Message 3 - The Catalyst /// August 2

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jun 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

I'm looking forward to this album.

If MTM was any indication of how much they changed over HT and Meteora then this album will be welcome in my wma. library.

2. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

I'm with Joe on "A Thousand Suns". I have to know why it was used and what the actual music is like before deciding if it's a good title.
    The music makes the title, so if the music is poor that's what the album title will be associated with.

No, he hasn't said it's done. He told Kathy they weren't finished in their private chat after she solved the "A Thousand Suns" puzzle.
    As of yesterday they were still in studio.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
  3. Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Awesome. Just awesome!

Also I'm going to say I still think "A Thousand Suns" is a track instead of the album title. I see the album title puzzle (If there is one) being either real hard or as the last puzzle.

4. Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Well for one, I'd say the A Thousand Suns puzzle was really hard. But to me, I like the name fine as it is and more importantly the title doesn't affect me to much. I don't really care, it's the music that's important and amazing. Anything LP chooses, it's their own decision and they know what they're doing. It's their own music so i'm sure they know what's best. I've always liked all of their album titles and i'm sure we'll all like this one as well. For now, let's stay focused and remember what we're here for: The Music.

5. Asua

Asua Well-Known Member

Wow, I can't keep up with this thread.

Funny how they're still in the studio, even though they already shot the music video for their first single.

My guess for the early shoot is that the music video will be heavy on special effects. Now that'll be very exciting indeed

6. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Its common for a band to still be working on the album when filming the first video. This is done so that when its time to release the single, they already have the video available for download...even if the album is still being mixed/mastered.

Smart idea really :).

7. Zane

So do you think the video will be released with the single? I think it'll be about a week afterwards....wasn't that how What I've Done was released?

8. Derek

If I recall the single hit the airwaves a week earlier and then the digital download/video came out on the same day.

At least I think that's how it went.

9. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Yeah, then maybe we might get an enhancedCD with the music video on it, like with Meteora :)

10. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

The band must be confident in their choice for the first single and music video to get shooting done. Now, have they actually finished the filming for the music video, or did they just shoot certain scenes such as the performance aspect of the music video? The music video must be in editing now though to be on schedule with their Q4 2010 single and album release. I like what Asua said, perhaps we're in for a dazzling visual display to complement the style of the new single.

11. Derek

I definitely believe the entire video is done. Maybe not with editing, but definitely with filming.

12. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

What was it that that XFM guy said that it was "almost proggy" in some places in full length? What the heck did he mean by full-length? :lol:

13. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Basically around 5 minutes long.

14. Rohit LP

Rohit LP The Silent Red

A 1000 suns..can that be some kinda background where d band are playin music in d new single..coz LP videos hav a gr8 background where the band is playin ....!!

15. Asua

Asua Well-Known Member

Perhaps, however I feel they've learnt from their previous mistake when they released "New Divide".
    "New Divide" debuted at number six on the Billboard Hot 100, however the single dropped sharply to number
    39 the week after its release but resurfaced within the top 10 when the music video and the release of
    Transformers 2 eventually premiered. Remember, it took several weeks for the completion of the music video due to
    the fact that it contained many FX. Well that's my guestinmation :huh:

Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
  16. Zane

guys over at LPL....i thought this would be really interesting:

17. Derek

Man, that just further supports the notion that this album is about nuclear war. Everything is tying together.

18. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

It could mean anything.

19. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

"There's rapping on it, but not the kind of rock-rap type of stuff that Mike Shinoda has done in the past. And the track is going to be the first single. At its full-length is almost proggy in places. It's very very good. Lots of take in, lots of new layers coming with the Linkin Park sound"

I think what it could infer is that it's a longer song, say 5-6 minutes, but has been edited down :)sick:) for radio play. That would be a very ballsy move on LP's part considering their track record with singles.

Total speculation, of course.

The thing that excites me the most is the "lots to take in" part.

20. Asua

Asua Well-Known Member

Yes, lots to take in like one big nuclear BOMB!!! BOOM!
    Okay, now I'm just being silly :blush:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.