Mike Gives Details Regarding ATS & Album Length

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

I've been checking my mail constantly too.

2. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Well, screaming and guitars =/= catchy.

3. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

If nothing else I think it is pretty catchy so far, especially Mike's part.

4. sukoru

sukoru I'm with the Ninjas

well the exact term is ''experimentally catchy'' :p

5. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I just want to warn you guys not to expect a mainstream, catchy, or even poppy album. Every review (real or fake) that we've heard about this album has stated that LP are taking real risks with this album, and that they're being more experimental than they are commercial. So if this album is really out there, I hope I won't see a thousand WTF HAPPENED TO OLD LPs over a thousand SUNS :p.

6. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

OMFG WAT HAPEND 2 LP Y DID THEY GET ALL TECHNO N SHIT I WISH THEYD GO BACK TO MEETEORA DAT WAS THEYRE BEST ALBUM WITH LYING 4 U AND RAPIN

7. Robot Man

Robot Man Well-Known Member

I'm keeping an open mind about the album, and I'm sure I'll enjoy it, but I honestly don't know what to expect from A Thousand Suns.

8. LinkinParkForever275

LinkinParkForever275 Linkin Park is my religion!

@Minus: :D you are a "true" LP fan i see :D .. let me tell you something, if you are a real LP fan, you would not say "i just this album because of what ever" you should love everything of their work! I like the new the catalyst single! its gonna be awesome! as well as the album ATS! its gonna be perfect! because they put so much work in it!! Don't judge before the album is out (and the single of course) !

9. Zane

To be honest Derek, the sounds that I've heard is exactly what I've wanted from LP for a long time. And I like stuff that takes risks and on the abnormal side

10. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

[youtube]q8o5V5OqUCU[/youtube]​

11. ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

I love you, Joe.

12. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I know you're joking, but too many people make that typo unintentionally. :lol:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
  13. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Considering my screen name I think I can deal with "experimental rock." :lol:

14. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

This^
    Make it an experience people. Don't be surfing the net on your first listen telling us how good it is, pay attention to it and nothing else.

Bahaha! That's great :D

15. minuteforce

I do that with practically every album I buy, yeah. :) Put it on loud and just listen through it all.

16. AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

45-50 minutes of brand new amazing music from LP, i couldn't be happier. This album will definitely be one to listen to from start to finish instead of skipping around, i cant wait.

And god please let LP send out the email with the catalyst download in it today! I've been listening to the MoH trailer over and over and i love what i hear more and more each time.

One question: if i pre-order right now (i havent yet, i know..its practically a sin) will i get the email with the download or did you have to pre order before a certain time?

17. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

If you pre-order now you should get the email the same time as everyone else.

18. minuteforce

The single gets sent to us on or before August 2. So you'd probably want to have ordered whatever before then.

19. Zane

I'm thinking at earliest we'll get it tomorrow or late tonight. If they're still sending out messages like that last night I dunno if we'll get it today

20. Linkin6788

Linkin6788 Member

I think these last couple days have been really eye-opening for me. I, like many of you, have listened to Linkin Park since around 2000. I've followed them, bought their music, seen them live, etc. And when new music gets released, it makes me feel bad for those who bad mouth it. I understand everyone has opinions, that's out god-given right. But the manner in which people exhibit such opinions is quite obnoxious.

I have to say, seeing things about this album needing to be like HT or Meteora, is utterly ridiculous. It's like having an old girlfriend and breaking up. It was nice while it lasted, but we all know it's time to move on. Obviously that's how the band felt about the Nu-Metal genre. I mean, come on, we all know how talented Linkin Park is. Each member of the band brings their own special unique talents. I am proud to say that I'm a true LP fan. I love the music they create. I'm not 100% in love with every song they've ever made or chose to put on an album, but, like I said, we all have our opinions.

My thing is, the internet is the huge cosmic thing for every low-life to have an opinion and share it as rudely as possible. And my thought, that I'd like to spread to the rest of you who might get a tad angry when reading something truly negative and appalling about a band we've stood behind, is think of this. These people chose to state their opinion without educating themselves on how the band has/wanted to evolve and change. They didn't want to be classified as a one-trick pony (only nu-metal) [each did side projects, worked on movies, art, etc. - all of these helped evolved them]. So these opinionated persons are ignorant because they chose to no educate themselves. Just remember what we've read and we've seen as fans. And your opinion is your own. We understand the band wants to grow and we will support them for that. In reality, they're living out their dream that they've had since they were kids, they can do whatever makes them happy!

So...get stoked as heck for The Catalyst!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.