Linkin Park Hosting Fan Event in Paris Today with Facebook Live Stream

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, Mar 27, 2017.

Non-Pattern

Non-Pattern You’re about as sharp as a bowling ball

Hmm that's interesting. I think it's mostly due to the long wait and the amount(and quality)of the promotion. Unless they released almost half of the album by the time of official release and people still love the singles, there is only so much you can do to promote and be interviewed about. People(haters esp) are saying the promotion for this album has never been this "pushy" as compared to other albums(although I digress).

One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

I think that they started the promotion way too early for this record, so to keep the hype alive, they keep pushing and pushing and pushing. And it bothers the heck out of me. I rather have (by comparision) short notice releases (and I don't mean entire surprise releases but like announced a month in advance or so).

Also what has been bothering me about the latest interview in paris is that description of "We have sad lyrics so we need some happy music for this sogn". While there are some examples that I do like, overall it something I truly despise. If you have a sad song lyrically you should make it a sad song musically, but again that might be just me. It bothers me because I am a guy that also listens for lyrics, so having songs about death on a dance party with people loving how catchy that song is, bothers the heck outta me

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Tell us what really bothers the heck out of you.

One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

Well I just did.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I agree that the gap between the lead single debuting and the album dropping is much too lengthy/

Alexrednex likes this.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

But the thing is...this is how they've done it with almost every album cycle since at least LT :lol:. If you guys look up the release dates for the lead singles vs the album, there's always a 2-3 month gap. A Thousand Suns' lead single (The Catalyst) was only a month before if I recall, but the rest were at least 2-3 months.

Avo and Sasuke like this.
    Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

And that month was brutal... That month made me stop listening to the radio for over a year...

Non-Pattern

Non-Pattern You’re about as sharp as a bowling ball

While not an indicative conclusion or anything, I did check out the FB page to see how much they have posted since 'Heavy' came out, and they have posted almost every single day since then, some having multiple posts in one day. I'm not personally bothered by it but I can kinda understand why some would feel they are pushing the singles and album way too hard. I mean what's up with those 'Linkin Park Radio' posts? xP

He's correct. Although somehow it feels a tad long for some reason...

Evan_5397

Evan_5397 Well-Known Member

They might be promoting the album with these small performances but the lack of actual news about the album is ridiculous. Anyone have any good guess as to if and when they'll announce a London 02 show this year?

JSigcha10

JSigcha10 Well-Known Member

I do agree that the amount of information we're getting during this album cycle is a little scarce. I'm curious to see if the last few weeks in April before the album drops is when we'll get a huge influx of information about the album and tours etc.

Anyway here's to hoping they come to NY later in the year.

Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

I won't disagree. One of the few nu metal songs not from LP that I can enjoy. Though, to be honest, I won't go out of my way to listen to it.

Iopia likes this.
    Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

You guys realize all of the promotion isn't for us right? It's for the rest of the world- the 99.9% of the people/fans who don't follow the band religiously and contribute the most to album sales. It's not annoying for them because they haven't been waiting for the record for 3 years.
    They're only killing the hype for the diehards who will either still buy the album anyway, or already made up their minds not to.

Kareem Saad

Kareem Saad Active Member

Well they released a single radio song 3 months before the album release that although it did go higher for the public than anything they had done lately but still not high enough to be an insane hit and then they did nothing except some small performances that only dedicated fans hear about, so I don't think it is working for casual fans/public.

zayl

zayl Friendly neighbor revenge seeking vigilante

Well I said that they are killing the hype and I am not sure if I will buy this album. Listening to it via Tidal may be just enough for me. I only buy the albums I am 100% dedicated to. The released song from OML are cool but not that great for me to decide to purchase the record (at least for now).

Monsieur P.

Monsieur P. New Member

Mike and Chester also did another version of Heavy with French musician Waxx

Sasuke likes this.
    Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

I'm fairly certain it's one of their best charting singles since Burn it Down, and I believe it's been doing pretty well on the charts. And if we're talking anecdotal evidence, I know I haven't been the only one hearing it surprisingly frequently on the radio actually. But I don't really care too much about any of that. My main point is....
    This isn't about either of you though. The hype being killed for you isn't impacting whether or not you're going to buy the album. But you will listen to it because you're aware of it, and like you said, if the songs suck you won't buy it, and if they're great you might. The same goes for everyone. The purpose of all these "hype-killing" promotions is to make as many people aware of the album as possible before it drops, because new people are still finding out LP's dropping an album in May every day. Once that message has reached their ears, the job's done and the promotions are on the hunt for fresh un-linkinparkified ears.

Kareem Saad

Kareem Saad Active Member

I did say:
    The thing is one single song that didn't chart near top 20 isnt enough for "un-linkinparkified ears" to be hyped about the upcoming Linkin Park album. Especially when they have been far away from maintream music since Burn It Down. An interview here and there won't make an impact like several released radio songs or even a promoted TV live performance.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Guess they didn't promote it enough :halfkappa: