Most Underrated Linkin Park Song

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by YuRePaKUrI, Apr 29, 2004.

YuRePaKUrI

YuRePaKUrI New Member

When I first sat down and listened to the whole album (Meteora), I liked the album right away, but the song "Easier to Run" for me was the one that stuck out the most. I thought for sure this was gonna be the next single. LOL, not only was it not the next single, but its rarely played in concert. To me its by far the most underrated song and its still my favourite song on the album, lyrically and musically. I think its a really good universal anthem about how easy it is to just run away from your problems instead of facing them head on. Its easier to ignore your problems.

Anyways, just checking to see if anybody else felt that way, and if not, what do you guys think is the most underrated song?

Jared

emmmers

emmmers Super Member LPA Super Member

I'll have to say A Place for My Head. I mean, the instrumentals in that song are almost flawless, and the lyrics are pretty amazing as well. As for Easier to Run, it probably doesnt appeal to the masses because it sounds identical to Breaking the Habit, which overshadows it.

Anyways, nice topic and lemme be the first to welcome you aboard. :)

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Easier To Run is a great song, and i suppose it is neglected live. A Place For My Head is great too, but i dont think its underrated, that song is like an anthem live, what with everyone singing along and with LP usually playing it in the encore.

I feel Pushing Me Away is underrated, its very rare they play it live. Although P5hng Me A*wy is played alot live it would be good to hear the original played sometimes.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Without a doubt I'd have to say it's My<Dsmbr. I hear every last person on these forums saying that Kelli Ali has an annoying voice and that My<Dsmbr is easily the worst remix out of any of the reanimated songs in Reanimation and I just cannot see how everyone could think such a thing.

Musically I find it to be the most beautiful thing instrumental wise that LP has ever released (even more beautiful sounding then Breaking The Habit) and whenever I listen to it I get really relaxing vibes from the song because of the soft instrumental played in the backround of the whole song.

I suppose a lot of people hate the song because it totally murdered the feeling and meaning of the original song, as the remix is definetely very happy and dancey, as opposed to the original which is slow with a feeling of depression.

However; was that not the purpose of Reanimation? Was it not the purpose to reanimate the songs and bring on a new meaning? That's why I have no problem with My<Dsmbr and think it deserves a lot more respect then it gets in the world of Linkin Park.

Leones

Leones Super Member LPA Super Member

Derek, you said that pretty nice. I agree with you. Actually I like it more on Reanimation, maybe because I heard it for the first time on Reanimation and just later the original version. I don't think it sounds more dancy on it, I find it a really sad song on Reanimation..........it's defenitly one of my favorite songs on Reanimation.

I also think A place for my head is underrated, it's a really great song.

BTW. this is a nice topic, welcome on the LPA!

Crawler

Crawler Well-Known Member

Ya, that´s right and I´m one of those people. I don´t hate the Remix and I don´t hate Kelli Ali´s voice but the original should never been remixed. It´s a very very very special song and whatever you change on this piece of ingenuity it´s always getting less great than the original. There are simple too many sounds in this Remix. The only thing I thought what would be a good idea is to change only the text. It´s not the worst remix...that´s H! Vltg3.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

first off - nice idea for a topic

i think APFMH is such a good track - i think it would of been a better sinlgle than 'Points.' (even though Points is one of the greatest LP tracks of all time) Runaway and Pushing Me Away both come under this category as well IMO

i also find MY<DSMBR a cool song to listen too. i love the vocals - there different ^_^

iam not such a huge fan of Easier To Run, i like the song and it would probably do well in the charts. Its very similar to the other songs LP have released of Meteora. so maybe thats why LP have decided not to release it :mellow:

Mr. Benzedrine

Mr. Benzedrine Rock the 40 Oz

Pushing Me Away definetly i listened to that song a couple of nights ago and i forgot how beautiful and powerful that song was.

And i also think the Reanimation version of PMA is amazing, the best track on that album in my opinion. ^_^

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

i agree.

I'm trying to see how a song can be underrated. Tracks like Runaway and A Place For My Head i dont think are underrated, they play these tracks at every show, and always get a great response, only because LP didnt release them as singles doesnt make them underrated. Tracks like Pushing Me Away, Forgotten, Hit The Floor are all underrated tracks, mainly because they are rarely played live.

Omar A

Omar A Beyond Science LPA Super Member

Yes I agree with everything you said. I was so sure that Easier to Run is going to be the second single or even the third.

Toast

Toast Ambient

dont stay maybe

lpfan1212

lpfan1212 Well-Known Member

I think that Forgotten is one of the most underrated, but i prefer the demo they produced for it

Crawler

Crawler Well-Known Member

Yes I agree with everything you said. I was so sure that Easier to Run is going to be the second single or even the third. [/b][/quote]
    Me too. :)

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

A Place For My Head
    Pushing Me Away
    Forgotten

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

Forgotten

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

A Place for my Head and With You

And just because i feel like it,

Overrated: Numb and In The End

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

Definately A Place for My Head. One of the best LP songs.

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

I don't think any song they play live a lot can be called underrated. Same with singles.

I say.... Forgotten, Pushing Me Away, Easier To Run. I've heard ETR once live before Meteora came out.

emmmers

emmmers Super Member LPA Super Member

I base it on the fact that they dont play it on radio, and few non-LP hardcore fans have heard of it.

savetomorrow

savetomorrow Well-Known Member

In my opinion all Linkin Park non-single songs are underrated. All of Linkin Park's songs are great and they all have catchy lyrics and great melodies. The only way LP songs are labeled "overrated", like "In The End", "Numb", and other singles, is because they are overplayed on the pop radio and all the teeny boopers scream "Oh my God! It is Linkin Park's new song "Numb"! This is the best song ever!!!... Oh... wait.. Oh my God! Britney Spear's new song! Linkin Park is so old!"