LPAssociation Presents "Reliving Things" - A Collaborative Remix Album from the Linkin Park Communit

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Glen Orpheus

Glen Orpheus Frackin Frackers (",)

Thanx Mark much appreciated.

We didn't have time to do Video's for all the tracks by release date, so here is the Powerless Vid
    Enjoy

[video=youtube;F6WmnbgdGBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6WmnbgdGBE[/video]

2. dontFindOutMe

dontFindOutMe Well-Known Member

Thanks for giving this amazing album for free..

3. Glen Orpheus

at 6pm GMT today the album will have been live for 1 week.....would it be possible to have our stats posted around that time please......many many thanx :)

4. LizziCloverman

LizziCloverman The one that ruins any sausageparty

i gotstaaaa knoooooow! :shoopdawhoop: :shoopdawhoop: :shoopdawhoop:

5. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

MP3: 2,947
    Flac: 741

Total: 3,688

6. Glen Orpheus

OMG........Thank you very much Mark....mucho respect :)

7. LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime Member

So far on track 5....loving every minute of this. Thank you guys so much for doing this!!!

8. Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

Do let us know how you found the whole album. Hope you enjoy the rest :)

9. LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime Member

I've heard it about 5x's and i'm hooked...epic from start to finish...including bonus tracks! You guys ROCK!

10. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Thank you, really glad you enjoyed it that much! :)

Damn, this is awesome!

11. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

So I've finally gotten a chance to digest this album and I have to say that you guys really knocked it out of the park. Here's a quick track-by-track of my favorite things on the album. Please note though, these are not the only good things I hear. For the interest of time and consideration for reading, I'm going to keep these short.

01. Tinfoil (Confetti Parade Remix)
    Anyone that I've played this track for has instantly loved it, especially my 4 year old. On first listen he tells me "I really like this song, Daddy." That beat comes in so hard and keeps attention nailed to the track.

02. Lies Greed Misery (DirtyBlup Remix)
    I love how you've managed to take such an aggressive sounding song and made it very laid back.

03. Castle Of Glass (Xefuzion Remix)
    I love how the tone of the song got darker with your mix. This version feels more serious than the original.

04. Lost In The Echo (Decay Remix)
    That play on the main synth is just amazing. When you're listening to this version, it's almost like you forget what the original synth melody sounded like because it fits so blatantly well.

05. Victimized (m_macdonald Remix)
    I seriously cannot say enough good things about this remix. I'm going so far as to say I like this remix just as much as the original. Everything you did on this track was exceptional, my friend. Also, I love how you made the drum work on the unfiltered rap verse sound like a rattlesnake. Very good stuff.

06. Until It Breaks (CĪ”sper White Remix)
    You've managed to keep this version as unpredictable as the original. Very cool things going on in this track, especially the DNB verse. It brings a new energy to the song, which I feel like it needed. Also, you handled the time change before the "Here's something for the people on the block" verse superbly.

07. Roads Untraveled (Confetti Parade x Shurpi Remix)
    This version of the song is so chilling. It is easily my favorite remix of this song. I love the incorporation of the heart beats and heart beat monitor sounds. It brings a very human element to the song which does nothing but help the meaning of it.

08. In My Remains (Simple Automaton Remix)
    All I can say is that you've mastered the bit crusher on this song. It sounds so natural and fits so well with a song that is mainly talking about "crashing and burning," more or less.

09. Skin To Bone (Shurpi Remix)
    I love the beat you've incorporated into the song. I can actually hear this getting mashed with another Linkin Park-related song. Perhaps I might get onto that...

10. Burn It Down (Lizzi Cloverman Remix)
    I really like what you did with the whole song. The repeating of "To break it back down" brings a new sense of urgency to the song. There is literally a ton of awesome stuff going on this whole track. Also, thank you for not making it another dance-track!

11. I'll Be Gone (minuteforce Remix)
    I remembered your version of I'll Be Gone when you entered it in the MMU. The echo effect that you have going on makes me miss hearing it in the original. It's almost like the song was supposed to be that way.

12. Powerless (Glen Orpheus Remix)
    This remix is so starkly different from the original that it is almost unrecognizable at first. That is not a bad thing at all though. It really reminds me of "In The Air Tonight" by Phil Collins. It is very laid back while telling a very serious story. Amazing work.

01. Tinfoil (Glen Orpheus Remix)
    I love the incorporation of the Tinfoil "stems." I'm sure you made them yourself and you've done an amazing job. Overall a very enjoyable version of Tinfoil that leaves you satisfied, which the original version doesn't unless you hear Powerless with it. Well, at least that's how it is for me.

02. In My Remains (zwieR.Z. Remix)
    This is a very cool track because it almost feels like an acoustic version. The piano work is absolutely amazing.

12. LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime Member

Ready for 'A Thousand Suns' remix album wink wink nudge nudge :headbang:

13. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

MP3: 3,211
    FLAC: 788

TOTAL: 3,999

Congrats on another thousand, guys.

14. Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

Awesome!

15. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

:isee:

I just finished my first listen. I can't really pick any favorites at the moment, but I was impressed by how so many of the remixes were so diametrically different from the originals that they truly stand on their own. Nothing mediocre or pedestrian about any of these tunes. I was the most skeptical of the BID remix because that's the only song on Living Things that I actively despise. Lizzi completely redeemed that song, though, which is quite a feat.

Top-notch work all around, guys. Great sequencing, too. Reliving Things really works well as an album instead of simply a random assortment of remixes. Thanks to the LPA for hosting this, and thanks to everyone who worked on this for sharing their remixes with us!

16. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

#LINKIN

But, yeah, thank-you :phone:

17. LizziCloverman

LizziCloverman The one that ruins any sausageparty

Lizzi's Rules of Remixing:

#1: do NOT make a dance track! :duuu:

thank you! i'm glad you like it :)

Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  18. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

Just wanted to thank everybody again for their work on this. I consider this the "Reanimation" of Living Things that LP fans have been waiting years for. There's so much great talent in all of these, I can tell this will have the lasting power of Reanimation for me.

19. Glen Orpheus

Thanx Ben, inspiring words, and comparing the album to reanimation for lasting appeal......thank you , thank you ;)

20. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

LPAssociation.com presesnts: "Roads Untraveled" (Reflectionist Remix)

Not too long ago, we were informed that "Reliving Things" had surpassed the 5,000 downloads mark. All of us who were involved in its creation are very grateful to all of you who have taken the time to check out the album, and all of you who've shared and posted about it, here or elsewhere.

To thank all of you, Linkin Park Association is now happy to present to you another free download! This is a remix of "Roads Untraveled" by Reflectionist which was intended for "Reliving Things" but wasn't completed in time to make the final tracklisting. We all felt that it should be finished anyway, so, recently, Reflectionist dusted off the project and took it to the finish line. Now, it's ready for you to download and listen to in 320kbps MP3 and FLAC formats.

This remix was intended to be less keyboard-based to contrast with the others which were entirely electronic. Being an amazing percussionist, Reflectionist recorded awesome live drum parts and also enlisted his longtime friend and prominent LPAer Astat to provide guitar and bass parts to match. In essence, this remix is a collaboration featuring two of the best instrumentalists on LPA. It has been months in the making, and we are all proud to be able to share it with you at last.

Thanks again to Derek and Todd, who helped to get all of this happening smoothly. We hope that you enjoy it!

Credits:
    • Production: Reflectionist
    • Guitars and bass: Astat
    • Mixing and mastering: Michael Macdonald
    • Art direction: Simple Automaton and minuteforce
    • Design: Simple Automaton