Linkin Park Snubbed By Grammys

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Dec 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    EvolutionaryFuse

EvolutionaryFuse Ambient

not too fussed.. i love there work, efforts, dedication to us the fans....

can many bands say we did a live collaboration with sir paul..... dont think so

Dart

Dart Well-Known Member

for that...word... :)

Elybe

Elybe Member

I watched the live stream of the announcements (Chester wasn't there, just Mike), and something was off. Mike received a very restrained introduction relative to the other presenters. They seriously downplayed LP's success with this particular album. The other presenters received a tongue-bath by comparison. Going by Mike's demeanor, I'm pretty sure he knew, too.

The whole thing is pretty strange. Regardless of what people think of MTM quality-wise, the Grammys haven't truly been about "creative excellence" since...who knows anymore? They do often reward commercial success, and shutting the year's most successful Rock act out of ALL the Rock categories seems a tad suspicious. Would have been interesting to see what was going down behind the scenes when the final nominees were being selected.

monkey030306

monkey030306 Well-Known Member

yea trash.... i really thought LP got nominated... instead garbage is praised...

Cale.

Cale. Banned

lol

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

The shit...?

*loses respect for all awards shows etc*

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

I agree.

Spike

Spike Member

I think there are deeper reasons for having LP out of the nominations,and it is not because "MTV awards have become crap" or "music nowdays is awefull" etc...Things are not that simple unfortunately.

Also,i dont believe all that theory about "music has gone bad,at the 70-90s things were much better".Money didnt start counting from 2000 guys,and music is not an exception...I agree that many artists just arent worth their credit,because they have 1000 other people do their work while they just sit and wait to sing,but that happened at the past also,and will continue to happen in the future...There are many talented people who make good music even after 1995.Some of them get credit from the media (MTV) and some of them dont...

Anyway,music isnt dead,the same applies to rock/metal.The term "real metal" i think is totally wrong,because everyone sees things from a different point of view ( for example,i like St. Anger and i hate master of puppets :p).Just because someone doesnt like Iron Maiden or Metallica or AC/DC,doesnt mean he doesnt hear "real metal" or something.The word "metal" itself has been given some odd meanings...Its like someone uses it to prove to others how much badass he is :p (phrases like "listen to real metal kids!)...

Gitsnik

Gitsnik WAAAGH!!! Über Member

Maybe they'll get nominated at other awards.

musicphreke

musicphreke Living Thing

The Grammy's are a joke. Period.

I wouldn't even worry about it. If it means so much the band then they're in it for the wrong reasons. The Grammy nominations don't make much sense at all really. Foo Fighters got 5 nominations this year for (what I felt was) a sub-par album. I want to take a look at two categories:

Best Rock Song
    The White Stripes - “Icky Thump” (writer Jack White)
    Daughtry - “It’s Not Over” (writers Chris Daughtry, Gregg Wattenberg, Mark Wilkerson & Brett Young)
    Foo Fighters - “The Pretender” (writers Dave Grohl, Taylor Hawkins, Nate Mendel & Chris Shiflett)
    Bruce Springsteen - “Radio Nowhere” (writer Bruce Springsteen)

Best Hard Rock Performance
    Evanescence - “Sweet Sacrifice”
    Foo Fighters - “The Pretender”
    Ozzy Osbourne - “I Don’t Wanna Stop”
    Queens of the Stone Age - “Sick, Sick, Sick”
    Tool - “The Pot”

Seriously? "Icky Thump" nominated for anything beyond "biggest piece of shit song of the year" is outrageously idiotic. And most of the Hard Rock nominees aren't even what I'd consider to be "hard rock". Maybe Ozzy and that's about it. Tool is close, but they're kind of all over the place.

Anyways, that's just my rant about how unneeded these Grammy's are; it's just pointless really.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I think some of the discussion here is being blown out of proportion. So what if LP wern't nominated for a grammy? Is anyone here gonna actually think less of the band because of it? Sure it's a bit of a kick in the teeth for them because they were invited to present an award however it's not like they havn't won a grammy before is it?

