MySpace NYC Live Video - Numb

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Sep 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

I just wanted to fucking hear In The End. Stop bitching about the way I worded it.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

We've been reporting the pro-shot NYC videos MySpace recorded since Waiting For The End, two days ago. Whether it's a new song or not, we're not going to be biased and just report the new songs. Just because you don't care about them, doesn't mean others don't. If you don't think it's news then just don't comment in the thread. Why go out your way to say you don't care? I don't get it. As a fan site, it's our priority to report anything people may find interesting. After we posted this, it was posted to Linkin Park's official Twitter & Facebook, like they have with all the videos.

I'm sorry but you don't really have any point, except to complain. Granted it's not the most important news ever, but on a slow news day, why complain?

Stormus08

Stormus08 Well-Known Member

Why not? They're new songs. Isn't that the point? New songs being played live for (one of) the first time is NEWS worthy - live songs that have been being played live by Linkin Park for seven years is not. If you fail to see the distinction between the two, then that's on you.

Additionally you said, if I don't think it's newsworthy I shouldn't comment on the thread? Why shouldn't I? I was not -trying- to be an asshole, but I had my opinion (not so much about the video, but the post itself). This site, and more specifically, this forum board is meant to act as a medium to post opinions. Is it not?

Lastly, I understand this is a great fan site (maybe the best), and it's a slow day. But simply because it's a slow day doesn't justify posting "News" articles that isn't REAL news - Quality over Quantity. It seems I have a point and if you fail to see it, then fine, but understand you're probably in the minority.

Regardless, it was a pretty decent performance - crowd is pretty lame.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
    Joe

This would have been posted slow day or not. MySpace is releasing four pro-shots from this concert and some people actually have an interest in how Linkin Park performed last week, old songs or not. Please don't tell me or this site what to post as news or what your opinion of "REAL" news is, if you don't care about the news, then don't post on it. Again, you're just "trying" to be an asshole like you said, and you're trying to justify your negativity towards the news posts as an opinion? It's just flat out rude and a asshole move. Fair enough talk about the content, but to completely ignore the content and instead just focus on the post is not an opinion and is not related to the video at all.

Please direct all site related enquiries to Feedback & Q&A if you feel we're doing something wrong. To completely slander the news and then post a half assed "Regardless, it was a pretty decent performance - crowd is pretty lame." sentence at the end of your post doesn't overwrite what you typed before it.

I'm sorry but you don't have a point, and if you fail to see that then I don't know what to tell you. I don't even know why I bother responding to you when you even admitted to "trying to be an asshole". I'm not in the minority either, everyone else has been constructive and commented about the actual video and what they like / don't like about it... old song or not.

Stormus08

For the record, I mistyped my follow-up post. I was NOT trying to be an asshole. Apologies for that, lol.

Joe

Fair enough, haha. Let's just leave it at that and agree to disagree and move on from this. :chuck:

Tweak

Tweak Well-Known Member

In 20 years time i can almost Garantee you that In the End will be the song played on classical radio stations. The only other song that might be played is Breaking the Habit.

I would rather the 4 song setlist to be:
    1) New Divide
    2) Waiting for the End
    3) Blackout (I know it was not performed but it sure as fuck should of been)
    4) Iridesent

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Oh come on you pessimists.

Being able to view them sing their older tracks is still a treat. We get to see how well they're still able to pull off their live performances.

The crowd is unfortunately a bunch of deadbeats as far as we can tell from these videos. However, I'm assuming that it stems from the fact that they're all too busy trying to remain still, and quiet enough to have a good video recording of their own.

LinkinParkForever275

LinkinParkForever275 Linkin Park is my religion!

sooo good :)))

cstebila

cstebila an emerging paradigm

Keep up the great news, love any pro-shot material. In fact I rather have an interest in seeing how they perform now a days, it seems its almost a new era for Linkin Park's live show, so old songs are actually more welcomed in my book.

Stormus08

agreed!

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Great performance for the song. Haha but I agree that the crowd was pretty lame. They're probably just thinking "What's this song? It's not on ATS..."

Metaphorica

Metaphorica Banned

[​IMG]

hybrid1988

hybrid1988 Fever Daydream

THIS.

Glad I'm not the only one that feels this way about this song. Albeit there are a couple more songs that should be changed up but this song is definitely the front-runner.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

I'm glad you guys posted this, I find it interesting to see that the band is better live now than ever.

hybridsoldier1989

hybridsoldier1989 strange things are afoot at the circle k

In The End will be known as a classic song. It shot Linkin Park into the stratosphere as far as popular songs go. When people think of Linkin Park, they think of In The Ed. Numb, on the other hand is boring and quite simply, a shitty song that introduced LP to the casual, soccer mom, mini van driving fans. Sorry. I really hope Numb gets cut from the live show, there's so many better live tracks to drag back into their repertoire. I.E. Runaway, With You (if Chester can even pull this off anymore), By Myself, APFMH, Forgotten, PMA (album style), hell,, even ETR is better than Numb.

Edit: to those saying the crowd sucks: you can't get pumped up from Numb. It's almost impossible. And maybe a lot of hardcore LP fans who realize LP was playing the most bland song of their career and were just waiting for the next song haha.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
    sky0fdust

sky0fdust Well-Known Member

this song will always be awesome

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

You forgot to add "in the studio" to that sentence. I enjoy the more powerful album version, but Numb loses all of that power live.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Just thought I'd mention, I'm fairly sure "Numb" wound up being a more successful single than "In The End" after it was released as such. :"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.