Minutes to Midnight Singles

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by goldendomer, Jul 13, 2007.

themudd

themudd Member

Do you really think that they are going to release 5 Singles? That would be awesome, but i can't imagine.

I think the next single will be No More Sorrow or Given Up..

I have a perfect idea for the No More Sorrow video :X they should perform the song in a collapsing clockwork on a big slowrotating gear wheel.. the drums fits perfect to the moving gears in the clockwork. *dream*

But I'm sure it will be a political video again :(

Xenogenesis

Xenogenesis Well-Known Member

There's always a possibility that there will be six singles if the band plans to tour for 2 years; though then again we have to remember that Dead By Sunrise will be around soon and that would need touring as well.

lparks41

lparks41 Well-Known Member

I really hope there is at least one more video/single, especially since the last two videos have been shear crap and political roughage that almost turned me away from the band completely, but I'm beginning to doubt that at this point.

Will there even be another single off Minutes To Midnight? Shadow of the Day still seems to be slowly creeping it's way to it's peak on the modern rock charts, so if there is another single it will be a while.

If the next single is Valentines Day or Hands Held High and includes the band promoting Hershey's chocolate and Barack Obama's political campaign, while lip-syncing the amens in white N-sync-outfits, I will be so disappointed though.

Please make the next video not suck Lp!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2008
    Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I'd say... release one more single, release a video for it, and then onto Dead By Sunrise material by summer of 08'.

Hmm, with all the activity they have going on for them, I suspect an album release by early 2011 (at the earlierst..lol)

lpboarder

lpboarder Well-Known Member

Just not In Between.....not that its bad, it just isnt a strong single.

Rosh

Rosh Well-Known Member

^ I think it's pretty safe to say that we won't be seeing In Between as a single.

So In Pieces! Get it done, WB!

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

that seems like a pretty good option. :)

lpboarder

I agree, I love that song. Especially live. :D

Xenogenesis

Does anyone here think that In Pieces is actually overrated? I mean I love the song and it really deserves to get this much recognition, but I kind of really wanted the ending to be extended, it only felt like a few seconds before the song ended.

Plus would it indeed attract enough airplay? I was thinking that it might not attract much or be overplayed to death... Like Breaking The Habit.

Rosh

Rosh Well-Known Member

I'm actually surprised BTH didn't do better, it was a great song.

As for IP, I do think the ending was fine, maybe a bit short, but nothing to complain about. I do think they could've expanded on the solo though, which would have made me very happy. I still look forward to it in a live concert, though.

biscuitmix

biscuitmix Active Member

Personally, I'd love for any of these 3 songs to be the next single:

Given Up
    No More Sorrow
    Leave Out All The Rest

I think that GU or NMS would do well because they sound like the "old" LP, but LOATR would just be a cool single (it's my ringtone!).

Xenogenesis

The solo was roughly about 20 seconds long; that seems quite a lot to me. :lol: If it gotten any longer Brad would probably need to cramp in a few new notes to play to make it even more interesting.

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

In Between FTW. I think i might be the only one who thinks it's in the 2 or 3 best songs of the album.

lpboarder

You'd be right. :p

goldendomer

goldendomer Member

Now since Given Up is a confirmed single, I just hope their last single will be Leave Out All The Rest. It will be such a big hit if they release it.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

and an overexposed, annoying one at that.

'cause that's what happened to "numb" and "breaking the habit". :)

Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

But guys, LP's not just for us, we gotta share with the world. :p

It'll be good if it gets popular as Numb because that song is what made LP popular again. Besides, WB needs singles that'll make more money, and LOATR is a bank in that regard. It might even help out in the motivation for the next album because y'know what they say: when money walks, people talk (or sing in this case.):]

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Is is the list of the single that should have been released.

First single that should have been released

In between - Because we have to give mike some credit for this, it's the first time he sings lead vocals on a song. It tells all the nu-metal fanatics that "Hey I'm not just a rapper, I can also sing!" plus it sets the mood for the album, most of the songs were slow ballads, when people hear this they'll get to know that it's to be expected on the album.

Bleed it out - Give hope to all the old fans of Linkin Park

In Pieces - Because it's just a kick ass song

What I've done - You've heard enough of the new linkin park, this song lets you know that you need to stop being drag about it and to move on

Valentines Day - It's IMO better than SOTD, and it has a better ending.

Leave out all the rest - We've done things we're not proud of, remember the good things.

Criminal

Criminal New Member

:rolleyes:
    If I had to choose 4 singles to release this is what i would put...

Leave it All the Rest
    No More Sorrow
    Valantines Day
    The Little Things give you Away

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

What I've Done - Perfect choice for the first single. It propelled them right up the charts instantly.

Bleed It Out - They released this single way too late. The song was already being played on radio stations a lot already. Thus, Given Up would have been the perfect replacement, and it would've attracted those who were turned off by the constant rants about how Minutes to Midnight was nothing but a soft and boring album.

Shadow Of The Day - Personally, I didn't think that this song was that great, and it lost it's sense of originality to me once I found out that it resembled an old song of U2's (If I remember correctly) This song deviated away from Linkin Park's 'sound', and I felt that it's the type of song, by Linkin Park standards, where you either Love it, or just..toss it aside. Thus, Leave Out All The Rest should have been released instead. Leave Out All The Rest is familiar enough to Linkin Park's previous works, and different enough to attract listeners. Plus, it would have been released during the winter season, so it would have worked out perfectly as well. Would have fit the mood (not that Shadow Of The Day didn't)

Given Up - Seeing as how the singles have been selected thus far, it's pretty reasonable for the band to be releasing Given Up right now. So, I don't really have any problems with this selection.

So in a nutshell, the singles should have been churned out in this order: What I've Done, Given Up, Leave Out All The Rest, and then closing it off with No More Sorrow, or In Pieces.