Linkin Park Selling Big

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Jun 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Rather Red

Rather Red Well-Known Member

i'm surprised the cranberries have sold so many records (14.5, same as korn)

lnkn_drgn_prk

lnkn_drgn_prk Well-Known Member

Congrats to :chaz: :mike: :joe: :brad: :phoenix: :rob: !

Also, I noticed in either this month or last month's Hit Parader magazine that LP's Hybrid Theory made #79/100 of the best metal albums of all time. Congrats for that too.

Because Americans love country music, I guess. Don't worry, I think we're a little :censored: up too ;) Country music ... :x :devil: *gets chemisty idea....evil chemist laftr*

Chris Luke

Chris Luke LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Wow, Linkin Park outsold John Lennon, but couldn't outsell Limp Bizkit? I find that a little strange. But congrats to them any way.

Amanda

Amanda RIP Chester LPA Super VIP

Because Americans love country music, I guess. Don't worry, I think we're a little :censored: up too ;) Country music ... :x :devil: *gets chemisty idea....evil chemist laftr* [/b][/quote]
    uhh.

yyeeeaaahhh.

obiwanws2

obiwanws2 Well-Known Member

just notice the fact that just about every band ahead of lp have been out longer or had a longer run, mostly. Probably not everyone, but i'm not gonna check

Cale.

Cale. Banned

Led Zeppelin > Every single band on that list.

Justin

Justin See you there

That's great. I also can't believe that Limp Bizkit placed just higher than Linkin Park. It's probably because Limp Bizkit have shipped mor copies of their stuff; the RIAA measures and certifies albums in the amount of copies shipped. Neilsen soundscan counts them by how many they've actually sold.

It's 'Led Zeppelin' by the way.

jasontojason

jasontojason Member

wow~~my favorite girl share the postition with eminem, nirvana and zz top. great news!

Fantas_LP4ever!

Fantas_LP4ever! Active Member

If you calculate the albums and dvds of Linkin Park that were legally sold are about 15,5 million. But if you join with it the copies that were and are still ilegally sold around the world the number will considerably increase and who knows ... that this number would give them a near place to the Beatles... :p

Dispite of that I say: _Congratulations Linkin Park!!!! #149 is a good place and 15,5 million is a great number!!!! :D
    Have you ever imagined all these copies together? Ooooooohhh ... A big a number... :rolleyes:

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

Yeah, and if you would count the illegally downloaded copies of the Beatles, Linkin Park would still be far down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.