LPTV: Something New

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jul 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    LinkinParkForever275

LinkinParkForever275 Linkin Park is my religion!

i love this episode!! this song "Iridescent" gonna be nice. Chester guitar playing was cool! i love it!! cannot wait for more!! and of course the new album and single!!!

nscoope

nscoope Well-Known Member

September cannot come soon enough. Or even August 2nd for that matter. Everything seems amazing so far.

lpfaneki

lpfaneki i don't know what's worth fighting for

nice LPTV VIDEO .......

cant wait!!!!!

murphyLP

murphyLP The blood of innocence burning in the skies

Your post made me more pumped LoL

I totally agree...I think this is the record that will make Linkin Park one of the greatest!!! :headbang:

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I'm surprised nobody pointed this out yet...that's clearly the main riff from Hysteria by Muse that Chester's playing at the beginning.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Yep. Chester is a self-proclaimed Muse addict.

Kinda excites me that he was using them as an influence.

Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

Vay niice! So good to know. Muse are known for their differentiated music and it would add a nice touch to LP when they add a dash of new to the blender that sounds like something Muse could potentially create but straight from the band. If Linkin Park want to have songs that have a catchy, anthem, and out-there feel to them then that would be a particularly heavy/dancy asset to bring to the table.

Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Wait, didn't Chester only learn how to play guitar in the MTM era?

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

No. Chester's always played guitar. He just didn't really ever do it as often as he does now. He used to play it during "It's Going Down" when the band did that live.

Colonel Sanders

Yea hear Dave talking about a guitar solo that gives mr the impression that the structure of it has been done before, yet they want to do something more creative. If they could involve instrument interplay between mike, brad, and joe they could create something terrific. They could layer multiple guitar solos, add discontinuities that allow for quirks and kicks, and have Mike give us a snyth solo. So many possibilities, yet limited within reason during the creation of ATS.

Rezanator

Rezanator Well-Known Member

This LPTV is a lot more serious then from some of their previous albums. It's got this intense energy and focus. I love it. This is a new era for LP.

Vic

Vic No game no life

Read this people... This is going to be by FAR... The best Linkin Park album.

Shadow

Shadow The Evil That Men Do.. LPA VIP

I will apologize right now if I am coming off as bashing because I know how prideful you LP fans are (I still am and to some degree I do know when some buttons are pressed) but I can't help to feel a bit bothered that this feels like some marketing ploy as they are addressing some of the key issues I debated about back in 2003 when Meteora debut in their forum as "MegaManX2". It ranges from Mike's singing to the emphasis on guitar solos.

In this video, Mike speaks about enjoying his harmonizing part even though he's singing the verse and Chester is doing the chorus. His "appreciation" to him singing the harmony reminds me as to WHY I debated for long that Mike should do more singing parts based on Easier To Run harmony with Chester at the end of the song (that and Papercut). Yet, he himself doesn't feel confident enough (which holds substance after hearing the Leave Out All The Rest demo, even though I really did enjoy that demo alot)

While I do appreciate the change up, I've always felt that as an artist one should sit down and produce what they feel at heart, and while I know Rick Rubin is only doing good for them the fact this is in some degree being targeted to the "nay sayers" from the past that felt their material is rehash stuff. It makes me wonder if we are actually getting a genuine product or fan service.

I still stand that Reanimation (not just based on my siggy), but in general was a genuine product produced without any supervision but themselves! The fact this is being monitored so it generates good revenue and attracts a crowd really bothers me.. I don't feel I am getting music here but straight up fan service.

One last thing, the drum comment Chester made..

While that actually makes me excited because it sorta remind me of the Meteora DVD when Rob was doing that nice "piece" (which we never saw in ANY song) --the drum solo, it did solidify why I remain a Linkin Park fan as that clip itself gauged the power of their ability.

Hopefully, this album does blow me away, but so far with the LPTV (which is soley for marketing purposes) I'll wait till the album releases.

The whole "make your own remix" thing is also addressing that very concept that was born in Reanimation, when everyone started mashing Hybrid Theory songs with Reanimation songs, I am not taking pride that I started the thing but there's a handful of people that sat down and read my side by side comparisons of the albums and then gave birth to all the crazyness of the remix community that we have today, and I am glad it even caught their attention. For once, I can say they are doing something for their community in a very cool awesome way that will stay stamped in history (if this albums rocks that is lol).

Last edited: Jul 24, 2010
    DaveCNewton

DaveCNewton The Newtonator

Just an observation, for like a second towards the end of that video is clearly the Headstock of a PRS Custom, so I'm automatically assuming is one of Brads PRS cu24's (Think the Guitar with the HT soldier), which 95% of the time is used for the heavy LP guitar tracks...

EDIT: and luckily enough theres one as my avatar which i forgot about lol

Colonel Sanders

Quite fitting really - depending on your perspective.

luisjs

luisjs Active Member

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

Probably already said but:

"Iridescence (also known as goniochromism) is generally known as the property of certain surfaces which appear to change colour as the angle of view changes. Iridescence is commonly seen in items such as soap bubbles, butterfly wings, and sea shells."

From Wiki. So the title seems to fit the idea of wanting something new for a track.

Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

I think you're not alone wanting that :)
    It was an amazing little riff.

EDIT: Sorry i just read is a piece from Hysteria, i didn't recognize that immediately... must be because it is 4.10 am here haha. Will go to sleep soon

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Everything is going right..............EXCEPT MIKES FREAKING HAIR. My god man. Haha I know that people are sick of the complaining but SERIOUSLY! You are Mike Shinoda. NOT Justin Bieber. I pray that he shaves before they go on tour. If he doesn't, I'll FIRE MY LAZARS at him. He's not the only one who knows the power of the :lazars:.

Other than that the direction that all of this is going is flawless and I'm stoked!

LPkillz

LPkillz Well-Known Member

Fire your lazar at his head and make him bald???? :O ..... wow... a bald shinoda...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.