Nas response 2 50's piggy bank

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by .Kevin, Mar 9, 2005.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Exactly what I was going to say. Rap takes things to an extreme, and that's what I look down on with rap artists. Of course there are rock bands who do not get along and they get into fights, but that's where it stays. Aside from extreme metal bands, rock bands usually do not go beyond fighting whereas rap really pushes that envelope.

edit: Damn my slow typing. :lol:

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

I doubt anyone will get killed/hurt over this 50 Cent thing. ;)

ONLY if 50 Cent keep running his mouth, however. :lol:

This whole mess is eventunally going to fizzle and die out. [/b][/quote]
    Yah it will probably be a Nas and Jay-Z type of thing just a battle back and forth in their lyrics like it should be. The whole going out and shooting thing is pretty pathetic.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

yeah, the shootings. Thats just pathetic. The fights, eh, shit happens. But shooting other rappers for no real reason, thats just pathetic. The bastards could probably buy their way out of jail too [/b][/quote]
    You can trace their behavior (the language, the content of songs, the acts, etc etc) to how they grew up and where. Most of them grew up in shoddy places of New York and whatnot, and shootings are common place there.

But, again, metal is home to more violent and notorious acts of hatred towards members of the same genre than rap is.

EDIT: But I have to agree with Todd. I'm not for violence in rap or any genre for that matter. I'm fine with feuds and whatnot, as long as it stays inside the persons mind, or it's confinded to lyrics. I think the feuds between rappers make mainstream rap more interesting than it is. (see: Ja Rule/Eminem, Nas/Jay-Z, etc).

Yeah, so I'm all for feuds in rap, since I think they make the music more interesting, but I'm totally against it going to the streets and people being shot, regardless if I don't like them (Ja Rule).

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

You can trace their behavior (the language, the content of songs, the acts, etc etc) to how they grew up and where. Most of them grew up in shoddy places of New York and whatnot, and shootings are common place there.

But, again, metal is home to more violent and notorious acts of hatred towards members of the same genre than rap is. [/b][/quote]
    Exactly.

Ant

Ant Ambient

Stop being so fucking ignorant.

Ever since 2pac and Biggie died, this "beefing" shit became serious. ;) [/b][/quote]
    Tell me how I'm being "so fucking ignorant" and I'll respect you. Saying something to disagree with someone doesn't get you respect unless you can justify it. Thanks.

Paul

Tell me how I'm being "so fucking ignorant" and I'll respect you. Saying something to disagree with someone doesn't get you respect unless you can justify it. Thanks. [/b][/quote]
    You come into every topic about rap with your streotypical "yo" comments and always bash the genre. If you don't have anything to contribute to the topic, then dont post at all.

htep.fan

htep.fan Well-Known Member

Tell me how I'm being "so fucking ignorant" and I'll respect you. Saying something to disagree with someone doesn't get you respect unless you can justify it. Thanks. [/b][/quote]
    You just said that rap wars were funny, and he just told you you're an ignorant, because since Biggie and Pac died it has become dead serious. That's how you are being ignorant.

Ant

Ant Ambient

You come into every topic about rap with your streotypical "yo" comments and always bash the genre. If you don't have anything to contribute to the topic, then dont post at all. [/b][/quote]
    For your information, I've entered two rap topics with the "yo, yo" enterance. And, yet again for your information, it was because they were both silly topics. Two rappers childishly swinging words at one anoher? That doesn't deserve my respect.

The other was about The Game and how his "posse" was shooting people up for no reason at all. Yet again, this does not deserve my respect at all.

Now, can you note any other rap topics in which I have entered like that? You can't? That's what I thought, thanks.

Rather Red

Rather Red Well-Known Member

rappers emphasizing violence like 50 does is really bad for society, but i think nas' rap is pretty impressive.

Paul

For your information, I've entered two rap topics with the "yo, yo" enterance. And, yet again for your information, it was because they were both silly topics. Two rappers childishly swinging words at one anoher? That doesn't deserve my respect.

The other was about The Game and how his "posse" was shooting people up for no reason at all. Yet again, this does not deserve my respect at all.

Now, can you note any other rap topics in which I have entered like that? You can't? That's what I thought, thanks. [/b][/quote]
    You've entered in all the rap topics that have been made within the past months.

Not a lot of topics about rap are made, my friend.

RX8LP

RX8LP Well-Known Member

I dont see how this rap battle between 50 cent and nas/jada/fat joe is sad. And battle rap is not sad period. Someone needs to stop 50 because he is one of them guys that potrays bad images towards society.

If someone is calling you out and dissing you bad, you tellin me your just gonna stand there and say nothing?
    You gotta respond, not with fists, guns etc. An Mc like nas doesnt really need to respond to 50 cos 50 is just not worth it. But, im expecting responses from jadakiss and fat joe cos they have something to prove unlike nas. If they dont respond, they lose their credibility.

Battle rap is awesome, but what 50 is doing is just downright stupid.

Ant

Ant Ambient

You have nothing to back that up, unless those two topics were the only ones made within the past months. You also have yet to debate any of the points I made, so thanks for further proving that you don't know what you're talking about. Don't insult someone for the sake of insulting them -- thanks, bud.