Linkin Park Releases Studio Update #2

Discussion in 'News' started by Andreina, Mar 22, 2016.

crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

If Mike would stop fuckin around in the snow every week enjoying his life, and slave in the studio instead; we would have a damn album prompt to be released by the end of summer. :kappa:

Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

I think that the writing limit time to LP is something like 3 or 4 years. After that, it wouldn't be about improving the album but to throw it all away and start new ideas.

I mean, if they stopped 10 years to create an album, the final result would be the same as if they just stopped 3 or 4 years.

Migueltorres

Migueltorres Well-Known Member

In fact MTM is by far their worst record ( worst LP record = 7,5 /10 for me ) and took 4 years in the process

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

You spelled Meteora wrong, and it was 3 years.

MTM currently stands as the second-best album by them, trumped only by ATS (and also Reanimation if we count that).

OPINIONS.

Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

FTFY

They made me cry.

Minus

FTFY

They're organized work labor.

Migueltorres

Migueltorres Well-Known Member

OPINIONS . To me : HT > THP > ATS= Meteora > LT> MTM . I never cared a lot about Reanimation except for POA , WY and Runaway remixes

HybridT

HybridT Well-Known Member

LOL I always say this when I watch Mike's snaps.

Minus

And the inevitable breakdown of albums.

THE PECKING ORDER

Most albums not by Linkin Park > ATS >= Reanimation > MTM > The cold emptiness of space > LT = THP > Kame > Mr. Popo's stool > The worms in the dirt > The dirt > You > HT > Copping a feel on your grandmother at her open-casket funeral > AOL Free Trial CDs > Killing your firstborn child in front of the mother and extended family > The barbeque babyback ribs afterwards > The unfortunate perverted soul who decided he wanted the rump roast still wrapped in a diaper > Realizing all of this occurred at the open-casked funeral for your grandmother > The erection you get from this turn of events > Jared Fogle > Meteora

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
    thesungoesdown

thesungoesdown It's like I'm paranoid..

I'm going to guess a fall release before black friday and the holidays. Winter European Tour. Summer US tour in 2017.

This is the first album that I hope there is no screaming :D. Melodies/storytelling = i'm in. I have no expectations I just hope it's different to albums before then. I think music, in general, is in a good place right now (aside from the EDM fuckery) so curious to see what LP does with this album and what is influencing it.

Not nearly as excited for this LP album then I have been for past ones.

BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

I can't help but raise my expectations as time goes on, I have a feeling we're gonna get a very mixed bag. Like ATS level mixed, only instead of war themes and such it's gonna be a lot more personal stuff like RU or My December.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Brutal.

Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

Holy shit :rofl:

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

I get a very chilled out and laid back vibe from this album cycle. It seems like they are toying with different ideas instead of aiming for a particular sound. That excites me but I'll keep my expectations as low as possible.

Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

I'm probably in the minority here but THP gets better with age to me. It's probably my 4th favorite with HT and LT being last. As long as they don't make Living Things Part 2, I'll be happy. Fuck, I'm not even a fan of hard rock and THP was dope to me so I'm intrigued to see where they go. Obviously, this won't be THP Part 2 more than likely, but my expectations are middle since I liked their last outing but that can change. Example: A Thousand Suns to Living Things

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I'd hoped that they'd take a proper break but, seeing as they've jumped right back into making an album, I just kind of hope that this album drops maybe mid or late next year instead of this year, just to make sure the band doesn't rush.

With that said, I've definitely liked everything that they've shown us from their time in the studio.

Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

Yeah, for me both LT and THP showed us that the band are still writing top-notch songs, and are still able to experiment and try new things when they want to. I think the band are well able to release a mind-blowing album if they want to, I'm just a bit afraid that they'll purposely play it safe and write us five more What I've Dones. I think if they wanted to, they could write a super alternative album (look at Mall even, not only the four full songs but also all the other tracks contain some really interesting elements), but I'm just a bit worried that they'll feel the need to write another "Linkin Park" record. I actually wouldn't mind that, obviously I love the "Linkin Park" sound, that's why I'm here, but I'd prefer if they pushed themselves harder like they did during ATS (and actually, during MTM too). I think the guys have an idea in their heads of what an album should be, ~40 minutes, ~12 tracks, ~3 minute songs, etc, and mightn't want to break out of that.

Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Oh definitely. I love the basic elements of LP. Lovely melodies, some nice electronic sounds (some more or less depending on the album) and my favorite, the rapping or hip hop sound in general :D. Though there is sooooo much you can do with those sounds and keep the familiar aspects but also break away from the LP formula. You can also add new sounds like the reggae style delivery on Waiting For The End, for example. If they make more What I've Dones or Burn It Downs, which they probably will have at least one radio track, I still enjoy them but I agree, they need to push the limits as they've been relatively safe since ATS. THP is a step in the right direction of them doing their own thing but I know whatever they do, I'll be interested either way.

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

Anything in between ATS and THP would be enough for me. Not keeping my hopes high or low.
    THP has aged well for me. I can still listen to that album (especially songs like ALITS, GATS, FM, KTTK & Rebellion).
    ATS is still my fav album tho. There are days where I just put that album from start to finish (multiple times).

More than anything, I hope this album does well commercially.

crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

Same here, man. If the lead single comes out swinging on the charts, it would put a big grin on my face. I want to see them beat RHCP's record for most #1's on the alternative chart. They only need 1 more to tie them for all time. No doubt they could still do it, just need the proper single and push to get it done.