'Minutes to Midnight' & New Single Confirmed!

Discussion in 'News' started by Omar, Mar 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glue

Glue Well-Known Member

2nd of April
    few more weeks to go... Really can't wait for it

2. EdGreene

EdGreene Well-Known Member

I now have countdowns galore on my laptop. Oh the seconds they go by so slow they do.

No time to obsess over the track listing...PWEASE LP? YOU"VE BEEN SO FORF COMING PWEASE?:blush:

3. LPLifeFan

LPLifeFan Well-Known Member

I'm not listening to the radio starting April 2 until I listen to the whole album; I'll just listen to my iPod instead.

4. Canadian Joe

Canadian Joe Bacon strips LPA Super VIP

Fuckin' right. 'Bout time...now starts the anxious waiting.

5. 2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

I have a question about the "single"

since iTunes has really taken off since the Meteora era, do you think it will be released on the same day on iTunes now that Linkin Park is on there?

also, when they say the single will be released on that day, does that mean just the song will be sent to radio stations, etc. or will the actual physical CD single be available for purchase?

ALSO, I read on that billboard.com article that they shot the video for the song already or are atleast working on it, will we get that the same day or soon after, you think?

sorry for so many questions in one post, but I am so f'n excited now!

6. pALaDIN_LP

pALaDIN_LP Member

A really strange name, something you wouldn't expect from Linkin Park. That's what makes it so great. I can't wait for it to come out:D

7. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

aah now it's me, popcorn and LPTV :D

8. Jacen

Jacen Well-Known Member

This is the greatest piece of news since the moon landing....:lol:
    But seriously a track thats over 6 minutes...thats insane!....by LP though. they never produced a track that long!!!. Can't seriously wait...!!!!!!!! *Goin Crazy*

9. Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

No, 6 minutes, and a freakin' guitar solo!!!!111!!!11!!!1 L0LZ0RS!!!!11!
    :cloud:

10. P.D.

P.D. Well-Known Member

I read this on WIki. Some new news mixed with some old news :p

On March 6, a countdown of 100,000 minutes began on Linkin Park's official website. If 100,000 is divided by 60 and then further divided by 24, this gives the date on which the album will be released that is May 15th, 2007. And for further accuracy the Linkin Park Underground confirmed that Linkin Park's long awaited third release, titled Minutes to Midnight, will be released Tuesday, May 15th in the United States, and Monday May 14th in all other countries.
    The first single is to be released April 2nd, and is titled "What I've Done."
    "We have put more into the new album than anything we have ever done before," says bassist Dave "Phoenix" Farrell. The band spent over 14 months in the studio and wrote more than 100 song demos in the making of Minutes to Midnight, an album which vocalist Mike Shinoda sees as, "a breakthrough in the development of the band's sound."[5]
    "This was a year-and-a-half long process of really hard work and experimentation in the studio that yielded about 150 rough songs," guitarist Brad Delson told Billboard.com. The band recorded 17 tracks and is now whittling down which ones will make the final cut. "Not only is this album incredibly diverse, but the depth of the material is really strong,” Delson says.[6]
    The title is a reference to the Doomsday Clock[7], and lead singer Chester Bennington said that the band is writing about "things they wouldn't have touched a few years back."
    Mike Shinoda explained that Minutes to Midnight is composed of sounds made by a practically Arcade Fire-esque array of instruments including banjos, marimbas and vintage guitars and amps. “People have always tried to lump us in with the whole rap/rock stereotype, but we don’t intentionally want to be part of that scene. We’ve always had our own personality and I think it really shows on this record.” Shinoda tells us the title of the album has two meanings: “It’s definitely a reference to the doomsday clock…the Apocalypse…a metaphor for death and rebirth, but it could also be applied to the music industry, sort of tongue-in-cheek.” While there are no special artists featured on the album, Shinoda shares a co-producing credit with the Grammy award-winning producer Rick Rubin, “I was raised on his music and to now be working with him, to be mentored by him, is such a huge thing.”

11. JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

i love how people have MTM sigs and avas already! wooo i love all this excitement

12. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I think since April 2nd is a Monday, that's probably the day What I've Done gets added to radio stations (most stations update their playlists at the start of each week). The CD single will probably be available that same day, and the video will probably come out a week or so later.

The song itself will probably leak out before April 2nd, as there's always a couple radio stations that will play a new song before it's official add date (like how KROQ premiered SIB before other stations played it).

And hmm, this begs the question, what will the b-side(s) to the CD single be? They often do 2-CD sets for singles too, so keep that in mind. I think we might see some more live tracks from Summer Sonic that haven't been previously released on the LPU 6.0 CD (I think Numb, Faint, and From the Inside were all aired on TV).

13. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

hell yeah...^_^

14. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I'm pretty sure LP puts the actual video on the single, too. So we should hear the single and see the video before April 2nd, if the CD single comes out on the 2nd.

15. Hahninator

Hahninator Well-Known Member

I actually agree. We'll hear the song probably the weekend before...so maybe March 28, 29 or 30th. I hope they include a demo on the single as a b-side. They've never done it before except for High Voltage, but I think now would be a nice time to do that :p Then we'd get 2 songs ^___^

01. What I've Done
    02. demo song
    03. Summer Sonic live song (Papercut maybe)

16. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Actually, I want nothing about the old album having anything to do with this new album at all.

Making sense out of that sentence: Much like Rick's belief..there should be nothing that sounds like it could be on the first two CDs on this disc. Which also means, please..for the love of god..no OLD lp songs on the single. Let's all have newer stuff or even an alternate live performance of Qwerty.

17. JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

that makes more sense.

18. El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I don't even want Qwerty on the single. It's was kind of a transition song, the old sound combined with the new.
    And if the new album has nothing to do with the previous two musically, then fuck Qwerty and put some songs that didn't make it on the new record.

19. Cuidado314

Cuidado314 Well-Known Member

I agree. If they do narrow it down to about 15 or so tracks, release the cut songs on the single discs. I mean, 4 years in the making, and 17 or 18 songs isn't much to ask. Right?

20. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Well, they have 17 finished songs, right? They've indicated they're possibly cutting a couple more in these articles, so it'd be cool if they do cut any songs, to release them as b-sides...they already made that mistake with Meteora, haha.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.