. Alright, #### seems pretty grim and this gaylord european at the club tells us at 8:30 we should leave and there is no way we're getting in.

I have no where to go, so as I'm waiting outside around 8:50 out comes Fred. #### anyone that has ever said #### about him, because what he did for me/my friends was ####en ill. One of my friends waves him over and we tell him that they wont let us in because we aren't 18 even though the street team e-mail said you only had to be 16+.

So Fred demands they let us in and gets all my friends into the show!!!!!!! I can't thank him enough, if he somehow reads this it was the nicest #### any celebrity (movies/tv/music) has ever done.

Right as we walk in Bizkit hits the stage 2 minutes later and ####en plays a sick set. Stick em'(new song) mad ####en good.

I can't thank Fred and the people around him enough for the way they helped us out. Please if anyone who knows the group reads this, foward it to Fred and tell him I can't thank him enough for what he did.

-----------------------------------------------

STILL think he's a sellout?

Logan

Logan Well-Known Member

ok sometimes fred migt be an ####### but is is very nice of fred ^_^

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

Wow! Fred Durst is the man! See? He's too cool. :D

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I'm not exactly a huge fan of Limp Bizkit. I like songs like "Faith", "Re-arranged" and "Take a Look Around". Other songs like "Break Stuff", "Rollin'" and "My Generation" are littered with curse words, terrible lyrics and meaning and overall, they don't do anything for me. BUT, although I may only like a few LB songs, I respect them. I don't think they're sellouts because they support free music, they're close with their fans like LP and Cold, and they're overall nice guys. I think the red-hat has to go and LB needs to start to write some deep meaningfull songs instead of the "f*ck this, break sh*t, sex sex sex" songs.

Metallica on the other hand, are complete sellouts. They hate downloading, they keep making terrible music, they sue everyone. If they've done one thing new, it's bringing the new fad of drumming on garbage cans to the mainstream. St. Anger is a terrible song, Hetfield says "anger" 35+ times in the one song, talk about vocabulary. :rolleyes:. Metallica should just fade out and leave the scene while they have that last thread of fan support left from their old days where their music (although i hate it) was apparently godly to millions of people.

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

I don't know if I've said this before somewhere here, but here I go:

Don't look for meaningful lyrics with limpbizkit; they're not that kind of band.

They're more of a make-you-wanna-break-sh*t-and-start-a-fight band. :D

I just love how they're crazy, loud, and hard-rocking.

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

It`ll Be O.K
    Re-Arranged
    Boiler
    Hold On

are some good lyricial songs

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

Yeah, but I'm saying the majortiy of their lyrics are silly. ;)

Omar A

Omar A Beyond Science LPA Super Member

Who would ever want to listen to Limp Bisket and Metallica when Linkin Park exists.

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

It's called being open to other types of music, bands, and artists and not limiting yourself to Linkin Park. ;)