Linkin Park - Heavy feat. Kiiara Lyric Video

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 16, 2017.

1. wattmatters

wattmatters Well-Known Member

I am suspecting it will have Coldplay vibes.

Just want this album to be 45 minutes+ with lots of weirdness.

Iopia likes this.
  2. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Yes, I just love songs that complain about someone else being with the girl you want, thinking you're better than him. Such great lyrical content. A+ work.

Alexrednex likes this.
  3. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

This.

I like Papa Roach, really. But they almost sound the same the whole time (minus The Connection)

Sum 41 f.e. change there sounds here and there, but not in extreme ways. 13 Voices was great thought.

lpfaneki likes this.
  4. Princess Neptune

Princess Neptune Mike Shinoda ft. Linkin Park

I agree with this. This sounds like the album they should have made instead of Living Things, to be honest. Also, not gonna lie, but I actually think they're more suited to this style of music than what we heard on THP.

Bane, Knt.Slbs, Hybrid and 1 other person like this.
  5. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

I love how polarizing this song is, which means the album will be too. All I asked was for less in your face loudness and more substance, something that relates with the listener. It seems like that's what they're going for here, "Heavy" sort of accomplishes that even if I feel mostly indifferent towards the song as a whole (though it's growing on me). Whether it's hypocritical or not, I'm glad they've decided to go another route. "The Hunting Party" felt like it was all about proving a point, and that kind of bothered me (part of it was how it was marketed), this is a very welcome change of pace for me from both a direction and marketing standpoint. This hasn't been about "going against the grain" and making a statement, it's been all about music that connects with people and our day to day lives (see the comments Mike made towards the track "One More Light"), this is something they can carry towards future work.

Despite there being a lot of divisiveness with the lead single, I'm very optimistic about this album and I wish some fans would keep an open mind about it. "Heavy" might not be one of the most complex or impressive songs they've made, but it doesn't have to be. I have my concerns too as they're an older band and you don't want them to put out duds, but it's an accessible lead pop single which they always make (besides THP), we have a whole album to look forward to. They wouldn't be this proud of their work and writing compared to their previous if it was nothing but an uninspired cash in.

Knt.Slbs and Sasuke like this.
  6. zayl

zayl Friendly neighbor revenge seeking vigilante

yeah, becouse singing that everything's being so heavy isn't an edgy teenager emo content stuff :D
    I don't blame the lyrics though, it's not any kind of masterpiece, highschool literature contest runner up's level at best but still listenable. I just think that pop singers like Mendes and Bieber do their stuff better than a pop newbie like LP. If they expected that they will enter the pop musical world and exterminate the competitors by stuff like this.. well they might just haven't overthink that too much. :)

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  7. wattmatters

wattmatters Well-Known Member

MS - Besides, anyone who thinks our band is synonymous with a genre isn't actually very familiar with the band. We're proud to be able to play comfortably on stage with Paul McCartney, Metallica, Jay-Z, and Steve Aoki. Who else can do that?

Nailed it man.

RapidGunner and Forfeit to Break like this.
  8. Reanimate02

Reanimate02 Well-Known Member

Well, Mike's finally gone 100% pretentious with this whole "Why's it gotta be so heavy?" instagram crap.. combined with the "For those who want to be positive" tweet.

Why's it gotta be so heavy? Come on dude, smoke some weed and enjoy the track.

If you dislike the new song, you're a negative asshole who's stuck in the past.

9. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I know it's just an opinion. But in my opinion they will never release something worse than THP.

I don't get why that's such a crazy statement to say?
    It would take Linkin Park purposefully trying to make a bad record to do worse. And again, this is MY opinion.

He's right

I don't understand what's wrong with those type of lyrics

10. frezer86

frezer86 Active Member

One of the dislikes comes from me and I'm not living the past. I like mentioned albums a lot but I'm nowhere near to be devoted to them and begging band to go back to nu metal. Tbh I didn't really care much about other bands from that era. LP was my favourite back then and I was totally fine with almost everything they've done since Meteora until now. MTM and especially ATS were evolution, but with Heavy evolution in LP seems to be over, they haven't done anything thrilling neither experimental on this track like e.g. on ATS. I'll wait for the album to come out and give it a listen, but my hype for new LP record never been so low.

11. brady

Yes, its not that edgy nor emo. Sure its not real poetic, but its relatable and accessible, and is far more mature than lyrics that would appear on songs from Meteora and Hybrid Theory, and certainly top Treat You Better.

12. Reanimate02

Reanimate02 Well-Known Member

Yeah again.. i'm just sharing my opinion and if the band are happy, then power to them. I feel THP is their worst album too.

I loved Minutes To Midnight, Hybrid Theory.. I can still enjoy A Thousand Suns and Meteora too. I guess that's 4/7 which will hit the mark if LP7 isn't my thing.

Of course they've put out more solid albums than many other artists I love, so whatever.. but i'm playing devil's advocate to an extent. On one hand it feels like a lot of the original fanbase are getting attacked, with this childish "Anyone who hates the new music is a nu-metal GUITARRRZZ loser" thing evolve since ATS, and it's become a lazy way for "mindless follower" types to use every logical fallacy in the book to make it look like they've won an argument when they haven't.

P.S. Blake's cool, I haven't seen him/her doing that.. they were right to kind of point out when I kept repeating myself earlier.

ugh whatever.. I know LP and I know ALL of the tracks won't be like this. Thank you for Minutes To Midnight.

13. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

THP is maybe my second favorite album by the band :lol:

14. One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

Interesting you say that. I would prefer a copy of the LT blueprint over this any day.

Mine too, ATS is first :D

Bane and Michele like this.
  15. chris2

chris2 Smiling At Strangers On Trains LPA Super Member

Yep, same here. After ATS. Though HT will always have a special place in my heart due to the fact that I discovered LP in 2001 after having seen the In The End video on MTV.

Qwerty19, Michele and One More Rob like this.
  16. Blake

See, even last album the band was polarizing :lol:

Edit: At least Linkin Park didn't uses overdose Auto-tune like the new The 1975 cover......

17. crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  18. Blake

Article won't load on my phone but I'm not surprised that Kygo's new song is the #1 most added. That song is a JAM! Definitely one of the best this year.

And I'm really happy LP got 3rd!!! I'm guessing Ed Sheeran was second?

Edit: Just saw it was Maroon 5. And Ed Sheeran's new song I don't think is a single anyway, so that wouldn't have made sense.

crazygolfer likes this.
  19. brady

Bane, Gravity_LP, Blake and 3 others like this.
  20. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

LP is tearing up the charts again...

Blake likes this.