'Minutes To Midnight' Leaks

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, May 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. musicphreke

musicphreke Living Thing

I think any lyrics that are online aren't confirmed by any means. I've noticed some lyrics on different websites that are completely inaccurate or a few words here and there that just don't fit. I only believe the lyrics in the cover pamphlet thing, or in this case, the book. :) Can't wait to get my hands on that for sure.

2. Detri

Detri Well-Known Member

I love you too, Derek. :)

3. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

ZOMG dont listen to the songs, you killed the surprise for yourselves zomg@@!!!!!!!!11shift!!!!!!!! I go buy it in 8 days like moi momma says.

Bittorrent is dead to me or at least on notice, i must never use it.

4. GigaScythe

GigaScythe Well-Known Member

Uahahah, I've still not listened to the leak.

Waiting for it in-stores, biatches.

5. Bryan

Bryan Well-Known Member

Dude..How can you say that? Spider-man 3 kicked ass! :p

6. the dark slayer20

the dark slayer20 Member

i cant wait till the album comes. so i will wait. i cant wait. my cousin already got the album. hes such a no listener

7. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

roflcopter lawl. looks like we actually wait for santa to come.

8. Casper15

Casper15 Member

Hey Derek and Detri

I really like shadow of the day too ! ;) And Valentine's Day, they're 2 of my favourite songs on the new album. I can't really pick favourites however, its even more difficult than on HT and Meteora because I basically like every song as much as the other. Yes, I am too guilty of listening to the leak ;)

9. oneandonlyproductions

oneandonlyproductions Member

I hate to drop the bomb here, but if any of you old school LP fans are going into this album expecting something like its predecessors, you've all got another thing coming, let me tell you. This album is LP's tour de' force, a complete, and utter experimentation.

I'm not going to assess all the tracks, however, I will say overaell, some seem really out of place. The bands gotten somewhat political as well, but I guess that all comes with that inevitable thing called "maturity". Their lyrics and sound coincide with their experience over the past few years.

When you really dissect the album you find that it's definitely an experiment gone right. I can honestly say the band has kept with the times and kept some of their tracks a little "emo", i.e, Valentine's Day, In Pieces, and The Little Things (btw, very U2'sh) making them so good at what they do, surviving these new waves of musical attacks. If they don't adapt or should I say "appeal" to a younger age group, they will lose their mass appeal. Hey, let's face it, the old school LP fans, like myself, no longer attend as many concerts like before, we've all grown up. It's time to captivate a younger age group, while still pleasing their original fan base. This my friends is no easy task.

Chester's vocals overall are executed more profoundly on this album. Mike singing is an overall plus; I never knew the guy had it in him to sound that nice. Bleed it out, is there play it safe vintage LP track, safely thrown into the batch. Overall the album gets a 7 1/2 out of 10.

10. fonduelover

fonduelover Member

Listening to HT and M again, they sound so emotional in their songs, in MTM I find that Chester and Mike both lack any emotion, like they are a bit bored of these ballads and gentle rock songs and want to energy of the older songs back...Given Up though has Chester all emotional and [personally] sounds like he enjoyed singing it more. The new album sounds so lifeless...like all the emotion has been drained out and replaced by blandness. Just my two cents

11. LP Tekkie

LP Tekkie Well-Known Member

I think the album is growing on me. Just tonight, I threw darts and drank with my brothers to this album. It's a chill album, with a few old styled LP tracks on it...Given Up, Bleed It Out, What I've Done, and No More Sorrow. Hopefully the two bonus tracks will be hard. Still, the album is amazing and it's really starting to sound good to me.

12. Beca

Beca Plug in baby.

Noooooooooo! My brother downloaded it now its on my itunes! I was gonna wait till next week >.< I need to contain myself...

13. Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

I'm so glad I didn't download it. I got it today and its amazing, just sitting in a room with the stereo up, by yourself, perfect way to preview the album.

:cloud:

14. DarkEmporessKt

DarkEmporessKt Member

im guilty of not waiting for it to come out, but im going to buy the album as soon as it comes out here :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.