I too think that the nominations list is a fucking joke, apart from maybe Nickelback and Daughtry who I like, but we just have to face the facts that Minutes To Midnight was nothing special. A great album, but not even near the same league as Hybrid Theory.

LP are in a transistional period at the moment, I see Minutes To Midnight as a kind of gateway into what LP will eventually go on to sound like and I think if they get it right then the grammys etc. will start to come in again however one thing we all have to face is that it's highly unlikely they will top Hybrid Theory and regain all the insane hype they got back in 2001.

All this discussion of the music industry not caring about real music is absolutely ridiculous. You can't start ranting about something like that just because one of your favorite bands wern't nominated for an award. This forum is filled with Nine Inch Nails fans however you don't see any of them going on about this do you?

Linkin_way

Linkin_way LPA VIP LPA VIP

it's because that damn, polluted ears of those kiddy teenagers are controlling the music industries ....

fall out shit (boys) ..... gym class ass .... anyway
    I don't understand why Beyoncé won in every damn awards !!!

all her songs go like (to the lift to the lift ....... pay my bills .... etc)

Rihanna, good but Overrated !!
    Amy Winehouse (they must be kidding !!!)
    Justin Timberlake ..... no comment

Bon Jovi, Daughtry, Maroon 5 ..... deserve it

and i really believe it's because of that in these years ... it's really hard to find nice songs beside the propaganda about Rihanna..... i must hear her songs in the radio stations EVERY SINGLE DAY + EVERRRRRRRY HOUR !!!!!!WHHHHHHHHHY !!!!!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2007
    Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

A lot of big bands like LP, Nine Inch Nails, Fall Out Boy, and My Chemical Romance were completely snubbed. The Grammy's are not a barometer to
    judge a bands success on. They're pretty much meaningless. I don't listen to
    a band because of how many awards they have on their mantle at home.

Spike

Spike Member

I totally agree...like i have said b4,dont listen to LP because others buy/vote them,but because you like them...I would love their music even if they had only won the "Korean Burger Award".I also agree with the MTM part.It's a great album,but LP have just turned at the corner of their music style.The next album i think will show us the best of this new direction.This is a cycle that i personaly believe happened with Hybrid Theory and Meteora (Meteora is a perfection of HT in my opinion)

Tech Artist

Tech Artist Active Member

The Grammys are stupid. I can't believe Linkin Park wasn't nominated for anything. They let them announce but nominate them for nothing? Even after the major success of MTM? Wow... Just goes to show what the music industry has become. :angry:

obiwanws2

obiwanws2 Well-Known Member

well, lets not lie. NIN always gets snubbed and so does LP. I actually cannot stand Fall Out Boy but I am curios as to why they were not nominated for something.

And the White Stripes always get nominated and they always will along with Evanescence because they have female talent in the group. But by this token Lacuna Coil should be getting nods over Evanescence and never ever does.

It is all politics.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

One thing's for sure in all of this though; Evanescence in the hard rock category? For Sweet Sacrifice? That's madness. Who the hell made that happen? Evanescence aren't hard rock at all and that song is anything but hard rock...

DefyTheEye

DefyTheEye Well-Known Member

Wow, this comes as a BIG suprise to me. MTM was a great transition into what the band is becoming, and I thought they would be rewarded for it.

The album had a sort of U2 feel to it, so I'm suprised the grammy's still snubbed.

Wow, I'm shocked. Screw the grammy's.

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

The point I was trying to make is that they're not the only band who's getting snubbed. Its a pointless award. I've never bought an album because it won a Grammy... has anybody on these boards? Hell, 90% of the bands I listen to will never get nominated for a Grammy, and I could care less.

With that said... it was kinda messed up for them to invite Mike, without the
    band even getting nominated. That was just a dick move. :lol:

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

I think MCR deserved a nomination more than LP did to be honest. The Black Parade brought a huge following and is a very well written album. It's had much more of an impact than Minutes to Midnight has.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.