LPA Monthly-Mix Up November - Winner

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Dec 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Yaseen Alam

Yaseen Alam Well-Known Member

The fun of mashup's is, that some song can be put together and not sound great, whereas others can sound really good. m_macdonald had put two songs that actually fit and sound great together, and after listening to that I think everyone knew this would be the winner. My idea of LP and Harry Potter was funny, but not as good as m_macdonald's. All the entries here were all at a level where they were put together by people who have been doing remixes for sometime. No one was weaker, just the person with the best idea comes out ofcourse. It's just like trying to say Apple products are better than Microsoft, but a load of people would disagree.

NeoZource

NeoZource Member

All four are great top shelf Mash-Ups, Congrats! I really enjoyed listening to all the mash-ups as they were summited. i'm looking forward to future remixes :)

DJIntensity

DJIntensity Well-Known Member

Holy crap, I won something! Well, not quite, but still!

M Macdonald... just wow. Quite possibly the best LP-only mashup I have ever heard. Would love to hear more of those styled mixes!

zwieR.Z.

zwieR.Z. Well-Known Member

Congrats, guys! Good choice in my opinion. Didn't really like only one of them.

Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Awesome, congrats to the winners and all who entered. :)

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Winning entry is amazing. This contest is one of the greatest to happen to this site!

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Yeah but when you come off negative in every single post you make and every post is to bitch about something, or offer a negative/critical/rude view of something it gets a little old. What you fail to understand, is how your negativity can affect the outward view and appearance of these forums to people who aren't members, or newbies. All it takes is one person to read you being rude, negative or condescending in a post and they'll think "well shit, this place is full of nothing but moody assholes" and not register.

So I'm going to put it this way, either stop acting like such a miserable cuss on these boards, or we'll happily give you a one way ticket out of these forums. We did that in the past for people just like you, and we won't hesitate to do it here. You're a detriment to these forums with your current attitude, and we (as in the staff and several members) are sick of it.

Classic Sonic

Classic Sonic Active Member

what about a list with all mashups?

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

And I'd like to say to our talented artists who have entered on the past, please don't let one negative person discourage you from participating in the future. You guys do some awesome work and the talent and effort that goes into it is appreciated by an overwhelming majority of members here :)

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Yeah, I don't know what Travz has been smoking but all these entries and pretty damn good. Its a shame I never got to finish my mix though. Alot of things went wrong that stop me completing it, otherwise I'd have done the mash up I promised. But even if I did, it would have been tough competition.

Top notch remix's all round!

Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

Had time to listen just to the winner... really an awesome job, congrats! Lots of imagination and love the effect on the chorus of WTCFM. The only thing that threw me off a bit was the With You electro pad/lead all along the song, somehow I wish the pitch of it would have been changed to a lower one to make it more pleasant, and maybe with a new effect.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Well deserved! It was my favourite entry too!

Congrats to m_macdonald and the runner-ups! Actually, this month has been a month full of great music. Basically, congrats to everyone who participated and hopefully see y'all next month for the next mix-up! ;)

m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

You sir, are very kind! Thank you for listening :)

Thank you very much, and congratulations to you! Brilliant mash-up, and a pretty unconventional choice. I'm still not sure how you made these tracks work, but you did. So chilled... consider me a fan!

Thanks for listening and thanks very much for the feedback, which is always helpful! Can I ask which bit you mean? Do you mean the effect that sounds (for lack of a better term) like a bird chirping that happens throughout the choruses of With You? If so, I agree with you that it can get repetitive and distracting. It would be amazing to have access to the original With You multitracks and really get creative!

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I know it is pretty unrelated, but I love your remix of A.06 into the song "Ghosts." Just sayin...:awesome:

Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

Indeed, the bird soundish thingy hehe.
    Considering you didn't have the multitracks, the mix is really excellent. Couldn't have been better :)

m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

I agree, the 'bird thingy' can get repetitive! Nevermind though, maybe one day we'll have access to Linkin Park's entire back-catalog of original multitrack recordings. I can dream, can't I? ;)

Thanks for listening, really appreciate it!

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Congrats m_macdonald, awesome entry!

It would be a great idea if we could get a list of all the entries, I haven't had time to go through the other thread yet. :lol:

Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

You are threatening to ban Travz because he said "weakest contest yet imo"? Really? That sounds pretty biased. If he were talking about an LP release while everyone was praising it, it'd probably would just be considered his opinion....but since his criticism is of something directly associated with LPA, his opinion becomes the opinion of an asshole, and he is considered "bitchy". His "bitchiness", will then be seen by non-members who will come to the conclusion that everyone on the forum is just like him. This would mean that they probably don't read the forum at all and are very judgmental, because posts like "weakest contest yet imo" doesn't sound very bitchy, asshole-like, or moody. Though your post could very well be taken as 2 out of those 3 things.

I'm just sayin......

edit: I'm not a fan of this month either, but the winning entry was definitely a good job!

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
    Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

^ It's not just based on the one post. Look at his recent post history.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Not threatening to ban him over this one statement. It's an accumulation of negative and condescending statements. The tipping point was him going after the efforts of our contest participants. No need for it.

This doesn't involve you. May we get back to the topic? That conversation has run its course. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.