Medal of Honor/The Catalyst Trailer Released

Discussion in 'News' started by Kæton, Aug 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

thx you

2. Vic

Vic No game no life

This. Are you reading this Akira? You're a fucking troll.

3. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

1. M2M is infinitely better than Meteora
    2. The sales are completely irrelevant in the music industry of today.
    3. They didn't get signed for their rap/rock style. The label wanted them to CHANGE their style from the very beginning. With Mike only playing the keyboard , etc.
    4. I'm not one of the people that you so easily categorize hoping for a "one time thing" I'd have the experimentation and diversity of M2M a thousand time over Meteora because each album would be different because of the diversity.
    5. More people are fans of Linkin Park now than in 1999-2004
    6. The Catalyst , though the version in this trailer is not the best is still better than all of Meteora.
    7. Linkin Park ARE better now..

As far as I can see, you are narrow minded and say that you can accept chance when it's obvious you can't. I personally am offended that you call me a "blind fan"., don't deny it. You categorized all of us as "People" that liked M2M as that.

Also, I'm just going to ignore your ranting from now on because that's all it is. Ranting of a bitter fan that misses his nu-metal, that doesn't give any reasonable support to his arguments as to why it's the "End of Linkin Park"
    ------
    Mods, I'm sorry if this was out of line and I'll accept the consequence of it but I'm just so tired of it, really. I support opinions and you all know it because of my blunt statements in other threads for freedom to say something sucks just as much as to say it's great.

4. akira

akira Banned

Fall of the band has been going on since MTM came out, inform yourself buddy.

Not just because of this song... This would be their second mediocre album in a row.

To blind LP fans they're getting better by the minute and they're .. the ... best musicians in the world. :awesome:

Let's get real now.

5. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

In your opinion. You fail to realize it's not fact.

You're the definition of someone who is a fan of "Hybrid Theory" & "Meteora", not Linkin Park.

6. AlastorNEGATIVE

AlastorNEGATIVE New Member

My god people, you guys just complain about everything.
    This is the least angsty song Linkin Park has come out with and you guys still complain. Also, Mike Shinoda or someone clearly said in an interview that it was mainly genre-busting the them as a band, not as a whole. Really guys, open up your genre tastes. I listen to everything, so I'm not complaining at all over their direction. Most bands adjust and change styles over their career. Usually by the 3rd album, a band usually sounds much different than they did on the first, Linkin Park is no different. They wanted to do something different, so they are. They're the ones who're making the music, so it's up to them. Understand their position before you start going off on tangents and saying the band is digging its own grave.

Also, why is anyone surprised they've gone more into an electronic route? Has anyone been listening to them the their whole career? They've always been heavy into electronic music. Now they're finally incorporating it more into their style.

Overall, even though this song is heavily edited and wasn't a good edit at that, the song isn't bad. I enjoyed it. Now I simply want to here the full song. Also, I can imagine Rick Rubin was heavy in this song like the rest of the album. Rick Rubin doesn't mess around, so just because you don't like it doesn't mean he was any less involved.

Really people, just shut up and stop complaining and be happy LP is still making music at all.

(And if you're curious of my music background, yes, my most preferred genre of music is electronic music. My favorite bands are Idiot Pilot and BT.)

7. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

You've just received an infraction. I am tired of your smartass attitude, your negativity and you being antagonistic towards staff and other members. This is now the umpteenth time you have been talked to about it, and you refuse to grow up. I have to talk to you about it one more time you'll be banned. You've been a negative force since you joined these boards, and I, my staff, and these forums have had enough of your behavior.

8. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

This doesn't sound like a 7.5 at all! :eek:

9. Vic

Vic No game no life

*laughs* I can't believe you're still saying BULLSHIT. Go listen to your Jonas Brothers and Justin Bieber, I now can see that you want LP to sound like that, lol what an idiot.

PS: Sorry mods, but this buddy really pisses me off...

10. @LP2K12

@LP2K12 Est. 2K12

When I get paid, I will donate to LPA, just because you took this action. Seriously, I was going to donate already because of the years of hard work you guys put in, but this was the final "nail in the coffin" so to speak. Thanks for always looking out for the other people around here and making this place enjoyable. You let us speak freely, without "trolling."

11. Asua

Asua Well-Known Member

I couldn't put it better myself.

Akira, what was it you said? 8/10 right? So, I'm guessing a score of 8 doesn't necessarily mean the death of a band does it? :rasberry:

12. Derek

We understand your frustration and aren't angry at you, but please let us handle it. :)

13. Rohit LP

Rohit LP The Silent Red

wow..d part of 'life me up..let me go...' is fuckin epic..!! lovin it.. :)

14. Vic

Vic No game no life

Of course, thanks :lol:

15. steve12

steve12 Well-Known Member

It is seriously mixed, you can tell. They sound a bit like Pendulum with this song. I quite like it, took me a while for what i've done to grow on me so looks like it could be the same with this song. Only time will tell as to whether it will be as big of a hit than what i've done.

16. LP/DBS/FMFreak8908

LP/DBS/FMFreak8908 Well-Known Member

:awesome::D:D:DLove IT!!!!....Of Course This isnt the whole song it was shortened to go with the MOH trailer....CANT WAIT to hear the full 5 m 42 s version TOMORROW!!!!...SO Ecstatic..THEN Cant wait 4 ATS....(9.14.10=CANT COME SOON ENOUGH)...SO PUMPED 4 The Album only 45 DAYS AWAY!!!!...

17. Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

I think the song is really good. It's easy to tell it's been edited in some way. I can't wait to hear it in full tomorow for my full review on it.

18. Derek

Seconded, despite being edited to hell...the parts I've heard show great promise. Especially when Chester sings "lift me up" in a semi-screamed voice.

And for the record, if anyone needs proof this has been shortened...listen when the first chorus comes in. It goes right to the "transmissions echoing away". You don't even hear the "and when I close my eyes tonight" part.

19. sukoru

sukoru I'm with the Ninjas

Mr Hahn scratching on the intro is out too.

20. Robot Man

Robot Man Well-Known Member

I'm in love with this song. Can't wait for the full version tomorrow. The breakdown is so epic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.