May 24, 2014 - Tucson, AZ: KFMA Day 2014

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 23, 2014.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

On May 24th, 2014 Linkin Park will be playing in Tucson, AZ at KFMA Day 2014 where they'll be headlining a full day's line-up with artists such as Sublime with Rome, Kongos and Memphis May Fire. This will be their first live show of 2014 since the MFR Concert for the Philippines show at LA's Club Nokia on January 11th, 2014.

The show will be taking place from 12:00pm MST - 10:00pm MST at the Kino Veterans Memorial Stadium. Linkin Park will be taking the stage at 8:15pm MST.

[​IMG]

This will be Linkin Park's first show of the The Hunting Party touring cycle and the first live show before their international festival run that the band have lined up before the kick-off of their North-America headlining Summer stint with Thirty Seconds to Mars and AFI as part of The Carnivores Tour, beginning August 8th in West Palms Beach, FL.

Linkin Park will be playing their first show in Arizona since February 28th, 2011 where they performed at the US Airways Center in Phoenix, AZ as part of the A Thousand Suns Tour, and this will only be their third show ever in Tucson, with their only prior shows being as far back as December 14th, 2000, where they played the Rialto Theatre for KMFA's Free Ball Show and then April 19th, 2003 at the Tucson Convention Center.

There will be no formal meet & greet at KFMA Day 2014 but you can still meet the band at this show! If you donate non-perishable food goods to the Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona Tent from 10am - 2pm, you will get the chance to meet Linkin Park! This is the only way to meet the band at this event.

So now the fun part. Being Linkin Park's first show of The Hunting Party touring cycle there's no way to know what the band have in store for a setlist. Anything could happen pretty much and that's what makes it exciting. Linkin Park have been rehearsing extensively for the upcoming shows and all signs are pointing to a really energetic setlist. The band have been re-learning the whole Hybrid Theory album in preparation for their Download Festival, UK date on June 14th, 2014, where they'll be performing the whole album front to back, so who knows if we'll see the return of tracks Forgotten, Pushing Me Away and By Myself before that date.

We can definitely expect the inclusion of Linkin Park's The Hunting Party tracks, Guilty All the Same and Until It's Gone as they are the lead singles from the new album, but do you think we'll see more songs from the album debut live? We described tracks such as Rebellion being a possible crowd favourite in our 6-Track Review, so incorporating the songs into the set isn't too much of a stretch as they all seem to be tailored for the live show atmosphere. It's definitely going to be an exciting show with a brand new setlist, so be sure to let us know what you want to see in the comments section.

This is the start of the band's 9 show line-up with their next show being on May 30th, 2014 in Lisbon, Portugal at the Rock in Rio Festival. You can check out all upcoming tour dates on the LPA Tour page.

Are you attending KFMA Day 2014? What would you like to see the band incorporate into their setlist and what would you like to see them drop? Discuss the show and let us know on the LPA Forums!

Setlist:

Mike Piano / Catalyst / Requiem Intro
    1. Guilty All the Same (Mike raps Rakim's verse)
    2. Given Up
    3. Points of Authority
    4. One Step Closer (Extended Outro)
    5. Papercut (Extended Blackout Instrumental Intro)
    6. With You (Scratch Intro)
    7. Runaway (first verse and chorus only)
    8. Wastelands
    9. Castle of Glass (M. Shinoda Remix Tease Version)
    10. Leave Out All the Rest / Shadow of the Day / Iridescent (Medley)
    - Robot Boy Instrumental, Hahn interlude
    11. Burn It Down
    12. Waiting for the End (Until It Breaks Intro, Wall of Noise outro)
    13. Wretches and Kings (with Speech Intro) / Remember the Name / Skin to Bone (Nick Catchdubs Remix) (Medley)
    14. Numb (Numb / Encore Intro / Outro)
    15. In the End
    16. Faint
    17. Until It's Gone
    18. A Light That Never Comes (first verse and chorus only)
    19. Lost In the Echo
    20. Crawling (first verse and chorus only)
    21. New Divide
    22. What I've Done
    23. Bleed It Out (The Catalyst "Lift me up, let me go" with drum solo bridge)

[thumb]http://i.imgur.com/CAzCLQk.jpg[/thumb]
    Setlist picture from Pooch via LPLive

korbit

korbit Well-Known Member

I wish They Play something new:D

Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

Hope they play something new.

