Linkin Park Release 'Heavy Teaser ft. Kiiara' & Reveal 'One More Light' as Potential Album Title

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Mitch

Mitch YTB

Ok, this snippet has got me extremely excited about the song.
    All prior clips I thought I may like it, but wasn't quite sure and even had a little doubt.
    But now, I'm pretty hopeful I will like it. The drums at the end with Chester singing sounds great; as does Kiiara's verse.

Bane likes this.
  2. Meteorain

Meteorain Well-Known Member

I think you'll be done with them then. My gut tells me it'll be an album mostly (though I don't think entirely) comprised of a slower pace, a little more mellow, less conventional or rock-centric LP, and I get the sense you're going to label that as pop.

Also, It sounded like frustration-based sarcasm when you said it, but I highly doubt the band does anything they're not all comfortable with.

I don't mean this as any excuse for them, nor am I trying to pin it all (the reasoning for this potential album direction) on this alone, but Mike's most recent birthday saw him turn 40... it's not uncommon for people's tastes to change as they get older. Young, red-haired Mike probably liked and wanted to create hard-hitting rock and hip hop more than 40-year-old Mike.

3. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

What do you guys think:

Will this be the first Linkin Park album with absolutely zero screaming?

AndreyKamensky likes this.
  4. Dayz

Dayz Now or Never

I think "Lost In The Echo" fit that description.

5. Meteorain

Meteorain Well-Known Member

I'm predicting little of it, but I'm not predicting absolutely zero of it.

With Chester having had vocal issues combined with getting older, to not prevent them from playing certain songs live, it's probably better the screaming is kept to a low. I'll admit at this point I'm starting to think about mortality (ok, too dark a word for a band's career)...longevity...there we go...and I'd like to see the band hold on (pun only slightly intended) as long as possible. For this reason I don't take any new music or anything else with them for granted, and I'm trying to enjoy everything while it lasts.

6. Eric James Aguigam

Eric James Aguigam Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure Chester would just sing it, seeing as he originally was going to sing it before they brought Kiiara on board.

Meteorain likes this.
  7. Dayz

Dayz Now or Never

The exit door is right around the corner.

8. Eric James Aguigam

Eric James Aguigam Well-Known Member

This is definitely a bold statement, but I'm predicting absolutely no screaming on this album. I believe there will be guitars on the album, but more in a similar playing style to Jonny Buckland. I hope Phoenix played guitar on this album, considering he's the best guitarist in the band.

9. Henry

Henry Mochiagete, Tokihanashite.

To be honest, I'm fine with this album being more laid back and chill.

Actually, I hope that it is. Kinda tired of all of those "big sound" and even screaming.

Bane, hasbino and CDXVIII like this.
  10. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

we will
    Definitely get some screams.

11. Stu

Stu Can't be outmatched or outdone

I could see a Blackout type of style scream if im being perfectly honest. I'd be surprised if not one song on the album had some sort of scream in there

12. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Sounds good, but I can already imagine this song getting into rotation, being overplayed and getting annoying as a result

13. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

His voice ain't completely f like oliver sykes

Bane likes this.
  14. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Yeah, at this point I'm sort of confident there wont be any screams.

And I guess that'd be good. Come on LP, if you're gonna go that road, at least have the balls to drop some must-be-there-because-tradition stuff.

15. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Oh my God. Quit bitching already. You, and a handful of others, are doing nothing but moaning, bitching, complaining and threatening to "leave". Just go then, lol. Nobody is forcing you to like this song that you haven't even heard yet.

And no, this is not a "Disney Channel track". It's just a pop song, and really isn't in any other category that Burn it Down, Leave Out All the Rest, Valentine's Day, etc. is in. If you're mad about it being pop, well I hate to tell you Linkin Park have been making poppy/radio-friendly songs since In the End came out. That song is so damn popular people refer it to as "track 8 on that one CD" for fucks sake.

This shit happens every album cycle, and I honestly don't know how anyone can be a fan of this band when you know their sound changes every album. You know it's coming, they tell us to "expect the unexpected", and when that unexpected happens some people are shocked and can't handle it. Hilarious.

Bane, Sasuke and crazygolfer like this.
  16. minuteforce

Chester's just revealed that the live broadcast will involve a live performance, so I guess you guys can expect a live debut of "Heavy" ...

17. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

I can't see there not being any screaming on the album, even if it's something not too crazy.

Though it would be interesting if they dropped some tropes they're known for. I wouldn't be opposed to it, but I may also miss it.

18. snowblue

snowblue You know the blue snow?

350m on Spotify. Linkin Park has 200m.
    If anything, I think this collab will benefit LP more than Kiiara (as far as mainstream success goes, not sales).

19. minuteforce

I'm interested to see if this single, since it appears to sound so current, will connect with the general public

Unlike the singles off the last 3 albums, "Heavy" really seems to have the potential

Bane likes this.
  20. hasbino

hasbino Member

CR-78 > Every drummer in the world

Sasuke likes this.