'Minutes To Midnight' Leaks

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, May 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

*bangs head into wall*

My God, it will NEVER END.

2. Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

Apparently, having an opinion on the internet does not exist.

Last edited: May 7, 2007
  3. Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Welcome to the internet, Andrea.

4. musicphreke

musicphreke Living Thing

"Emo" used to be fun to make fun of, but now it's just annoying. "Emo" this and "emo" that... The word should be fucking banned. So stupid.

5. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Detri, I love you..in a completely heterosexual way :lol:.

You are one of the few who share my enthusiasm for Shadow of The Day, which I believe to be one of LP's most mature songs to date lyrically and musically.

6. Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

emo.jpg

7. kev_

kev_ Well-Known Member

After listening to Given Up a few more times, I actually like that the last chorus is different. It sounds like he tried to record the bridge and final chorus at the same time. It gives the track a more raw feel. I really do like this album though. I understand some people are dissapointed because it is way different. They did try to warn us though in their many interviews pre-album, you have to give LP the benefit of the doubt there. This wasn't the direction I expected but I do like it.

I like how some of the lyrics are more political but in a discreet way. They can be interpreted differently by a lot of different listeners.

I'll give my top 3 and bottom 3.

1 - In Pieces
    2 - Hands Held High
    3 - Bleed it Out (it's catchy what can I say, my only problem is that the chorus doesn't fit with the verses)

bottom

3 - Shadow of the Day
    2 - Valnetine's Day
    1 - In Between (good lyrics but the song needed to pick up at some point)

Either way, not a bad effort LP.

8. JNudda

JNudda Guest

I was thinking that about Leave Out All The Rest, but yeah, SOTD is one of those songs aswell.

9. My Violent Heart

My Violent Heart Transmissions echoing away.

I absolutely loved Shadow of the Day. It really reminded me of U2's Sometimes You Gotta Make It On Your Own, and it's amazing.

And I don't understand why people are hitting so hard on The Little Things Give You Away. That's likely my favorite song on the album.

Look, if you're going to bash this album on the internet, at least listen to it more than twice. Listening to something once wont get you into it. I hated Coldplay the first time i listened to them, and now they're one of my favorite bands out there.

I'm not saying that debating about this album is stupid, but it will get that way if you decide to make a judgment of something so quickly.

10. blank_space

blank_space Member

I live about 30 min from New Orleans. I know what happened with Katrina. I'm saying they put little lyric content and drug it out with those drums for awhile and then that solo comes in. I don't know....I guess I was expecting a lot more when they hyped it up.

ALSO I listened to it about 3-4 times now from beginning to end non stop with a pair of Shure E2c's noise canceling in-ear earphones and A Creative Zen Sleek. I think thats enough for an honest review.

11. arbaks

arbaks Well-Known Member

WOW you're sooooooo "cool" you completely own me

you're greater than Chuck Norris...

i mean you even got a monkey in your avatar...

Last edited: May 7, 2007
  12. My Violent Heart

My Violent Heart Transmissions echoing away.

...Once again, what did I say about trying to own a supermember? :ermm:

And don't go out of topic.
    You can at least write something in relation to it if you're still going to write that stuff down.

13. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

OHHHH SNAPZ!!1!11!!!1!

14. EagleMorph

EagleMorph Well-Known Member

True story...driving around with my roommate, getting Chinese food.

Had Minutes to Midnight in my CD player. My roommate hates most modern rock, stays with the jazz/classical piano stuff.

He was humming "Shadow of the Day" before it was even over.

"Shadow of the Day" will be the next big thing for Linkin Park.

15. erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

Right now, my favorite is Leave Out All The Rest.... I think that would be best for next single. Linkin Park really need another In The End so they better think wise on that decision. I hope they put song descriptions in the booklet. On Bleed It Out it seems like Mike's talking about his place as a rapper and pointing out his flaws. But I feel like like the most personal song on the album and not so much me but coming from the band is Chester on Valentine's Day.

The problem for Linkin Park goes back to the hybrid. If they're a mixture of things and not over one certain thing they are "posers." Then again Mike did go from wearing a baseball cap hip hopper to U2 seemingly overnight. But f it, they're trying to find themselves still (and probably will their whole lives) since they have been a celebrity since early 20's they will never lead lives from here on out that we could relate to unlike HT. hurts but it is the truth coming from a band that spoke so much for so many people.

my stamp of approval is on m2m.

16. Rube Ranter

Rube Ranter Active Member

So I listened the whole CD twice today on my drive back up to school, about a 2 hour drive.

I love this album. I really do. There isn't a song I don't like. My top songs would easily be Valentines Day, TLTGYA, and Shadow of the Day. The only song I'm not really thrilled about is In Between, but I foud myself guilty of singing along with the song, so there you go. I don't want to skip any song on this CD...infact, Mike is right. The order of the CD DOES seem to flow if you listen to it fron beginning to end. I did it twice and I think the change of pace, the style of music, it adds something and really varies the album up. Perfect flow isn't good, and there's something about the apparent randomness to the arrangement that just really works.

I thought I would miss the old LP, I really did. But I don't. I'm glad they changed. How happy would we all honestly be with a third nu-metal album? The same songs over and over again. I would probably like it a lot, but the fact of the matter is, times change. People change. And bands change.

I thought the new LP resembled the old LP a little bit, but they honestly don't. It would be tough to recognize them if I would have heard any of the songs on this record, except for What I've Done. That's built as a transition song I think. However, their sound has so much more meaning. I used Linkin Park as something to motivate me before a big game, but now, I use LP to brighten my day a little bit. Help bring me back to earth, relax. I never used to do that, and I really like it.

One thing I am disappointed about though and will call LP out on...is they built this new sound, but why aren't they promoting it? I gurantee you, the next 3 singles are No More Sorrow, Bleed It Out, and Given Up, maybe not in that order. Every performance and every radio piece is playing those songs. Why aren't they displaying their softer side in the media? What's the point of changing your sound only to release songs that represent pretty closely everything you used to write and perform? I would like to see the next single as Shadow of the Day or Valentines Day, even In Pieces. You go through all this work to change your sound only to not even promote it. I understand why I guess, but are they worried about people accepting their music? Then why promote only the heaviest songs on your album?

Give the album a chance. The minute I heard the previews, I was disappointed. After my first listen to the album, I was disappointed. But after 5-6 and even 7 listens, this is by far my favorite album I own. It's powerful, it's meaningful, it's diverse. What else do you ask for in an album. If you don't like the new LP, that's really too bad. Unfortunately for those, their new album is here to stay, along with their sound. And honestly, depending on the sucess of this album, I wouldn't put a double album past these guys in the next effort. They have maybe 100 songs floating around, take a year to make a new album, a double album in 2-3 years isn't out of the question. They have so much material to work with, I think it could be a real possibility.

For those who don't like it, listen to it, give it a fighting chance. The music grows on your very quickly. I'm humming songs all day long right now, even while I'm at practice I was humming TLTGYA today. This album is incredible and I hope everyone takes the time to accept it for what it is, an awesome 3rd effort from maturing band. I'm really excited for the next album already.

17. Rube Ranter

Rube Ranter Active Member

Dude, I've been doing that all weekend, literally. This album is amazingly catchy, in a great way.

18. Rather Red

Rather Red Well-Known Member

i think if they're going to advertise the poppier songs, it'll be "leave out all the rest".

19. panza

panza Well-Known Member

Now I just realised, that Bleed it out is basically a "rock" country :) I know, I may be stupid to realise it just now, but it's fun:)

20. LP1988

LP1988 Active Member

when i heard it for the first time, yes it was slow but not bad. now listening to it a few times on end, I have to say it's an amazing album. Vocals are AMAZING, and i totally love the guitar solo in IN PIECES (near the end). They should have one more song where the guitar is played like that as like the main music :D. I LOVE THE ALBUM. at first i was a bit iffy on the matter... but now 10/10, easily.

plus the lyrics are out on the net now and when i read the lyrics for NO MORE SORROW, i'm positive it's about Bush's place as the president. he says 'your time has come to be replaced'. haha. rocks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.