Mike Responds To Blog Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

It's not that we have more experience overall, it's just we've learned that stupidity can come from all countries. If you'd see half the emails we receive, you'd fear for the future of mankind :lol:.

Jalie

Jalie Antebellum Cecity

And I guess experience derives from what you've learned. I referred to dealing with LP fans of course when I said "overall", I didn't mean life in general ;)

But yeah, sometimes I would really like to take a look behind the scenes of LPA, even though I might be scared off pretty quickly. So kudos to you guys for still being strong and optimistic :D

Last edited: May 22, 2010
    Derek

I will include one, only because this was sent over 4 years ago and I am doubting that person is still visiting this site:

Actual email we received:

...Yeah.

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

some fans are pissed at Mike. saying like he is just being a smartass and acting like he is smarter then everyone else. I see a backlash starting

Derek

Oh brother. Some people need to grow up, stop crying over spilled milk, and stop holding Mike to absolutely impossible to reach expectations. He’s a human being. A human being who eats, drinks, and takes a shit just like the rest of us. Being in a rock band that just happened to make it big doesn’t mean he needs to act any different than someone who struggles 40+ hours a week just to pay the bills.

Why? Because he’s a human. It was not Mike’s choice to be raised to the level you guys are putting him. You put him on that pedestal, Mike didn’t choose to be there himself. Grow up. It's embarrassing.

SecondCityKids

It is. I mean I'm, like alot of people, am a hardcore dedicated LP fan. I'm not in favor of an album taking two years to write but move on to the other things to keep you busy. I've discovered so much more music from the gap when they entered the studio up until this point. I've even changed styles (musically and attire) These are the people that refresh LP.com to see if anything new gets posted and sheds a little tears when it doesn't I mean by God. I love LP as much as the next person but get the fuck over it and put on a different CD for once. Fuck

Derek

That's LPA has had, and will always have a policy of intelligence on these boards. We don't enforce it hard, but if you notice there are no idiots posting here.

I'm proud of that too.

Jalie

Jalie Antebellum Cecity

Wow, this definitely crosses the line where brazenness and stupidity can be amusing...

I have to admit that I've never visited any other LP related forum, but it seems to me that most people who post here are reasonable and down to earth regarding how to deal with the band and its music. I hope we provide enough motivation for you to continue doing such a great job! :)

Edit: Wow, your 1-minute-earlier post already took my compliment away ^^

Derek

You do. What makes this forum special and different from other LP boards is how tightly knit everyone is on here. Those who post here respect the site and what we do and are loyal to it. You guys have no idea how much that loyalty means to us. It's what keeps us going.

SecondCityKids

Yeah, and the idiots that do post here don't last long.
    I'm really aggravated by this

Derek

Don't let it upset you. Mike has dealt with this before. He's had over 10 years experience dealing with ungrateful idiots. He'll be fine :).

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Word - I love this place for its lack of teenies. :)

SecondCityKids

Yeah but I won't be fine :lol:
    If I ever run into an idiot like that I'm going to punch them in the nads

Derek

I remember when we first enforced that rule, everyone told us we were too strict, and being wrong to treat the fangirls like that. We stood our ground, and this forum is still around because of it. Teenies have ruined LP.com. We will never let that happen to us here.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Yep, I think it's safe to say that me & Jacob Undead are on the same level. :lol:

Jalie

Jalie Antebellum Cecity

I really don't understand the admins at LP.com or Mike's blog. I mean, it doesn't really have to do anything with cutting down free speech etc., because people should just stick to certain rules of social behavior. If you start yelling in a restaurant, you're thrown out. If you're in a book club, you can't be taken seriously if you keep rambling about how cute the author is. So yeah, I applaud you guys for standing your ground!

Derek

The problem is, we're a fansite so we're allowed to really enforce whatever rules we want. With LP.com and Mike's blog, it's different because even if Mike cannot stand certain types of people (teenies etc) you have to appeal to all fans, because those sites are an official band resource.

LPA, despite being recognized by the band, is not. So we don't have to allow teenies if we don't want to.

Jalie

Jalie Antebellum Cecity

Ok then, I proved my lack of experience ^^
    I do understand your argument regarding LP.com, but since it's Mike's personal blog, why shouldn't he determine the rules? If he's scared to lose fans or to have declining visitor numbers, I'd say that a certain rule package (like LPA's) would certainly attract other people to come to the site and comment more often. I'm sure rules in general are or were a big issue among the fansites, but at the end of the day I can imagine more positive than negative consequences if Mike adapted some of your standards. But maybe I don't get the problem...

SecondCityKids

Anyone can post on mike's blog. like you don't have to sign up. thats the problem. like if you did have to sign up there would be penalties for stupid fucks saying stupid shit, but since it's open like that not much you can do

Jalie

Jalie Antebellum Cecity

Since the admins (usually) take care of the embedded stuff, couldn't they take care of bullshit as well?

Edit: But then again, what kind of rule could forbid people to ask for the album or when LP is coming to their country?! I guess I see the problem...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.