Mobile Phones

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Nikki, Dec 7, 2003.

Nikki

Nikki I have no idea what is going on LPA Super Member

Random topic here...ok so I stole it from Lex, but yeah I think we need a decent conversation =P

So yeah...Who has a Mobile/Cell phone? What sort do you have? Do you even like them? Is there any point?

I have a bizarre Trium phone - which is nothing like any other mobile phone I've seen. I think they're alright if you get into a spot of trouble etc...but if you try phoning someone without any credit...well it sort of ruins the point. The only things I hate about mobile users, are either when people just sit there and listen to ringtones over and over again...or those people that try to act like Dom Joly by perfoming the following act:

HELLO!? YEAH! I'M ON THE BUS....YOU WHAT!? YEAH! THE BUS! etc...

But yeah besides that I guess I'm ok with them.

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

i dont have a phone right now, i sat on the screen and it broke :lol:, ive only got a sim card, the only thing i hate is people playing with there ringtones, cant you change the damn thing at home?

there was once this girl at school who brought a fake phone to school to try and look cool, it was one of those phones where, no matter what button you pushed, it played ba-ba blacksheep or something, and she used to pretend to speak to her dad about going to parties and stuff :lol:

so who wants my number :whistle:

Debus

Debus Morbid Fascination LPA Addict

Yeah i have a good old moby. I have a Nokia 7210i. I got it 100% free off the o2 website when i bought it on contract. £25 a month including insurance aint too bad for my deal. I get loads of free minutes and loads of free WAP minutes as well. I get 500 free texts a month as well ^_^ . I got a colour screen and polyphonics but no camera :angry: (my mum and my dad have camera phones :wth: how embarrasing :blush: ) Anyone wanting my number only has to ask :D

Leslie

Leslie huh? LPA Super Member

I bet TONS of people would like your number! ^_^

I have a nokia 3390 (or someting like that...) nothing too fancy, no camera or color or anything. just calls and text messages... since the contract is almost up, my mom is thinking about getting one of those 2-way ones. i guess that would be funny... i could bother my mom while she is at work (hopefully she won't do that to me when i am in class though! :lol: )

LornVourkolakas

LornVourkolakas About To Blow Chunks

Mine is a Nokia and I use Metro PCS. I barely even use it. I just have it to call my mom to pick me up from school. (Which I barely do, since she always waiting anyways) Its kind of useless. But it has been through hell and still work. (I keep smashing it against the floor. I even through it from 2 stories) I'm gonna make my phone sexy and write on it. :p

If anyone lives near miami or that sort, I'd give you my number. (I have no long distance)

kill_me_quick

kill_me_quick Well-Known Member

ive got a nokia 3410, like a 3310 but with more buttons. not colour no camera or poly tones, jus good old fashioned plastic. its also been thru hell. getting smashed up while biking and also jus generally throwing it around. but it failed on the beer test, when beer got split on it. so it doesnt work very well now :(

Missy

Missy Well-Known Member

I don't have a cell phone but I figure everyone else does so I can just ask whoever happens to be there if I need to make a call. ^_^

PauletteEMLPGC

PauletteEMLPGC Super Member LPA Super Member

I have a Nokia with some numbers that I don't know. It has a colored screen on it and the numbers are all funky. I actually love having it because no more pay phones and whenever you are stuck anywhere it is useful. I can also record up to 3 minutes of audio on it. So I bring it to concerts and record parts of songs to listen to later. I have polyphonic ringtones but I am too poor to actually buy any. I just have text messaging and I think 400 minutes a month. The bill is under $25 a month so I can't complain.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Exactly. All my friends have cell phones so what's the sense of having one of my own when I can just borrow theirs? And if no one's around, there's always payphones.

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

I own a Nokia phone...I don't like it much, but it serves it's purpose...It keeps me from getting stranded places :D

morningafter

morningafter Well-Known Member

I have a Nokia 3120... I think.. It's pretty basic and plain but it has all the functions a phone should have so I'm okay with it.

Alex

Alex Ambient

This is mine... i hate it.. thank god i'll be able to upgrade in a month!!

[​IMG]

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

I have got a nokia 3350. It's alright. I'm getting a new one sometime next year when my plan runs out. I use my phone a lot only because I get free calls after 9 at night until 5 in the morning and free text messages between 12pm and 2pm.

Phantom Duck

Phantom Duck You are my detonator. LPA Super Member

I have a Sony Ericsson T310.

Hana

Hana i are scientists LPA Super Member

I have: Nokia 8310
    I dream of: Nokia 3300

Jamie

Jamie Super Member LPA Super Member

I have a Samsung A300, tis ok, broke the skreen and it cost £30 to get fixed

Steph

Steph Ambient

Samantha

Samantha Super Member LPA Super Member

I have a Nokia 3510i...colored screen, polyphonic ringtones (poly Faint is pretty nice ^_^ ), MMS..and my bills a month are horrible :)

Ppr:Kut

Ppr:Kut Y2K

I've got a nokia 5510... but I'll buy a nokia 3300 next year....

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

i have the biggest cell phone ever ^_^

Motorola something :wth: