Discussion in 'News' started by Benjamin, Jul 22, 2011.
I don't mean to complain, 'cause this is awesome ... but calling it an "amazing prize" is a bit much. ;P
lol I didn't search for a damn one. Thanks for the links guys.
It'd be nice if this actually worked...entered the codes for Rob, Mike, and Chester, now when I try to enter the code for Joe and click on the little "play" button, nothing happens. Shit not working on linkinpark.com? Color me surprised.
strange but kewl.
Worked flawlessly for me.
Still haven't listened to the show though, haha.
Tried it on both IE and Firefox (cleared my cookies so none of the other codes were entered anymore as well), the button to enter the code for Joe's card flat-out does not work for me.
Well, I used Chrome .
..two mintues from OP's post time..... ._. Spoiled before i even looked at anything
Or the allure of the entire fanbase working together, solving the mystery through the harshest of storms and building strength to defeat evil with the power of our teamwork
They should have stretched this out over 6 days (putting out 1 new card a day). Though if they did that a simple concert would be kinda of unsatisfying, haha.
And who's idea was it to have the url's of all the pictures be so obvious?
All of this was my idea. Ask Mike.
It's not necessarily your fault. Whoever coded these cards didn't take into consideration that not everyone uses the same browser. So not only does everyone not get the same effects, it also flat out doesn't work for some.
Worked for me and pretty awesome that they included "Wisdom Justice and Love"
Got that finished in about 10 minutes thanks to you guys!
The things I miss when I am at work astonish me at times.
EDIT: I decided to re-purpose my latest Iridescent artwork piece (the one I posted in Artists Studio a couple days ago) and use it as the album cover for this show.
I'll post it here if you guys want to use it since they didn't include artwork, or even proper ID3 tags
And I also had to disable adblock to get Phoenix's card. Lyric sites are always chalk full of questionable content; I don't like exposing my computer to that.
If anyone's interested in how to solve the puzzle the hard way, it's impossible. I attempted to solve it without using any clues other than the ones on the trading card page and found out that you can't. When you follow the clues, starting with Joe's card, you're led to Chester's... which leads you back to Joe's and then you have nowhere else to go.
If you cheat and go to one of the other band members' cards, then you get: Rob - Brad - Mike - Phoenix - Rob. I'm glad people found the outside clues, though. Always nice to get a prize =p
Here's the logic (or lack thereof):
1. BBB's original post leads to Joe's card
2. The hint on Joe's card is "Straight to the band." After replacing some words with synonyms, you would be led to LP's ArtistDirect page (straight -> direct; band -> artist; how anyone was supposed to get that, I dunno)
3. From there, you get Chester's card
4. Hint on Chester's card is "We have a message for you." This would lead you back to linkinpark.com/message
Now breaking off from there..
5. If you go to the 103.1 The Buzz site and find Rob's card, the hint you get is "How do you strum it?" Think about it and you'll want to search for the tabs for "Iridescent" and end up on ultimate-guitar
6. From there, you get Brad's card
7. Hint on Brad's card is "Power chord onomatopoeia." If you google it, you'll find that "kerrang" is an onomatopoeia for an electric guitar power chord. Go to the Kerrang! website, search for LP and...
8. From there, you get Mike's card
9. Hint on Mike's card is "What are the words?" That's your hint that you want to search for lyrics. I don't know how people got to Metrolyrics since it's the second result and not the first, but...
10. From there, you get Phoenix's card
11. Hint on Phoenix's card is "Your city might hear it." Some thinking leads to the answer "radio." But wait.. we already went to a radio page and that had Rob's card!
And that's where I stopped. Unless someone else sees the missing link to get from Joe/Chester to the others, this puzzle is broken! Broken, I say!
More proof that Linkin Park are the best band ever.
Not a proshot, but still awesome for me. Memories...
Did anyone notice this?:
Or is it just my copy...?
Haha. I am about to download my copy. I'll have a look.
Separate names with a comma.