Longer The Catalyst Clip

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cure4TheItch

Cure4TheItch I fuck up everything I see, fighting in futility.

Instead of 'son', it's 'tongue'. But other than that, you got it. :)

2. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Wow...but it's incredible how people are writing off this album due to 1 minute (total) of music. I'd hate to be Linkin Park right now with how overly dramatic their fanbase is being. Seriously people. I'm not saying you can't be negative...we encourage honestly on these boards, but can we at least give the WHOLE album a listen before assuming it's going to be a suckfest? I mean really.

3. AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

I don't understand - you think the clips we have heard are generic? I think most people would agree this is VERY unique, i know i personally haven't heard much music from anyone, nevermind LP, that sounds like this stuff. And thats saying a lot knowing that there is a TON of different music floating around out there.

On another note, I didn't know there was another akira *facepalm* ive always spelt mine with two r's....maybe admins can change my name so we can tell which akirra is which lol

if an admin sees this can u change my username to AkirraKrylon?

4. VorteXLP

VorteXLP Cheetas strapped to space rockets.

@Derek: Yeah, but that's their opinion. Luckily, a lot of people like this snippet, too.

Now totally random: Who wants The Catalyst to leak today?

5. akira

akira Banned

That's your opinion and I respect it even though I don't necessarily agree.

LOL. Hello there brother Akirra.

6. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Incredible and absolutely ridiculous.

There's nothing wrong with people having opinions on the track so far, but for god's sake people, use some intelligence when you voice them. The track hasn't been fully revealed yet. Nothing else from the album has been released yet. How the hell can you judge music that you havn't even heard yet?

7. awesomelyskilledgeness

awesomelyskilledgeness Active Member

ME!

8. Derek

Ding ding ding, we have a winner!

9. AkirraKrylon

Haha hey there akira ;)

i respect your opinion as well, i just hope that it may change and you come to like the new album cause in the end, we all want music we love =p hopefully its awesome for everyone!

10. akira

akira Banned

It surprises me some of you find the pessimism hard to believe. How? When some of us came from an unexpected disappointment with MTM. It's far from ridiculous when it's the same feeling I got before MTM came out... a feeling I never got with any of their previous albums. So please whoever said use intelligence use it yourself to understand where people are coming from.

I stand by my opinion of the song and i'm not too optimistic about the album. Specially when it's the song they're using to promote the thing.

Like I said I will purchase the album and I will support the band BUT as of now I'm not too excited.

11. ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

I'll say it again. Don't judge a song from clips and snippets, and don't judge an album from one song.

12. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Even I fail to realize how Minutes to Midnight blew. In my opinion, it was better than Meteora. Minutes to Midnight is special because it's when they decided to change. Yes the album doesn't really have any flow, but musically and mentally it was their best record, and when I say musically I mean that they took chances. It wasn't a trilogy and it still turned out pretty good, but could have been better. Hopefully A Thousand Suns takes their sound to the next level.

13. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

If I based my opinion on HT based on One Step Closer, I would think to myself that it was going to be one shitty album. Same goes for MTM, I was never too fussed with What I've Done. Point being, for me, I never judge an album based on the first single. WB are probably pushing this as the first single as it's catchy, radio friendly, diverse and contains all the elements of the band LP are known for one way or another. I'd reserve judgement on the album until I had heard it, no matter what the first single sounds like.

14. Derek

Done!

15. mmmmtastycookies

mmmmtastycookies Not black & white, only organized confusion

@projektcharlotte:

lol your signature is hysterical i just laughed so hard

16. AkirraKrylon

Thanks very much Derek ;)

17. akira

akira Banned

Let's not kid ourselves boys. MTM > Meteora? It's your opinion and I respect it but please listen to Meteora again from start to finish then do the same with MTM. They're not even on the same level.

Again we are kidding ourselves. OSC is one hell of a song, and represented the angst and energy to be expected of HT. Perhaps it didn't include the rap but it did include the heavy guitars, electronic elements, Dj, style that you would find through the album.

What I've Done? It was the perfect way to describe the album. LP watered down. Also the music video showed their identity crisis with Chester trying to look like the U2 lead singer and just the lack of creativity surrounding it. Perfect way to introduce and describe that album. Think about it.

Now you want me to ignore THE SONG they are using to promote the new one and still be excited about it. Nah man I can't. I really hope the whole albums catches me off guard and surprises me. I'm not saying i'm not going to get it, that i'm done with the band or anything like that... I'm just not too optimistic about it.

18. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

The band said from day 1 when they first announced they were recording new stuff for MTM that they were discontinuing their traditional sound in favor of a progression towards a new style. There's no way anyone could have expected MTM to sound like Meteora or Hybrid Theory because for around 3-4 years the band did nothing but make clear they wern't interested in making Hybrid Theory part III and I can completely understand that. The best bands will always progress and evolve their sound, it's just what happens in Music. Alot of the bands from the 'Nu-Metal' era never progressed their sounds and have ultimately either broken up or fallen completely out of favor with listeners.

The band grew up and got tired of the same formulas and elements that their sound was based on and people need to accept that there's no chance of them ever going back to their 'Nu-Metal' style. There will always be elements of their earlier work in their music but the band has evolved on to the next stage of their careers and people can either accept that or continue bellyaching about it but quite frankly it's high time people got over it.

I can understand if people don't like the new style but at the end of the day you're wasting your time if you're waiting for HT3.

19. ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Thank you! It shows true happiness!

20. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

I still can't believe people haven't turned a deaf ear to the "I want old LP back/New stuff sounds like crap" issue. IT WILL KEEP GOING ON AND ON, AND NOTHING CAN STOP IT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.