Linkin Park Premiere Lyrics To "Good Goodbye" On Genius

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Apr 10, 2017.

Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Chicken quality?

Head.Cars.Bending likes this.
    ShankatsuForte

ShankatsuForte Keep My Distance..

@9:29

Deliveranze likes this.
    Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Ah. My apologies. You probably understood why that raised an eyebrow at first out of context. :lol:

But hip hop has evolved anyway from that style of upbeat rapping anyway. Rhyme patterns get more complex, beats get more complex, and topics become far wider than party rap from the 80s.

ShankatsuForte

ShankatsuForte Keep My Distance..

Oh no, fivesure man. I totally get that. I was just saying that was kind of cringey even back then, and in comparison nothing in the lyrics I've read made me want to Peter tap Mike or anything. And I feel like if pusha is involved it's prolly still gonna be a certified banger. But it seems like a lot of the hate on the lyrics just stem from a lack of knowledge of hip hop. Like not everything has to be Kenji or remember the name. "Breakfast Club" by ztrip and Murs is a great example.

Deliveranze likes this.
    Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Wow that is fucking awful.

IAmTheNight

IAmTheNight Active Member

Jesus Christ, you people are negative as fuck over some fucking lyrics. How the fuck did you even manage to keep calling yourselves fans at this point?

Every time they push something out, every time they do something different, every time they do literally do fucking anything, you people fucking bitch. You bitch about the word "hoe" being used in this song (used one fucking time, even), and you bitch about the sound, and you bitch literally about everything.

Do the world a favor and shut the fuck up. Either wait for the fucking song or get the fuck out.

Hasnain, Blake, brady and 2 others like this.
    Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

"Mandem we're linking tings in parks
    Now I gotta tune with Linkin Park"

I see lots of complaints about the lyrics, but I like the lyrics aside from the line I mentioned above. I'm super stoked to hear the song!

Deliveranze likes this.
    Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

You act like people are "supposed to" just like whatever the band churns out. Nobody here is upset "because it's different" (if anything LPA is way more lenient with 'experimental LP' than they really should be) but holy shit son everyone here, presumably, listens to other kinds of music and will often compare them to each other.

The lyrics sure as shit looks bad. We're all entitled as fans to theorize this might be a total dud. It's very easy to think every song the band shits out is modern art that everyone just dismisses because I WANT METEORA!!!! but that's not the case here. Shit just looks ridiculous.

Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

I don't have a huge problem with the lyrics.

Blake, brady and Sasuke like this.
    Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

The fucking "Fuck Counter" came in at fucking 9. Good fucking job.

Hybrid likes this.
    AussieLP

AussieLP Member

1f1td1.jpg

Hasnain and Modern Guitar God like this.
    Nimz Lp

Nimz Lp niimz94

I think we'll get the song this week and snippet within 3 Days. Let's hope the song is not leaked.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

[​IMG]
    I just fully agreed with you, Blackee... Did Hell finally freeze over!?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
    IAmTheNight

When the song actually comes out and they're not judging it off the lyrics, then they can have the right to criticize or like it any way they want. But when people bitch about a song that hasn't even come out yet, or they complain about the single use of one word, people act like it's the end of the world, LP is trash forever, and Hell is reigning on Earth.

These lyrics are hardly different from any of the other lyrics they've done in the past. Are you hating them because they have other rappers in them, or because they're using the word "hoe"?

If people judge a band's future or a song or anything from a band from now on over lyrics, I can't see how they were fans to begin with. If all they did was listen to LP's music solely for the sound and never bother to pay attention to the message they're delivering, that's even worse.

Modern Guitar God likes this.
    Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

There is literally no reason to use that many bitchin F-bombs. It should be noted here that we have a rule about respecting other users on this forum. That being said, this is a forum open to any and all of our users, no matter how critical they may or may not be towards Linkin Park's music. I know that sometimes things can be frustrating, believe me, I've been there, however keep in mind that others have the right to voice their opinion on things too, so please be respectful of that. There is no reason to go on a tirade telling people to "shut the fuck up" or to "get the fuck out." I implore you to be a little more mature with your posting here.

frezer86

frezer86 Active Member

Every time ? Well, no I was perfectly fine with almost everything they've done until this year. I can't help fact that I don't like anything I've heard from new album so far. You seem much more triggered, rude and mouthy than those whom you've bashed. Why don't you shut up and accept that not everyone is jizzing his pants whenever LP release new shit.

Bane likes this.
    Non-Pattern

Non-Pattern You’re about as sharp as a bowling ball

Wow. Just wow. Fans of LP have always over-stress about the sound of LP's music, and now that they are focusing more on lyrics, we can't be critical of that and have to backtrack? I'm ok with opposing views and glad that there are others that like it or are optimistic about it, but your comment is probably the worst I have seen. I don't see anybody saying they aren't gonna listen to the album anymore or making comparisons with other rap music or even LP's older albums.

In fact, you are pretty much acting like those entitled 'old-LP' fans as well, or I daresay even more entitled than them. If you wanna read sunshine compliments about the album there's other sites you can go to and just mingle there.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

Why are people freaking out over the word "hoe" being used in a LP song? It's not even the first time..
    "I just wanna bring hoes together
    Lonny, Lisa, meet Lauren (Wooo!)
    "
    From the Vice remix of I'll Be Gone on Recharged.

Mike said that the song is sarcastic, so taking the lyrics at face value is a bit silly. If they're intentionally bad there's not really a problem ... we haven't heard the song yet.
    If it's delivered in the same kind of tone and fashion as Tools of the Trade ... well then good.

IAmTheNight

At least I don't bitch about everything after Meteora or a single word like the people here. When the song actually drops, they're free to hate or like it. Calling a song or a band shit over a song that hasn't even released yet? You call that mature?

Okay, pal.

Petar likes this.
  20. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Are you implying that when the song comes out, the lyrics are somehow going to be better than what they are? Because I'm pretty sure the lyrics are...the lyrics. They're not going to change. :lol: I don't see anybody judging the song, they're judging the lyrics...because we have the lyrics.

And yes, I'm judging them quite harshly on letting the word "hoe" slide on a studio album, given the MANY all-around problematic connotations of that word. There's a certain level of decency that I've come to expect of Linkin Park as human beings, let alone musicians, and this is something that falls below that threshold.

Guest verse on a remix that wasn't even produced by LP vs. including it on one of their original songs on a main studio album. MASSIVE difference. This is something that implies their endorsement of that word and all of the connotations that come with it as part of their artistry as a whole. It's a can of worms that cannot be closed again.

Blake, Hybrid, Bane and 2 others like this.