Clever Name

Clever Name Well-Known Member

Would be cool if they played something that's not been played off Hybrid Theory for a while. On the other hand, I'm hoping for a brand new track to be played.

Artorious87

Artorious87 How do you like them apples?

Has Linkin Park ever played new songs from an upcoming album right before its release, besides the lead singles GATS & UIG? I think they won't premiere a new song here. They will wait for us to hear the album. This is why I think they haven't been saying too much different in all the interviews, it feels like they're keeping this album close to the chest for it to really be the best surprise and, for us fans, to have the most genuine experience in hearing the album for the 1st time.

Last edited: May 23, 2014
    SeLDfC

SeLDfC Well-Known Member

Well Mike raped the second verse of Until It Breaks on the intro of Waiting For The End before Living Things was out

Joe

Last time they premiered songs live before any official release was the Minutes to Midnight cycle. They played No More Sorrow and Given Up at a few shows in Europe before anyone had even heard them. They premiered them in Berlin, Germany on April 28th, 2007 and then played them at the London, Astoria on May 3rd, 2007. I was at that show. They were also played at the following show in East Rutherford, NJ on May 6th and at the Minutes to Midnight release show in New York at Webster Hall on May 11th, 2007. Obviously the record was out by then, haha.

They haven't really done that since but they did it for Meteora too back in the day. On the LPU European Tour they premiered Don't Stay, From the Inside, Faint, Hit the Floor and Easier to Run. Nobody had heard them at that point either. I was at the Nottingham, Rock City show on that tour back then too.

They don't really seem to do it now, but I guess we'll see.

BrandonR24

BrandonR24 Well-Known Member

Yeah I could have sworn LP played Given Up and No More Sorrow at a show before MTM was released.

master360

master360 Well-Known Member

tinfoil and Until It Breaks verse 3

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Hoping for new song!

F1st3R

F1st3R Well-Known Member

they played A Light That Never Comes Comes at a live show before anybody else heard it, if im not mistaking

Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

Yeah, i mean I like the verse too, but I wouldn't say he did it THAT agressively.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

They are supposedly playing Hybrid Theory in full.

:antoine:

Eliot227

Eliot227 Well-Known Member

I'm flying out of LA tonight to make this show tomorrow. Bought myself a VIP pass, so I'll probably stroll in mid-afternoon and try to contain my excitement until 8:15.

As for the setlist, based on Chester's interview with KFMA late last month, I 'am' expecting a new song off THP, though with a likely shortened setlist and GATS/UIG certainly on the bill, I wouldn't be surprised if that's all we got.

As for Hybrid Theory and the rest of the set, I was lucky enough to get a chance to go on a backstage tour with Mike and Phoenix at the LPU Summit in Camden two years ago, at which point I suggested a couple times that they should bring Pushing Me Away back, and both Mike and Phoenix felt that would be easy to do and that it had indeed been a while since they played it. Hopefully the upcoming HT play-through at Download Festival will be enough motivation for them to add Pushing Me Away to this year's set.

FYI, that same conversation touched on the possibility of Wretches and Kings live, and both Mike and Phoenix kinda shot the idea down, saying it requires more technology than they usually or are likely to carry.

Also, in regards to a meet & greet, I saw someone I became friendly with during the Share 2 Earn program post a picture on Facebook of an email she received about being chosen for an official meet & greet for KFMA day. I was disappointed to see that, as I also thought there was no official M&G, but it appears as though that may not be the case.

Looking forward to this show as much, if not more than, any show in recent memory. The mystery behind the setlist should make for a great night.

Blake

That Sounds awesome! Wish I could go to this show! In going to the second AZ show though!

Hope you have a great time!

Could you possibly tweet us the setlist or tell us afterwards what it is?

TheRadiance

TheRadiance Guardian

Thought that was just for Download Fest.

Joe

It is just for Download Festival. Something was lost in communication with Hybrid's comment.

Blake

What I think Hybrid means is that even if they don't play a song off of HT that they haven't in a while, it will happen due to Download

JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

I hope there will be a high quality video of this show, especially if they play new music :leak:

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

I wonder if the band themselves will release live videos of GATS AND UIG.

Last edited: May 23, 2014