Members: Concerning Mp3's

Discussion in 'Feedback & FAQ' started by Derek, Mar 3, 2003.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Alex is probably going to kill me for this but, it's time the truth comes out.

I decided to make this as the thread to end all threads concerning mp3s if you will, as instead of beating around the bush it's better to finally just say EXACTLY what's wrong.

The mp3 FTP we are using turned out to be a lot less bandwidth then we originally thought, as we misunderstood the deal from the guy who was giving the FTP to us (Its NOT 60gigs as we hoped, as if that was the case, we most likely would not be in this situation) thus, that explains the all too constant "Up one minute, then down the other" situations. Add that, according to alex, if i heard him right, our host forgot to renew the account(possibly explaining the password screen some of you are getting), and we have one very, choatic bandwidth situation with mp3s. We have, virtually no bandwidth at all for our mp3s at the moment, and I just thought I'd tell you guys that. I just have to, because even you guys know this isn't normal.

How do we manage to still provide you guys with clips and "Somewhere I Belong" then? Well you have our awesome lpa:team member (or as I'd like to think, actual staff member) Will(Akuma) to thank for that. Will is sharing a very nice FTP with a truckload of bandwidth with four other people, and well? To help with our problem somewhat, will has offered to host some of the new mp3s(pretty much 'news' related ones. Like new leaks etc) until we come up with a solution to this very upsetting problem.

I just want you guys to know that yes the Lpa DOES care about what going on, and has not forgotten about the media section. It's just, with no true fix for this problem out on the table for us to grab, we've been trying to only post confirmed info about this problem. Not rumored fixes for the problem.

It's also to be noted that, everyday, the LPA grows by 1000 people. Hence why we had to upgrade the actual site itself, so that it wouldn't crack under the pressure. To give you guys an idea of just how much you guys impact the site:

February Stats
    Hits(these are not people, just total sites viewed): Over 4.5 million.

Actual visitors: 82,000+
    ---
    Yes, you guys have made us pretty big. And we thank you guys for that, especially the visitors who have made this site bigger by word of mouth and promoting on message boards.

Once again, we're sorry for the inconvienience with Mp3's and we WILL try to fix this somehow, and keep you updated when we can.

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

Will is a champion :p
    it doesnt worry me about the mp3s, i cant wait. everyone else should be able to as well ... least the rest of the site rocks!

Pinkin Lark

Pinkin Lark Prince of Persia.

with or without the mp3s this site is still the best place for lp news!

Delekan

Delekan Member

And I´ve wondered what the sh*t is wrong with the site <_<

matto

matto New Member

i'll help
    i can set up a few angelfire sites that u can go to to retrive the songs :lol: .all I need is to bea ble to get the songs on my computer and i'll set the sites up!! IM me at jackassman5000 !! It might take a few days till i can get the sites up ,but if u can get me the songs i can do it :joe: :rob: :phoenix: :brad: :mike: :chaz:

Bryan

Bryan Guest

No offence, its nice of you to help, but those angelfire sites would be shut down because of bandwidth in a matter of minutes.

bLu3DeViL314

bLu3DeViL314 Well-Known Member

honestly, this is the best lp site ever, better than the official one :p i've never gone to a website so many times in one day (10 times once)

ThElOsTpRoPhEt

ThElOsTpRoPhEt Well-Known Member

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight :D