LPA Ghost Town Podcast MP3 Now Available for Download!

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Mar 20, 2011.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

That Metallica screaming, is that a reference to this video?

[video=youtube;8ekM6zRQ-Mw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ekM6zRQ-Mw[/video]

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

That was exactly what I was suggesting, I even reiterated a few times on that thread to make myself clear that I was never talking about the FULL transcripts, but only FACTS and BITS (...) of the recording.
    And instead of rewinding to find out interesting facts, I did remember saying it's better to type down key words during - and not after - the podcast.

Seeing all your responses I figured I must have had a wrong indication of the word 'transcript', because that's the word Mike Shinoda Clan used when they list out certain facts of an interview.

Being the original proposer of this suggestion, It is my fault that this confusion and inconvenience is caused, I sincerely apologize for any troubles made. Sorry.

That being said, I should shut up in most cases or things will only get worse, was solely trying to improve the quality of this community.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
    Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

Derek gets kicked out of the room in a middle of a question concerning The Catalyst :lol:

BlackedOut

BlackedOut Zero

And Dont forget about the "farting" chair. :lol:

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Based on what they've seen, they guessed that there will most likely be some making of BITS footage being released in the near future. I only remember that one because it was my question, haha.

BlackedOut

BlackedOut Zero

I wonder if the Madrid DVD will be region locked? Probably....

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

You did nothing wrong. Nothing to be sorry about. :) Not necessary to shut up or anything. Please feel free to always suggest things here :).

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

I don't even know why you're apologising :lol: I thought you were very clear in the other topic. If people do not have time to listen to a two hour podcast then they will clearly not have time to read a full transcript of that podcast. I think typing out a small summary would be helpful but I don't think the LPA staff should have to do it though. So Sarah, thanks in advance for doing it. :)

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Something something something, linux, windows, open source, perfer mac?

yay

A lot of my questions were answered. lol

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

The next day I found out you guys were all talking against each other on full transcribing, and I knew something went astray.
    Days on the internet taught me that apologies are the best way to level down problems and not evoking another argument.

Attitude on the other hand is crucial.
    How would you guys think if I went like
    'Damn it why couldn't you people understand? I'm not fuckin' talking about FULL transcribing, can't you read?'
    ;)

I do hate troubles so I tend to solve problems the easiest way.

Gloomy Mushroom

Here are my notes (I gave up towards the 40 minutes left mark):

