Linkin Park Summer Tour Round-Up

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jul 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    iridescent

iridescent Well-Known Member

I recently talked to Rob about W&K at the Summit in Hamburg. He said that he's pretty sure that that song comes back but I doubt it. It's weird cause they dropped it suddenly.

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Only complaint is OSC being dropped at a couple shows. If you're gonna cut a song from the set, why on Earth would you choose that one?

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Because a bunch of people in their mid 30's screaming "takes me one step closer to the edge...I'm about to break" sounds god awful?

Though, that's the case with most of their old songs. But OSC is one of the worser ones since, imo, the song is basically saying "I'm THIS CLOSE to slitting my throat."

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Hmm, I'm kind of with Ben on this one. It's really not one of my favourite tracks live at all and I wish they would stop playing it all together. It just doesn't sit well with a lot of their material and seems awkward and out of place, at least to me. The "angst" of the song just makes the track come across forced. Sure, it's their first hit and a great "live" song that a lot of the crowd can get behind, but there's other songs they have that could do the same thing and don't come across half as dated.

I'm pretty sure Chester and other band members aren't to keen on it either at this stage in their careers, it's just something they feel they have to play because "the kids love it and go crazy for it".

PaulGardinerLP

PaulGardinerLP Well-Known Member

Thanks from me too!

Benjamin

Hell, Chester said when HT came out that he doesn't like One Step Closer.

Seriously, I give him a lot of credit for hanging in their and performing it day in and out (since a ludicrous amount of people love it).

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Not as bad as the stuff that was being posted on the LPA's Twitter last night, if that was you. :p

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Yeah ABOUT THAT. Fucking Joe tells me that I'm totally cheesy with my LPA 4.5 hype tweets, and then he pulls that shit. Joe, your tweets yesterday were beyond gag inducing :lol:.

Benjamin

Anybody that didn't fucking love Joe's tweets yesterday has no purpose existing on Earth.

Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Yes, thank you.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Hahaha, in my defense there is no Kappa smilie on Twitter. I was being sarcastic. Also, I was blatantly taking the piss out of the cheesy shit you pull, Derek! :lol: I mean, come on, look at the tweets, I only started doing it in the encore at New Divide because it was the last show of the tour and got bored after Rolling In The Deep. I thought, I may not get a chance to be cheesy as Derek for 2 months now, so I'll pull out all the stops. I recall Todd getting involved too!

Yeah, Ben knows what's up! :kappa:

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Oh whatever Joe. You have more cheese than a hobo has dickcheese. :kappa:

And Todd's tour updates from the 1/31/11 show will still be the best updates of all time.

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

Even I know not to sing badly at a LP concert and I never been to one yet! So don't remind me! *pouts*

Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

As far as i can remember Mike mentioned (when ATS was released) that W&K is one of his favourites (but that it can be another song if you ask him a day later...).

Perhaps they aren´t playing it because there were some problems with the Electro-Drum-Thingy or they just don´t wanna play it at the moment :headbang:

I would love to see it live again but there are sooooo many songs that i would also add to the setlists...

So i guess there is no other way, LP has to play for about 180 Minutes from now on :lol:

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
    Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

They played Wretches in Sydney.

in fact, I saw them twice and I think I heard every single song from this tour (minus Rolling In The Deep obviously)

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

The thing is W&K - as much as I love it - didn't sound as good live as many of the other ATS tracks. Mainly cause Brad played along to the sampled guitar with a live guitar, which sounded a bit sloppy in my ears. I think they should ditch more of the guitar and play it on the PCP* pads from now on.

*if thats what their called?

{L}EcM3311{P}

{L}EcM3311{P} Well-Known Member

I bet they already have like at least 8 songs pretty much done.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

MPC - but Chester just slams drum triggers. I say he should get a Ztar and trigger samples with that. ;P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.