Medal of Honor/The Catalyst Trailer Released

Discussion in 'News' started by Kæton, Aug 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

I think Trent Reznor could really help LP take themselves to a the extent of a new potential whilst bringing together what made the LP to this date and a new creative venture. I'd like to see a collab with Trent even for a soundtrack to test the waters.

2. Asua

Asua Well-Known Member

I found this funny. Yes, he did lie!!!

Although if there is rap, I can't see how it'll fit in?

3. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

You guys have to realize this isn't the full song. Its been greatly edited, and edited badly if I may say so myself. Mike's piano only solo part from the teaser trailer is almost completely cut out and other parts we heard in clips are missing as well.

Also this song doesn't start till about thirty seconds in and is only 3:50. Assuming WB was wrong about the 5:42 time, and a minute of that was an interlude to the next track (making the song 4:42) that's still a minute roughly that we're missing from the track.

A lot can happen in a minute. To me it sounds like whoever did this trailer cut out every slow part there was and just focused on the fast parts. That's why the track sounds so chaotic and disjointed. It's blatantly missing parts and has no flow. LP wouldn't release something like that...even if they are experimental.

That said, I enjoy the new "clips" we heard in the track. My only gripe with this song is that the "underwater flange" effect is on chester's vocals too. Not sure why that effect was necessary on mike or chester's vocals. Otherwise I'm pleased.

4. Adam.

Adam. Well-Known Member

And they still haven't lied. This is not the single. We will get that first.

5. iNuBBiN

iNuBBiN Well-Known Member

lol i dont think its the fall of the band. After all there the greatest musicians in the world.

6. Vic

Vic No game no life

Oh so just because you say so is a fucking fact? Really you don't understand anything and you really piss me off man, you don't know what the fuck you're saying, you don't understand what EVOLVING is. And this is not the fucking full song. Are you an idiot or what?

7. Dismantle

Dismantle First person to create a 'Robot Boy' Remix

I'm not even gonna reply directly to what you said, coz i didn't say ANYTHING about the catalyst being 3:50.

I obviously and clearly stated that you can't trust mike when he says 'Theres no rapping on the catalyst' because he's lied before.

8. thesungoesdown

thesungoesdown It's like I'm paranoid..

I hated the song too, but you're defiantly overreacting. Wait until the album comes out before you claim the "deah of a band". I agree with LP being stupid for completely reinventing the band. It's as if they built SO much momentum with Hyrbid Theory and Meteora, the type of momentum that thousands if not millions dreamt they can have in the music industry.......then just started over? I mean huh? I think LP should have focused on evolving from their foundation, instead of decided to be a different band with the same name.

I really don't see LP dying, people will continue to pay to hear Hybrid Theory and Meteora , and some Minutes songs played live. It's when those fans get older, that's when LP's starpower will slowly fade away. Unless they come up with a brilliant album

9. @LP2K12

@LP2K12 Est. 2K12

It really all depends on who you are at this point in life. I've loved Linkin Park's music since the early demos. However, I'm 24 now and I'm married with two kids. I still listen to Hybrid Theory from time to time, but it's just not the genre, sound, or lyrical content of where I'm at in my life. Sure, my wife and I will "jam" out to it when my 2 1/2 year old and 8 month old aren't around, but some of the shit, and I'll freely describe the horrible lyrics that LP used back on that album as SHIT, are unfit for my children's ears. However, Minutes to Midnight is a whole new level. I can actually listen to that around my kids. Hell, I don't even mind letting my kids head some (NOT ALL) of the stuff on Fort Minor (whole different subject of course, different artist.) I'm quite sure I'll feel the same for A Thousand Suns.

I think the whole point is, you're entitled to your opinion and liking of old Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit and Nu-Metal as a whole. Hell, I still like old LP from time to time and love hearing it when I see them live. I don't want it on an album. I welcome it from time to time live or on a movie soundtrack such as Transformers 3 or maybe on a Reanimation 2 if that ever happens. However, I can't believe I am the ONLY fan that has grown with the band, had kids, and who has musical tastes that have grown and will stick with them. Just my two cents.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  10. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

Yea. No, i don't like that vocal effect either, but i'd like to hear those tracks of the song w/out em. That would make the song better, but it's outta our hands.

11. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Got to love that people who don't like the song, and want another HT call this the "fall of the band". Yet, the people who like Linkin Park for who they are and encourage development see it as quite the contrary.

12. Dismantle

Dismantle First person to create a 'Robot Boy' Remix

Well they have lied, because the single is gonna be released for the people who preordered on monday (11PM GMT) And Radio 1 is going to play it first at 7:30 PM (GMT) so yeah they HAVE lied. People who preorder will NOT get to hear the catalyst first. People who listen to Radio 1 at 7:30 will.

13. Adam.

Adam. Well-Known Member

You said he lied about us getting it first, this isn't the single. It's incomplete. It's like everyone else being given 3/5ths of a painting, but you get to look at the full thing first.

14. Adam.

Adam. Well-Known Member

We'll see.

15. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Akira, I hate to say this but you're nothing but a troll, and honestly one of the worst trolls we've had since ATS was announced. Nothing you've said on these forums since you've signed up has been positive, and it seems that you exist on these boards only to bring threads down with your constant negativity and self-serving BS, instead of actually contributing to the boards.

I will say it once, and I'm not going to say it again: this is not the full song. It has been edited, and edited badly. Anybody with a passing knowledge of music will be able to tell that as drum beats stop abruptly and go into other parts. The song has been edited down to fit a 4 minute time frame, and as a result it sounds rough. Of course...cause it's missing at least 40 seconds of the song!

And Akira...I thought you "heard the whole thing" and it was "much better than the clips" and that you gave it an 8/10. Why now has your opinion suddenly changed? Could it be because you were actually full of it, never heard the track, and were claiming to hear the song for attention? Yes I believe so.

Please stop being a troll, and so ridiculously negative...because I think I speak for everyone when I say it's getting old.

16. Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

I Love It

17. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Technically, it's good editing because it fits the trailer. MOH didn't care about the Catalyst. Just the game and you can't blame them :lol:

18. lp_mohd

lp_mohd Banned

u can't compare lp with limp
    they r just a joke dude :\
    lp it's somthing diffrent ...wait until the album come's out
    i know it's abig mistake for lp 2 come out with single like this one but maybe the album it's Different ..it can be somthing new and fresh right??

19. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Welcome to the LPA. Glad you joined here! Nice to hear you enjoyed the track too, hopefully I'll see you around the boards. :thumbsup:

20. iNuBBiN

iNuBBiN Well-Known Member

I encourage LP to to something different with every album. I dont want another HT or Meteora but as long as they keep the same energy that I and 20 million other fans fell in love with... cough cough *fuck Rubin*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.