Transcript Notes LPA Podcast Episode 4: Interview with Ghost Town

---> Ghost Town was formed by a group of Freelancers who joined forces. They've gone through generations of the company, including editorials and production.
    ---> They were all taught differently including being self taught, a fine arts major and even a history major. Their background is varied and wide.
    ---> They got involved with Linkin Park was like a chance of cards; they got a random call from Joe but it was unanswered and wasn't called back not knowing that it was Joe. Next thing they know Joe was at the office discussing the film concept to New Divide.
    ---> They turn down work all the time mainly because a lot of people have any idea of how long a project takes and costs.
    ---> It takes on average to complete a project about a month to a month an a half maybe two months each time with one or two days for shooting, three weeks for post production. They have talked up to four months about about a project. A typical music video can take up to 4 weeks maybe 8 weeks on the long end.
    ---> A Meeting Thousand Suns was 120 days of prep time including editing.
    ---> A Meeting Thousands Suns was the first part of something more for Ghost Town, including the promotion, the making, the singles and would love to see a continuation. But that is all unknown until they got the phone call to ask for another documentary.
    ---> It was incredible to be at the EMAs for the Madrid performance.
    ---> If you look really hard on the DVD you can see Brandon on the right side of the stage, just standing there.
    ---> On the shooting of The Catalyst, when you saw the people wearing gas masks are usually random people, no they were members of Ghost Town. The people that were running around in a the graphics for LP in the military gear. The cloud shots are just extras.
    ---> All the art people who have attended art school having a piece that has one specific meaning to it is a failure and that's what is intended for ATS. They want it to be open to be more than one interpretation.
    ---> The Catalyst is not one straight forward because it is intended to provoke a sociological condition within the interpretator and the mental space it exists in.
    ---> There is much speculation to what every song means on the album which is the intended purpose.
    ---> Waiting for the End is literally out in space while Burning in the Skies is a bit more direct.
    ---> Working with Linkin Park on all levels has been the most validating, pleasurable and rewarding experience Ghost Town has had. The guys are exceptionally nice with their creative input and cannot think of another group of people to spend their creative time with, given that it their role is very hard to forget in the production of things.
    ---> Waiting for the End was based upon, trials they ran for things. The gas mask was a quick test done downstairs, and then Joe was brought upon on it and they had a video on their hands.
    ---> The way they work best with their clients, extremely closely with them creatively. They rather they a client they have some kind of idea and what Ghost Town can deliver it and work together to improve it.
    ---> Ghost Town is an Apple House, originally PC boys and then converted to Mac Pros. Nothing too crazy though. In terms of software, they are really big on a cocktail of stuff. They are really big on AfterFx and FinalCut, usually considered as toys.
    ---> The way they work is flipped because they like to work with lots of layers concerning scripts and graphics.
    ---> They like to use their space with one particular thing on the one monitor and a whole bunch of other things on another so they are given room to think and create.
    ---> Ghost Town concludes Windows has contributed to the loss of projects rather than a gain, which doesn't help to the amount of already existing stress they are under.
    ---> There probably would be a Making Of Burning In the Skies video
    ---> There is always something to be learnt concerning the different plug ins coexisting with one another and whether what effect each new plug in will have with another plug in.
    ---> You don't have to have deep pockets to use scripts they use at aescripts.com
    ---> Derek had an inappropiate photoshop by a member that has now been banned.
    ---> After the green light they will get involved in pre-poduction as soon as possible. They want to make sure the image is right for the ideal that wants to be used.
    ---> A lot of scripting and algorithm based animation is used.
    ---> With the Waiting for the End video they asked for a single light source, a small room and feeding it in a particular direction in which the automated system used by the computer allowed them to skip ten steps ahead, saving time.
    ---> There's a lot of misconceptions about adding effects to a video.
    ---> 95% of their video is digital as compared to film.
    ---> The digital video grain saves them from saving onto film.
    ---> The whole of Linkin Park were really happy to be involved, despite not knowing all the creative depths of their wants compared to Joe and Mike. They were all present at all meetings concerning the creative concepts. Ghost Town always lets everyone has their say about things.
    ---> Ghost Town believes there is nothing as 'too much'. They are bunch of dudes who are very simple bunch of people.
    ---> With their first project with New Divide in May 2009 they had two weeks, visual effects with 9 nine days to use, due to the Myspace pressure that was being laid to the point of having 45 seconds left to the Myspace release.
    ---> No idea on a North American Tour DVD
    ---> Nothing so far concerning the videos on Blu Ray.
    ---> They like when creative effort is shared.
    ---> Joe knew where it wants to go with a baseline idea and visuals, they will sit on that for a while and just add onto what they find and think should be appropiate. He sets the parameters.
    ---> They had a station of analog devices for the documentary i.e. camcorders and they have fallen in love with analog data and effects.
    ---> What they were doing was integrate a real time feel to what the media was doing to the other piece of media.

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

You're God.

Derek

Holy shit Sarah. Nicely done.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

[​IMG]

Awesome, thanks!

Gloomy Mushroom

I'll finish my notes off tonight for you guys.

Derek

And fuck you for mentioning the photoshop in the notes btw :lol:.

Gloomy Mushroom

I was wondering how long it would take you to say something :lol:

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

The picture doesn't seriously offend me, it's just that at first it was just funny but now it's funny and embarassing haha.

Derek

Yeah it doesn't offend me either, it's just embarrassing to think about it lol.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.