Marilyn Manson

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Kæton, May 3, 2003.

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

Not yet, but I am going to. I won it ^_^ I just have to go and pick it up one day...

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

i like this guys lyrics but i hate his voice

it just dosnt click with me

i admit i liked "nobodys"

Crazy.Desperate.Insane

Crazy.Desperate.Insane Well-Known Member

i hate his image.. his being anti- christ and putting up boobs.. eiwee.. but like one of you said "don't jusdge the book by its cover"

i guess his music is oddly cool..

i heard that he's an actor when he was younger.. it was a drama show called "the wonder years".. i don't know.. i just heard that..

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

You heard wrong. That's a fake rumor. :)

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

He looks a bit more normal (from what I see) from the pictures on the album "art". Although there's still some freaky-ness, he's got that old-age suit wearing thing going on :lol:.

By the way, his new album is really less-depressive than Holywood was :). It's also more up beat :p.

Crazy.Desperate.Insane

Crazy.Desperate.Insane Well-Known Member

You heard wrong. That's a fake rumor. :) [/b][/quote]
    okay.. *shamefully bows head* sorry.. i am wrong again, neo..

haha

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

The rumor was cleared up by himself on some TV interview once. Damn, his album is ####### one of the best CDs of 2003 so far.

Kæton

Hell yeah! I've been listening to it for the last three days straight... At first, it took about the first two listens before the songs sank in, but now they are stuck to me like glue and it's become one of my favorite albums :D.

I think Manson actually took a different approach to "The Golden Age of Grotesque". It's nothing like "Holywood", and that's what I love about Manson :chemist:.

Be obscene... be be obscene... :p

And yes, most of the rumors have been answered already and in my opinion, Manson does not do so many bizarre things anymore. His videos aren't as weird, but more artistic... Then again, I love the Tool videos as well :blink:.

whenthisbegan

whenthisbegan Well-Known Member

Although I do enjoy a few of his songs, he kinda gives me weird vibes. I think part of that has to do with the fact that I had a dream that he stalked me and my friend saying we had to kill sheep to make some ... thing for him like in a picture I saw of him in Rolling Stone a few years back. Anyway, we wouldn't and he like.. sexually abused my friend.

:mellow:

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

Would you consider that a wet dream? :lol: J/K.

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

i really like his video's and his music.
    his vid. are so creative. But.. i don't listen to him much as i would :whistle:

does anyone know some songs that are worth downloading?

Kæton

Well, the song that most of my friends like (they don't actually like Manson, but they have to listen to him when they hang at my place :p) is "This is the new sh*t". Which is also on the Matrix: Reloaded soundtrack. I guess the other song people would like is mOBSCENE. Personally I like "Doll Dagga Buzz Buzz Ziggety Zag", "(s)AINT", or "The Golden Age of Grotesque" :D, but then again, I love the whole album :wth:.

and to Neo: Hey, have you checked out Manson's official site? The Q & A section had someone post something about how they never knew about Manson in anyway, and all of a sudden had a dream she was making love to him. Now she's 'obsessed with knowing everything about him' :blink:. I don't know, when I saw 'dream', I remembered that Q&A on the site :chemist:.

LPxchicaxMKS

LPxchicaxMKS Well-Known Member

i dont like him..he is just wayy to weird for me

Stuey_345

Stuey_345 Well-Known Member

i like his music sometimes....it depends on my mood :chemist:

Part.Of.Me

Part.Of.Me Banned

Marilyn Manson's music is pretty good.. Except Tainted Love.. It just pisses me off :angry: A cover which I do like by him anyhow, is Sweet Dreams ^_^

Holywood = Great Album

"Weird"? Maybe so.. But atleast he's original

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

Interesting. Thanks for that!

My favorite song was "This is the New Sh!t" but now it's "Vodevil," "Use Your Fist And Not Your Mouth" and "(s)AINT." I used to think he was really weird too, but in the back of my mind, I was itching to check him out. I finally gave him a chance with this album, so I'm a newbie fan. My dad on the other hand has the album "Anti-Christ Superstar;" weird, huh? I can't believe I didn't try getting into him earlier just because he's a little different. I don't give a #### that he's weird because that's what makes him uniquely different than everyone else's same old boring image of vintage t-shirts, hair that covers your eyes, and converse shoes. Marilyn Manson is one bad motha ######. :D